Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

T-Rex

(1/7) > >>

Sondra:
I don't know if there was a thread about this already, I don't seem to remember one, so here goes. What do you all think of them. And Marc Bolan inparticular. I've read that he was greatly influenced by Syd Barrett. He and Bowie would watch him play and kind of adopted his look. Anyway, besides that, how much of an influence do you think T-Rex had/have on bands then and now? I mean, I know they were the begining of the whole glam rock scene and all, but anything beyond that? Does anyone even like them around here? I like a few of their songs. Children of the Revolution is great. Metal Guru, Ride the White Swan and some others are okay too. Any thoughts?

An Apple Beatle:
I like em...I reckon they have an albums worth of great material. He is certainly revered in the UK although the record companies

andersonCouncill:
They're ok. Influences today, eh? Perhaps The Darkness.

pc31:
mambo sun is good...jeepster.....born to boogie needed a better director...
a related topic???? http://beatles.murashev.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?b=starr,m=1117372297

Sondra:
Hey what's the song that's always in those car commercials? It's got a really good intro. I think T-Rex is better appreciated in the UK. Around here, it's the same song played on the radio all the time. If I here Get it On one more time...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version