Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: review of the new album...I mean compilation  (Read 3658 times)

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
review of the new album...I mean compilation
« on: October 09, 2005, 01:14:01 AM »

i got Working Class Hero - The Difinitive Lennon and i have to say that this is a great album. the songs are a perfect mix of his solo stuff. the only gripe i have: why the bloody hell could they come out with this a year ago when i started to really get into the solo stuff so i wouldnt have to spend another 20 bucks on the Lennon Legend cd.

yoko, you may have put johns good songs on this as opposed to Wonsaponatime which included everything, but i hope that my money will cause you everlasting pain for cheating thousands of fans into buying this after they already bought the damn lennon legend cd >:(

great cd though
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
Re: review of the new album...I mean compilation
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 01:20:15 AM »

only thing i thought was a problem was all the friggin remixes on disc 2. and those are all the non-hit songs too. WTBF Yoko! are those original songs too much of crap for you!
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 01:20:23 AM »

Why not buy all of his solo stuff and screw the compilations?

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 01:42:13 AM »

because as much of a Johnboy fan as I am, there are some stuff that i wont buy cause its just not worth it. the only non compilation albums ill buy are POB and Imagine.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 02:45:26 AM »

Then your missing out and I have to question just how much a Johnboy fan you are. Thats like me saying that Sugarloaf is my favorite band, but I only have the greatest hits. Just never understood that. You miss way to much music by just buying greatest hits compilations, plus the fact its the same sh*t they play on the radio anyways. Whatever.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 03:16:18 AM »

haha, yea but i do buy solo albums, i just start out with the compilation albums but then i move into the actual albums and find their true greatness. ive done that with every band i listen to. kinda like a music screening system

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 04:41:57 AM »

It should be the other way around. If you know the songs on a greatest hits album, you don't need it unless you want a nice tidy collection of songs. Its the actual digging and listening to stuff you haven't heard that's the main thing. There's alot of great songs on Lennon's solo stuff you won't hear otherwise. That's just my point of view. Alot of people like having generic 'Best Of's' in their collection I guess.

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2005, 10:39:47 AM »

omg, im an idiot, i just realized. i have about 4 john lennon compilation of greatest hits, or watever u wana call them on cd!

and i have like 6/7 of his solo releases

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2005, 01:08:20 PM »

but if you dont like the "best of"you are less likely not get any of the solo albums.

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2005, 01:44:42 PM »

I think some of the 'best of' material isn't on any compilations. You'll never hear 'How', 'How Do You Sleep', 'Old Dirt Road', etc. Enjoy your compilations.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 09:48:16 PM »

hey, i do listen to and own a bunch of his solo/non compilation stuff. i just start out with some bands best of and then go into their normal albums. but i do own POB, Imagine, and DF and im now going to get Mind Games. but you do realize that these albums cost 15-25 bucks, and a 16 yr old teen who works only three days a week cant buy them as often as i wish. its taken me 5 years to get every beatle album that came out when they were a band. and now i'm moving to John's stuff.

and next time, read my entire post. dont just pick and choose what you read cause i did mention that i do own his original albums.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2005, 09:53:24 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
... some of the 'best of' material isn't on any compilations. You'll never hear 'How', 'How Do You Sleep', 'Old Dirt Road', etc....

EXACTLY  ;)

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2005, 09:55:49 PM »

i know, which is why i go for the other albums as the second album i get by them. (lucky for me, the first john album i got was the sound track to the movie which had How on it anyway)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2005, 03:12:33 AM »

Quote from: somedude210
because as much of a Johnboy fan as I am, there are some stuff that i wont buy cause its just not worth it. the only non compilation albums ill buy are POB and Imagine.

hey, i do listen to and own a bunch of his solo/non compilation stuff. i just start out with some bands best of and then go into their normal albums. but i do own POB, Imagine, and DF and im now going to get Mind Games.

Well, whats it going to be? I have read the entire thread and your contradicting yourself. Are you buying/owning his stuff or not?

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2005, 01:21:48 PM »

i do buy and own a bunch albums but there are crap out there done by him, such as the wedding album. and maybe the live in toranto one. but between POB and DF i try to get them. but i dont download songs and i dont have the money to get them at the moment.

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2005, 03:00:50 PM »

Saw this review on Amazon.co.uk:

Reviewer: Kenneth B. Spencer from USA
Another Greatest Hits? Oh right Christmas is coming...
Dear Yoko,
I believe John now has more Greatest Hits albums than Jimi Hendrix. Is there nothing new, or unheard in your vault? Please share, none of us are getting any younger.
I have to believe if John were still with us, he would STOP putting out "Woman Is The black person of the World" c'mon the song was not relevant during the sexual revolution, it's sure not relevant now, we didn't need it on Acoustic Lennon either. I know I would be hard pressed to find a decent song to release off of "Sometime In New Your City" too, John is allowed to have albums meant to be forgotten, Paul certainly does.
Thank you for remembering us at X-mas,
Shine On!
Ken

Spot on.
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2005, 03:21:36 PM »

That's great, I agree. :)
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2005, 04:54:56 PM »

yep

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2005, 07:24:33 PM »

hey, ive never heard Sometime in New York, is the originial Sunday Bloody Sunday any good?

JonnyMoondog

• A Beginning
  • I am he.
    • Music Site
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2005, 10:29:30 PM »

There are more albums besides Plastic Ono Band and Imagine that are good though, Mind Games for example and Walls & Bridges.
http://www.suedeapple.co.uk/rev - Check it out, it's my website.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 82 queries.