Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: John's 65th Birthday  (Read 1541 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
John's 65th Birthday
« on: October 06, 2005, 04:18:53 AM »

I wonder how this day will be celebrated or acknowledged. I mean, it's his 65th. I wonder what he'd look like. Wonder if he would have still been making music. This is the day people should go to the Dakota to celebrate his life instead of getting depressed about his death. Oh well, I guess both days are times to think about and appreciate the man. Anyway, here's what Yoko has planned: (I don't get why it says it's marking the anniversary of his death when the title says Ono is celebrating his birthday. Sloppy editing. )

Ono marks Lennon's 65th birthday  

Yoko Ono is to hold a memorial concert in Japan on Friday to mark the 25th anniversary of her husband John Lennon's murder. Ono, 72, said she was "embarrassed and thrilled" about the prospect of singing Beatles songs at the concert at Nippon Budokan hall in Tokyo.
Ono said Lennon's "spirit" was present at the venue, where The Beatles played their first Japanese concert in 1966.
Lennon, who was shot dead in New York in 1980, would have been 65 on Sunday.
The concert will also feature local musicians and part of the proceeds will be donated to orphans in Africa and Asia, including victims of last year's Boxing Day tsunami disaster.
"Since John played with his Beatles bandmates there for the first time, I still feel as if his spirit is there," Ono said.

Wait, Yoko singing Beatles songs? Hmmm...

In other Lennon news, a couple of his items are going up for auction this month:

Lennon's Abbey Road suit for sale  
 A white suit worn by John Lennon on the cover of the Beatles' Abbey Road album is to be sold at auction next month.
Lennon wore the suit in 1969 for the photograph, which had the band mid-stride on a pedestrian crossing in the London street of the title.
US auction house Julien's expects it to reach up to $150,000 (

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
Re: John's 65th Birthday
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 10:44:20 AM »

I just got this a couple of days ago. Comes in 2 editions...I went for the earlier 'Lennon' front cover.

A little bit more content than the Uncut mag but even looking at the cover CD of Lennon covers dosn't inspire me to rush and put it on my CD system. Rather listen to Lennon's last interview instead I think.

http://www.q4music.com/nav?page=q4music.about.currentissue
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 07:48:29 PM »

Cool. I haven't even looked at magazines here. Wonder if anythings out. Probably not. But I'm hoping.

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 02:06:06 AM »

Paul is on the cover of every magazine right now, especially the musician's mags. Ringo is on the cover of some Drum magazine. And of course, John mentioned above. I expect a deluge of John Tribute magazines towards the end of the year, probably most in questionable taste.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 07:59:57 PM »

I found this article about and thought it was cute. (for the three people interested in his b-day)

How to Celebrate John Lennon's Birthday

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 04:40:40 AM »

Well I guess I'll use this thread to say.....Happy Birthday John!! We all miss you...I'll be sure to Blast Give peace a chance at least three times so my whole block can hear it.

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 09:53:51 AM »

Happy Bitrthday dear John!(birthday) We all miss you...(sleep3)(sleep3)

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2005, 10:27:33 AM »

hazza birth john!

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 55 queries.