Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Paul McCartney Up And Coming Tour  (Read 47258 times)

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
Re: Paul McCartney Up And Coming Tour
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2010, 06:12:06 PM »

And I know that I'm being picky and honestly, I would have answered the question the same way, but goddddd.

Awwww I'm sorry :(

The name's Emily :)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2010, 10:27:56 PM »

Sorry about your radio station tix, Oomu... :( This is why I hate calling radio stations for contests. Either the line is always tied up or someone else beats me to the chase. Just keep trying--maybe you'll get lucky.

And I'm assuming that your mom isn't willing to shell out for Paul or Ringo tickets? :(

Oomu

• Getting Better
  • It's always the quiet ones.
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2010, 03:00:03 PM »

Yeah I'm not going to that concert. They're not even selling tickets in doubles anymore, only singles. And as for the stupid radio station, this morning they didn't even announce they were opening up the lines, they just all the sudden had someone on the phone. And their question was "What is Paul's middle name?"

First guy that answered said "Lawrence." LAWRENCE. I don't even know what to say to that.

I guess I can take comfort in the fact that this is Paul we're talking about. He'll tour again, we all know it. I think.

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2010, 04:02:23 PM »

Yeah I'm not going to that concert. They're not even selling tickets in doubles anymore, only singles. And as for the stupid radio station, this morning they didn't even announce they were opening up the lines, they just all the sudden had someone on the phone. And their question was "What is Paul's middle name?"

First guy that answered said "Lawrence." LAWRENCE. I don't even know what to say to that.

I guess I can take comfort in the fact that this is Paul we're talking about. He'll tour again, we all know it. I think.

How in the *Beep* would anyone even consider Lawrence? Gosh, that question is one of the oldest Beatles trick questions in the book!

FutureStar

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2010, 12:26:32 AM »

Paul is coming to my town (Puerto Rico)!!  I'm pretty excited since this will be the first time he performs here, and I received some $$ a few days ago so I will be able to attend.  Presale starts tomorrow for AMEX card holders at 12PM; my mom is an AMEX cardmember so hopefully I will be able to score some good seats.  I thought I would never be able to see a Beatle performing live, but that dream is about to come true!

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2010, 04:17:30 AM »

^^I'm so jealous/happy for you!

FutureStar

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2010, 05:06:06 PM »

Thanks I_Will!  I was able to get tickets, although they were expensive IMHO and I wasn't able to get the ones I had in mind.  I'm not very close to the stage, but I guess this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I will enjoy the concert (even though my seats are pretty far away from the stage  :( )

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2010, 08:37:03 PM »

From the Ringo concert thread:

I wish they'd get things like this off the internet.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities-news-in-pics/31-07-2009/52039/
 ???

I think that's just a tabloid, isn't it? Gossip sites like to make up stuff...I doubt Paul will quit touring until he's physically unable to perform or has other more pressing issues going on (family stuff, etc.). Why would he quit now if he's healthy and still can play? He loves performing and people are still paying big bucks to see him.

Thanks I_Will!  I was able to get tickets, although they were expensive IMHO and I wasn't able to get the ones I had in mind.  I'm not very close to the stage, but I guess this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I will enjoy the concert (even though my seats are pretty far away from the stage  :( )

Congrats on your tickets!! I'm sorry your seats were further than you thought, but I think you will be okay as long as the venue has good speakers and big screens. You'll get swept up in the spirit of the event, so have a great time!

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2010, 07:25:21 AM »

More Paul concert rumors...

Paul McCartney Up and Coming Tour could include Connecticut stop

http://www.examiner.com/x-34954-Paul-McCartney-Examiner~y2010m3d5-Paul-McCartney-Up-and-Coming-Tour-could-include-Connecticut-stop

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2010, 06:17:08 PM »

More Paul concert rumors...

http://www.examiner.com/x-34954-Paul-McCartney-Examiner~y2010m3d5-Paul-McCartney-Up-and-Coming-Tour-could-include-Connecticut-stop

If he DOES play there, that will kill me. Connecticut is JUST too far from where I'd be able to go :(

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2010, 12:32:05 PM »

I'M SEEING PAUL!!!!!!! ;D

Here's were I'll be sitting but I think we will be near the front in that area

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2010, 09:21:16 PM »

^ Congrats, Euan. You have some really good seats!

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2010, 09:57:18 PM »

Roll on June ;D

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2010, 11:44:34 PM »

I think it's a tad bit funny that he's named this tour "Up and Coming" he's not an up and coming artist at all. I have a weird sense of humor.  :P

Bobber

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2010, 07:18:26 AM »

He's coming. And he's up.

Bobber

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2010, 07:31:55 AM »

If he DOES play there, that will kill me. Connecticut is JUST too far from where I'd be able to go :(

There's also rumours he will play Moscow's Red Square plus The Colosseum in Rome, Italy.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2010, 07:33:01 AM »

He's coming. And he's up.

Will he play Coming Up? :P

I've been hearing rumors about South America. We'll see!

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2010, 03:45:50 PM »

There's also rumours he will play Moscow's Red Square plus The Colosseum in Rome, Italy.

I think that rumour started because a journalist mis-read the tour press release (which mentioned some of Macca's past touring highlights).
I remember reading about this on the forum at Paul's website - someone posted a link to the press release and to the article, and you could see that the journalist had plucked out a sentence about where Paul has played in the past and had written it up as if that was where he is playing on this tour.
IIRC, it was a newspaper based in Scotland.

Tamara

• A Beginning
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2010, 03:51:38 PM »

I think that rumour started because a journalist mis-read the tour press release (which mentioned some of Macca's past touring highlights).
I remember reading about this on the forum at Paul's website - someone posted a link to the press release and to the article, and you could see that the journalist had plucked out a sentence about where Paul has played in the past and had written it up as if that was where he is playing on this tour.
IIRC, it was a newspaper based in Scotland.

So that's how rumours come to live.

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2010, 04:01:50 PM »

What are the chances of Paul making changes to his set list for this tour, do you think?
Much of his set (Hey Jude, Let It Be, Band on the Run, Jet, Let Me Roll It, Lady Madonna, I Saw Her Standing There, Yesterday, etc) has been done to death on his tours for the past 20 years.
I know that people seeing Paul for the first time will probably want to hear him do stuff like Yesterday, so fair enough there are going to be "must-haves" like this and Hey Jude in the set, but it would be nice to see a totally revamped bunch of songs.
I know that he does rotate some of the Beatles content - adding songs like I've Got a Feeling and Helter Skelter on recent tours, which is great.
But he seems to almost totally ignore the Wings era apart from the BOTR album and My Love. Why not do stuff from Back to the Egg or London Town? I'd love to hear Getting Closer or With A Little Luck, for example.
And his post-wings solo stuff always seems under-represented as well, apart from a handful of songs from whichever album he is promoting at that particular time.
He has such a huge back catalogue of stuff to choose from, and him and his band are such fine musicians, that I'd expect him to mix it up a bit more.
But he seems to stick to largely the same set list (and even the same song introductions) from show to show and even from tour to tour!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Page created in 0.508 seconds with 81 queries.