Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What are you doing on the 30th anniversary of John's death?  (Read 3135 times)

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
What are you doing on the 30th anniversary of John's death?
« on: December 07, 2010, 12:24:31 AM »

I'll wear a badge listen to his music go up town and lay flowers at the John Lennon Bench  and sit and think of him. In the evening I'll light a candle watch Imagine John Lennon.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

nimrod

Re: What are you doing on the 30th anniversary of John's death?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 06:47:32 AM »

I'll be doing my best not to think of that sad sad day.

yavanna

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 08:10:15 AM »

Well, I'll visit a friend tomorrow and we're going to see a play. Which has nothing to da with the anniversary. But the train ride to get there will give me the time to listen to a lot of John and Beatle music  :D.
 And maybe I can persuede my friend to go to the late advance showing of "Nowhere boy", as a cinema in the town were she lives shows the movie (most cinemas in Germany do not, and I'm furious about that !   >:(). But I doubt I can talk her into that, as she has to work early the following day.
If the sun has faded away
I'll try to make it shine

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 08:22:38 AM »

I have a pile of work to take care of tomorrow.

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 03:54:53 AM »

I'm allmost 53 years old.I was a adult living on my own allready when John was assassinated.So the memory is still clear with me.The memory of how he died and still being only 40 years old. Is still painful and still sometimes brings tears to my eyes.Tomorrow I will be listening to music and later that evening lighting a candle for him in my home.As I have done for many years.My Dad was born on Johns birthday of October 9th.Except my Dad would have turned 88 years old this past birthday.He passed away from cancer when I was in my 20's.So even John birthday has special personal meaning for me every year.I am sending out prayers love,respect and caring on December 8th for John.Also prayers, positive energy and love for Yoko and Sean and Julian and Cynthia and Johns relatives living in England.And for all of us that loved and cared about him.Thank you John for everything you gave us all.Your allways be with us in our hearts and through your music.Lets not just be sad about how he died and his death. We need to celebrate John's Life.We Love You John.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:05:51 AM by peregrine9 »
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Snoopy66

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 08:08:59 AM »

I'll never forget that dreadful 8th December 30 years ago which put an end to the life of John, but fortunately his music still lives on and always will. This evening I'll listen to his songs and light up a candle. Miss you John...

Snoopy

carlacundari

• One And One Is Two
  • it doesn't hurt to feel your own pain.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 02:35:38 PM »

I'll wear a badge listen to his music go up town and lay flowers at the John Lennon Bench  and sit and think of him. In the evening I'll light a candle watch Imagine John Lennon.

I'm just thinking of him, thinking how much I miss him and how much i still love him....
of course, I'll watch Imagine and the Beatles from Liverpool to San Francisco-
I was 23 when i lost my dear John-
he's been by my side all my life-
It doesn't hurt to feel your own pain.- John.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 08:56:22 PM »

I'm lighting candles and thinking about him right now...

He was part of one of the biggest things in the world, the thing that made people care about life again after so much war and depression...  people felt like being in this world was worth it again.  I think if John could see the massive uproar that always manifests in his honour, he'd be a little embarrassed or maybe think we were being silly.  But if I could, I'd tell him that it's his music that's brought joy to the world, within The Beatles and without, and it's thanks to his music that people have got through hard times, articulated themselves in a way they wouldn't normally, and just felt something positive and untouchable.  And aside from that, John was a great man, just as the person he was.  He did some bad things, made some mistakes and misjudgements, but so does everyone.  He was a beautiful man, capable of so much love, and that's why I love John, regardless of being a Beatle.  I sincerely hope that he's at peace now, wherever he is.

My admiration of John is only second-hand really, considering I was never alive in his lifetime, never experienced The Beatles as a current thing.  But even then, I don't think he'll ever know just how much I adore him.
Sleep tight, darling John.  I always loved you the best.

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 01:14:45 AM »

I couldn't help but think of him often today and what I was doing 30 years ago today when I heard the news. 

WCBS-FM has been playing his songs all day.
I can stay till it's time to go

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 10:36:51 AM »

I couldn't sit on the John Lennon bench as it was covered with snow. In the evening I lit a candle and watched Imagine John Lennon.

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 09:43:26 PM »

Well, I had school, so I couldn't really do anything during the day. But when I got home I watched Imagine: John Lennon on BBCA and sang along to all of the songs :)

But... When it got to the last 15 minutes of the movie, I couldn't help but just cry my eyes out. When Sean was being interviewed was one of the most emotional moments for me, because then you realise he wasn't only the rock god we see him as, but a family man and a father to Sean and Julian.

And after that... I tried to sleep but really couldn't.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 09:47:37 PM »

Very passionate, emmi.  Now imagine the entire world feeling that way 30 years ago.
I can stay till it's time to go

Page created in 0.25 seconds with 69 queries.