Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New Ringo  (Read 3051 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
New Ringo
« on: September 13, 2019, 02:07:23 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huhji56wSi8&amp;feature=share&amp;fbclid=IwAR2l916yoVWki8hSGIkp_rA_fT9O5uriEPq9AV_py6jI4eK0sXSvZ67x7JA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huhji56wSi8&amp;feature=share&amp;fbclid=IwAR2l916yoVWki8hSGIkp_rA_fT9O5uriEPq9AV_py6jI4eK0sXSvZ67x7JA</a>

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
Re: New Ringo
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 02:39:30 PM »

Thanks for posting this, tkitna.

I read that Ring and Paul are both doing vocals on their remake of John's "Grow old with me" on this album.

I never cared for that song at the end of Double Fantasy but maybe they'll juice it up somehow and make it sound better.  Ringo also said there's a piece of George's guitar in there but I can't remember from what song.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 11:46:18 PM »

Thanks for posting this, tkitna.

I read that Ring and Paul are both doing vocals on their remake of John's "Grow old with me" on this album.

I never cared for that song at the end of Double Fantasy but maybe they'll juice it up somehow and make it sound better.  Ringo also said there's a piece of George's guitar in there but I can't remember from what song.

Ringo apparently recently bumped into the producer of Double Fantasy, Jack Douglas. During the course of their conversation it was agreed that Ringo would cover one of John's songs from the DF sessions on his new album. That song was "Grow Old With Me" (which didn't make the DF cut, but was released posthumously on "Milk And Honey").

"Grow Old With Me" is a beautiful song in my opinion, but sadly it never quite crystallised beyond demo level by John; we only have it in it's fragile, crackly, work-in-progress form. So I'm glad that Ringo is dusting it off. Recruiting Paul is a classy touch and a real bonus of course.

Well done to Jack Douglas for weaving a motif from "Here Comes The Sun" into the orchestration. That's so cool.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 05:09:08 AM »

Ringo apparently recently bumped into the producer of Double Fantasy, Jack Douglas. During the course of their conversation it was agreed that Ringo would cover one of John's songs from the DF sessions on his new album. That song was "Grow Old With Me" (which didn't make the DF cut, but was released posthumously on "Milk And Honey").

"Grow Old With Me" is a beautiful song in my opinion, but sadly it never quite crystallised beyond demo level by John; we only have it in it's fragile, crackly, work-in-progress form. So I'm glad that Ringo is dusting it off. Recruiting Paul is a classy touch and a real bonus of course.

Well done to Jack Douglas for weaving a motif from "Here Comes The Sun" into the orchestration. That's so cool.

George Martin did do a string arrangement which was overlayed on the Lennon demo. But it still sounds like a demo with a string arrangement overlayed 

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 01:15:05 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLHJepdaV0k" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLHJepdaV0k</a>

Mr. Mustard:  Thanks for the correction that "Grow old with me" was on Milk and Honey, not Double Fantasy as I misstated.

Moog:  I listened to the demo you referenced and have decided to post it here.  It definitely sounds fuller and more ambient than the Milk and Honey version.  I guess I like it a little better today than when I first heard it back in 1981 or 1982.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 01:17:11 AM »

I think that Grow Old with Me was one of the tapes Yoko gave to Paul or George as a potential Threetles project for Anthology. I think they opted against it as it had already been released on Milk and Honey while Free as a Bird and Real Love had only been bootlegged.

NotTheWalrus

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 07:43:48 AM »

I'm pleased to see that there is new Beatles product being released. I've only listened to What's My Name once so far, but it's a typical Ringo R&R album. The processed vocal on 'Money' is a bit strange, but overall the album is a good one.

Page created in 0.776 seconds with 54 queries.