Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Where Were You?  (Read 82458 times)

Re: Where Were You?
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2005, 04:37:15 PM »

Quote from: TurnMeOnDeadman
I was a little sperm waiting to reach an egg 12 years later

So how did your father's sperm react to John's death?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2005, 04:39:30 PM »

Quote from: Fab4
Such a sad and fascinating thread. Although I wish people would refrain from letting everyone know that they were not born or were negative something. Like that is cute or funny. Quite strange considering the name of the thread.

I agree. If you weren't around when it happened, you weren't there. If you were 'a sperm waiting for 12 years to be born', what the f***? You weren't alive, you have no recollection, so why post? Just to post? We're talking about a vivid memory here folks.

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2005, 08:57:56 PM »

I was 14 at the time and had been into and collected The Beatles records and memorabilia for about 6 years by then. My dad who is a early riser, woke me at 4:30 am an said "son your better hold on to your Beatle collection" Thinking to myself W.T.F is he talking about!!!!!! Its frigging 4:30 in the morning and I dont have to get up for another 2 1/2 hours, and I damn sure dont want to talk about my Beatles collection! Anyway, I asked "why"? He said "someone Killed John Lennon last night". Knowing that I was a huge Beatles fan he felt he should wake me up to tell me. I kind of went numb and thought He does'nt know what he talking about. So I got up and watched the news, got the morning paper and proceeded to ditch school for three days watching tributes and listening to the radio. It is one of the worst memories of my youth. >:(

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2005, 01:02:45 PM »

I was only 6 at the time but had already got heavily into A Hard Days Night and had the Beatles double red LP. My mum and dad had a few Lennon songs like Beautiful Boy, Jealous Guy and Woman on the juke box... I was only just understanding that The Beatles had broken up when it was revealed on the news, in the kitchen, when I lived in Wales. Even then I was gutted at the thought of an impossible Beatle reuninon. I still never quite realised the magnitude of the man, only the reaction of the world at the time.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2005, 01:10:25 PM »

I was 22 and had just finished a band practise. Went to the pub and a friend rushed up and told me John was dead. I didn't believe him until he pointed out that the radio was playing back to back Beatle songs.
I don't recall how I felt. But I got VERY drunk.
don't follow leaders

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2005, 11:15:14 AM »

i was like negtive 11 years...lol

i asked my dad though, and he said he was he was in birmingham(england), driving along with the radio on at about half 10 in the morning, and they apparentlky said 'news just in that john lennon, leader of the beatles has been shot to death in new york. :'( he wasnt really a big fan of the beatles, he only quite like them), but apparently said it was a 'great shame', and a sentsless killing, and was very sad.

Ivo

• A Beginning
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2005, 06:42:25 AM »

I was getting ready for school and my mom had the news on.  I remember her being quite upset.  
I'm off like a herd of turtles.

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2005, 10:06:01 AM »

you guys have good memories

mih ssim mih ssim ,won daed si luap

"LSD is a drug made famous by John Lennon and Paul Mccartney"
 &nb

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2005, 11:45:42 AM »

^i don't thing its something you can easily forget
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2005, 04:49:36 PM »

I wasnt a beatles fan when George died..but I remember my teacher was sad and was talking about it

&nb

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2005, 10:37:08 PM »

you guys have good memories

There are certain moments in history that are so unbelievable and devastating, that they're burned into your memory. Do you think you'll forget where you were when you heard about 9/11? Surely you weren't too young to remember that. I have the worst memory ever, but the moment I heard of John Lennon's death will stay with me forever. Just like people say of the Kennedy assasination. Even people who were not Beatles fans or didn't care for John Lennon remember it. It was a bizzare and tragic moment.

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2005, 11:09:03 PM »

I remember 9/11.....I woke up in the morning and I turn on the TV and almost evry channel has some dancing Palestians dancing around in the street

&nb

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2005, 07:31:50 AM »

I don't understand that kind of hatred. I know they hate our country and some of our policies, but most of us are just hard working people trying to live our lives as best we can. Like any other human being out there.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2005, 09:55:39 AM »

I remember 9/11.....I woke up in the morning and I turn on the TV and almost evry channel has some dancing Palestians dancing around in the street

But that was simply old footage of those people dancing. They WEREN'T celebrating what had just happened. The footage was at least MONTHS old.

That so many news outlets showed that footage (originating where? CNN? Fox? I don't know) shows how easily the media can manipulate - and how easily people can be manipulated.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2005, 09:56:46 AM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
I don't understand that kind of hatred. I know they hate our country and some of our policies, but most of us are just hard working people trying to live our lives as best we can. Like any other human being out there.

See my post above.

Of course, they too are just "hard-working people trying to live theie lives as best they can".

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2005, 11:39:33 AM »

So much propaganda out there.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2005, 11:49:08 AM »

What's your point Ydoll? Do you think I'm attacking ALL of the people in the middle east? Gee I must be real stupid then to think they're ALL evil and full of hatred. I'm not a sheep thank you very much. I don't hate based on nationality, religion, or race. I'm talking about the hatred that exists in people that have no problem murdering innocent people for no apparent reason. I don't agree with that no matter who it may be. I certainly didn't say anything about the people in those countries that are going about their own lives and are good and loving people.
I don't understand the kind of hatred that could make people drag an decent person from a truck because of sexual preference or hang someone based on color.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2005, 10:02:21 PM »

Please calm down Sandra. My posts were in no way meant to be critical of YOU. I was just pointing out to you in my response to your post that there are hard-working people on the "other" side too.

But I was also responding to Deadman's post about those Palestinians dancing around in the streets. That was NOT recent footage, and they COULD NOT have been celebrating the atrocity.

They were holding up pictures of the disaster, burning American flags and human effigies and so on.
There are always groups of middle Eastern people burning US flags etc. Hence all media outlets contain lots of library footage that they can troop out as they see fit. But they were NOT holding up pictures of the disaster. "They seem to be waving pictures of the crashes ..." --"seems", but not in fact.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2005, 10:39:56 PM »

I'm as calm as you are Ydoll. I just thought your bit about 'there are hard working people in other countries too' was a tad condescending. As if I wasn't aware. Ethnocentric stereotype and all. I admit I was a bit overly sensitive to the comment, but I do think your comments about the footage not being current should be backed up by something.
I would be interested in reading something that proves that statement. You didn't get that from listening to Michael Moore did you? Because he's as bad at spewing out propaganda as the other side is. You've got to take everything with a grain of salt these days.
I can't help but think this, and I don't mean it as an insult or anything, but the fact that people would say this or that didn't happen reminds me of the people who say the pictures of the holocaust were propaganda and that it wasn't as bad as everyone was making it seem. Just reminded me of that, that's all. You may well be 100% correct, but I've been searching online and have yet to come up with proof either way. Like I said, I'd love to find it so I can educate my fellow Americans.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2005, 10:48:11 PM »

To be honest, I can't remember! That sounds lame - but it's honestly lame!

I can remember a fuss about it where I live (Australia) a couple of hours after the footage was broadcast by (I'm fairly sure at least) CNN. But I also have a memory of the lie of showing such material as being regarded as a bit ho hum - as if "it's done all the time, where's the harm".

You're obviously (?) a pretty conservative person, maybe even a supporter of Bush. Just remember, though, when you're assessing your president, that he has his finger on the greatest nuclear arsenal in the world - and the poor dodo can't even pronounce "nuclear" (he says nucular). Shee-it! And some people trust this guy's judgement!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Page created in 0.392 seconds with 82 queries.