Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 640801 times)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #9580 on: November 06, 2015, 01:43:21 PM »

True, that! But I forgot to swing by the post office and drop them in the box after work. When I pull out of our parking lot the post office is directly in front of me! I think I need help.

You and me both, perhaps! I had to call my ex just a few minutes ago to tell him that our son may have strep throat and mistakenly called my father. Yeesh! (What would Freud say about that?  ;)  )
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9581 on: November 17, 2015, 12:17:42 AM »

An excerpt from an op-ed piece from CNN.... roll:)

At the University of Connecticut, students can claim a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Puppetry. At Skidmore, you can twerk to "The Sociology of Miley Cyrus." At Brown, there is a course "On Being Bored." At Occidental, in a rare victory for truth in marketing, they can take a course in "Stupidity."

KelMar

« Reply #9582 on: November 22, 2015, 01:17:57 AM »

I am not setting foot in a grocery store again until December. I can't remember the last time I bought this much on a shopping trip but I'm all set to begin the cooking marathon!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9583 on: November 22, 2015, 03:24:33 AM »

^^^^

Smart move, Kelley. I still have a few more things to pick up. Enjoy the cooking marathon.   :)

KelMar

« Reply #9584 on: November 22, 2015, 03:49:29 AM »

^^^^

Smart move, Kelley. I still have a few more things to pick up. Enjoy the cooking marathon.   :)

Thank you Kathy! Usually I'm out shopping after work on Tuesday but I forced myself to go today. LOL

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #9585 on: November 22, 2015, 07:27:41 AM »

An excerpt from an op-ed piece from CNN.... roll:)

At the University of Connecticut, students can claim a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Puppetry. At Skidmore, you can twerk to "The Sociology of Miley Cyrus." At Brown, there is a course "On Being Bored." At Occidental, in a rare victory for truth in marketing, they can take a course in "Stupidity."

I think a lot of 'em major in stupidity.    :(
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #9586 on: December 05, 2015, 03:21:19 AM »

I wish the perfect iPad case would jump into my Amazon shopping cart. Too many choices!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9587 on: December 06, 2015, 08:39:00 PM »

These Top 10 Elf on the Shelf Fails made me laugh out loud, No. 8 in particular. The captions are hilarious!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/family/10-hilarious-elf-on-the-shelf-fails/ss-AAfZ9fo
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 08:41:13 PM by Normandie »

KelMar

« Reply #9588 on: December 06, 2015, 09:26:54 PM »

These Top 10 Elf on the Shelf Fails made me laugh out loud, No. 8 in particular. The captions are hilarious!

They are funny! I was actually thinking about sharing #8. It's been showing up on my Facebook feed for the last couple of years and I agree with the German Shepherd; the Elf is creepy! I always think of a very precocious  little girl I know who got one for her December birthday a few years ago. She wanted no part of it. Her mom tried but finally said, "Okay...he's out in the garage in a box. Besides, the whole story is fake." That wasn't good enough for Reece though. She wanted it totally gone because "He's out there thinking about me with his fake little mind!" LOL
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 09:28:51 PM by In My Life »

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9589 on: December 13, 2015, 04:18:20 AM »

Just got 2nd row orchestra seats to The Tenors in March!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #9590 on: December 13, 2015, 04:23:03 AM »

Just got 2nd row orchestra seats to The Tenors in March!

Nice Dave!

KelMar

« Reply #9591 on: December 30, 2015, 07:55:21 AM »

It's amazing how Beatles references seem to abound. Just now I read this one in an article about steam heat, of all things. I know it sounds like an odd article for me to read but I happen to be a big fan of that type of heat and love the old radiators that have been in my house for over 100 years. LOL

"Holohan paused on an image of ice-skaters twirling in Central Park, so old that the Dakota stood alone in the skyline. “What does everyone in this picture have in common?” he asked. “I’ll tell you: every one of them is dead, dead, dead. They don’t know about rock and roll, or a band called the Beatles, or a place called Strawberry Fields. But the heating system in that building behind them is still in place.” The crowd murmured appreciatively."

The Joy of Steam Heat-The New Yorker

I think this is actually the picture, from 1890:

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #9592 on: December 30, 2015, 09:51:54 AM »

That's a great pic Kelley. The skyline looks a bit different now.

I had steam heating in the house I lived in in NJ as a teenager. I recall I used to like sleeping in the cold (being raised in Sydney meant I'd never experienced really cold conditions). I used to shut the valve off in my room in winter and pull the blankets up. I don't recall getting pneumonia. Must have been a close run thing though.

KelMar

« Reply #9593 on: December 30, 2015, 10:40:57 PM »

I didn't know you once lived in the US Moog. I've heard that sleeping in a cold room is actually better for a person so you did the right thing.  ;)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9594 on: December 30, 2015, 11:26:05 PM »

I think this is actually the picture, from 1890:

Great picture, Kelley! I almost feel like I'm there.

I love steam heat, too. I remember how frightening the steam pipes could sound in my old college buildings. They produced some pretty strange noises!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9595 on: December 30, 2015, 11:31:18 PM »

I'm in a panic because SyFy pulled a fast one on me this year, LOL; the Twilight Zone marathon is starting 12 hours earlier than usual, in about an hour. I still have four articles to edit!

What an earth-shattering conundrum.  ha2ha

KelMar

« Reply #9596 on: December 31, 2015, 12:35:36 AM »

Great picture, Kelley! I almost feel like I'm there.

I love steam heat, too. I remember how frightening the steam pipes could sound in my old college buildings. They produced some pretty strange noises!

When we first moved in here we had all kinds of trouble with air in the system. I can still see Kevin running up and down the stairs with a radiator key and a bucket. But a new boiler fixed that. And so began the money pit years.

I'm in a panic because SyFy pulled a fast one on me this year, LOL; the Twilight Zone marathon is starting 12 hours earlier than usual, in about an hour. I still have four articles to edit!

Oh no! I'll bet you felt like you were in the Twilight Zone when you found out. Are you sure you're aren't?:o
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 04:25:53 PM by In My Life »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9597 on: December 31, 2015, 01:37:23 AM »

Don't worry Kathleen.  There's time enough at last.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9598 on: December 31, 2015, 05:02:13 PM »

And so began the money pit years.

I feel like those years will never end....I've actually gone backwards in life.  :'( 

Don't worry Kathleen.  There's time enough at last.

Very true, Barry, and I did manage to catch that episode, in fact.  :)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9599 on: December 31, 2015, 09:33:16 PM »

Very true, Barry, and I did manage to catch that episode, in fact.  :)

You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!

Room for one more, honey.

Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 527

Page created in 0.723 seconds with 76 queries.