Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Which song always gives you goosebumps?  (Read 5924 times)

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
Re: Which song always gives you goosebumps?
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 04:47:27 PM »

i can agree that 'a day in the life' gives goosebumps
i mean the echo effect in his voice makes it seem surreal
like he's a ghost seeing how the world is doing so far.

George does not approve.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Wonderland

• Getting Better
  • I'm as crazy as you want me to be
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 05:10:05 PM »

A Day In The Life, Strawberry Fields Forever, Because, Norwegian Wood, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, I Feel Fine and In My Life. :)

czgibson

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 11:35:22 AM »

All of the ones already mentioned, plus Twist and Shout for the amazing vocal. Some loser tried singing it on the X Factor (UK TV show) the other day, giving us quite literally the sound of a song with its balls removed.

georgeharrisonluver

• A Thousand Pages
  • Here Comes the Sun
    • My Beatle's Tumblr!
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2009, 04:51:48 AM »

I forgot about And I Love Her, Paul's vocal is so beautiful along with George's guitar

SemolinaPilchard

• A Beginning
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2009, 06:32:29 AM »

A Day In The Life
Abbey Road suite (yes I know more than one song but I always have to listen to them together)
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (when the guitar kicks in all of a sudden)
Eleanor Rigby

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2009, 01:37:56 PM »

I Will and Mother Natures Son.....bit of a White Album time for me at the moment.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 04:21:53 AM »

I Feel Fine...the opening part. And Something. I'm sure there are other's i'll post them as I come across them. Oh and I saw Her Standing There.
<br />

Eliza

• Getting Better
  • You've got a new horizon It's ephemeral style
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 05:47:32 AM »

Dig A Pony not the off of Let it Be but off of Let it Be...Naked always gives me goosebumps
Put yer tongue away it looks digusting hanging out all pinked and naked!-George Harrison

Love forever, love is free Let's turn forever you and me Windmill, windmill for the land Is everybody in?

MissMcCartney

• A Beginning
  • And I Love Him ... ^^^^
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2010, 05:59:14 AM »

I'd have to say ... And I Love Her. It's so beautiful (or in this case, it's And I Love Him ... Paulie). Hehe.
Also In My Life, it's so beautiful. And definitely If I Fell. One of my favourite Beatles songs, the harmonies are so amazing and the whole song is just incredible.
;x ;x Paul PAUL Paul PAUL Paul PAUL Paul x; x;

lockyfan

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »

Tomorrow Never knows.

Im So Tired

Wait

The Word

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 03:05:21 PM »

No one else probably feels this way, but I always get chills at 0:59 into 'Martha My Dear' (when the music swells and the lyrics go, "take a good look around you), the music there is just so happy it makes me happy.

The name's Emily :)

cubanheel

• Getting Better
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 11:37:57 PM »

Girl. So minor key, so sad. When my mum had a phone call to let her know my gran had died, all I could hear was the start of Girl. Still takes me back to that day, my bedroom, looking at the wall, John singing for me in my head. must be nearly 30 years ago, but still vivid.

Mind you, I get goosebumps if ANY Beatles song comes on the radio without warning!
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2010, 01:25:21 PM »

As cubanheel just said, I automatically have a little spazz whenever I hear The Beatles anywhere I'm not expecting to!   :P
But my favourites really do give me the chills, in the best way.  I could include nearly every song they've done, but there are a few songs I rank higher than most.
I think my fave ever Beatles song is Across The Universe.  As you might be able to tell, I love John, and it sums up him for me really.  There were so many layers of his personality, some real and some fabricated, but deep down, I think he was a sensitive soul who was just as vulnerable and delicate as anyone else.  Across The Universe really brings that forward for me, and not only that, but the instrumental textures and the overall atmosphere just give me such a feeling of ascension and purity, like the song's a method of getting closer to that peaceful place that John is now.  John said himself that it was probably the most poetic and profound song he'd ever written.
Another, in a similar vein emotionally, is Julia.  It brings about a lot of the same emotion, but it's a bit more cutting, whereas Across The Universe is more calming and has a sense of resolve.  If anything, Julia makes me feel sad for John, regarding the burdens of his youth and the way his life changed as he grew.  Still, no matter how sorrowful, it still helps me to feel close to him and of course, I don't respect him any less for being imperfect or making mistakes.  He's only human.  And I almost like how Julia's difficult for me to play fluently on guitar.  It sort of emphasises how fantastically smart it is.
I won't go on forever, so I'll just do one more!  I think it has to be Ask Me Why.  Completely different, I know, but it really gets to me in the best way!  Like I said in the Albums section, Ask Me Why just has the most romantic feel to it, which only sky-rockets the affection I have for the boys.  The way their vocals are so sweetly sung, and the closeness of the harmonies that peak and fall fantastically, the gorgeous chord changes, and well, John...  his sandpaper gorgeousness will be the end of me, I tell you!   ;D

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2010, 07:11:53 PM »

^I've always loved, Across the Universe and it does give you a strange surreal like feeling when you're listening to it. But I also find it very calming as well. I really enjoy Julia as well, it makes me sad though. But I find it to be a very touching song. I could never get tired of either of them they are both so heartfelt.

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 08:37:31 PM »

Exactly.  Songs that come straight from the heart are always the best ones, I find.   ;)
I have to praise Happiness Is A Warm Gun, too.  It's structurally exciting, and carries a lot of emotions.  And John's high note on the last chorus is just to die for!   :D

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

rockyracoon

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2010, 07:33:49 PM »

revolution 9 i never bothered to listen to the whole thing

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2010, 06:20:59 AM »

Paul's bass on 'Paperback Writer'.  Quite simply, amazing sound. Listen to it full bore in your car. Ringo's drums are brilliant too.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2010, 08:11:36 PM »

On Paul's 'Back In The US' dvd when he plays 'All My Loving', they're filming the crowd and at one time you see a middle-aged guy with tears rolling down his face. For some reason that choked me up big time. Most grown men won't easily cry in public, so for some reason that song really must've meant something to him. So everytime I hear 'All My Loving' I think of that and it gives me goosebumps.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.713 seconds with 89 queries.