Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Yoko Ono to Japanese Disaster Victims: ' We Are All Together '  (Read 1477 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages

Billboard.com
July 22, 2011
Yoko Ono to Japanese Disaster Victims: 'We Are All Together'

Visiting her disaster-stricken homeland, Yoko Ono said Friday she wants to give fellow Japanese a big hug.Ono said she was deeply saddened by the devasation caused by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami that left more than 20,000 people dead or missing and touched off the worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl."I have so many incredible feelings about this whole situation," Ono said in an interview with The Associated Press before accepting an award for her philanthropic work in Asia and Africa. "I really wanted to hold them, hug them and tell them, 'Listen, we are all together.'"

http://www.billboard.com/news/yoko-ono-to-japanese-disaster-victims-we-1005289612.story#/news/yoko-ono-to-japanese-disaster-victims-we-1005289612.story

I am just going to add these 2 postings with these other new articles to this thread.

Liverpool Echo.UK
July 21, 2011
Liverpool's Hope Street Hotel squeezes Yoko Ono in
FILE under ‘No-one puts Yoko in a corner’.

The never-less-than-fabulous Yoko Ono was in town for the opening of the equally impressive Museum of Liverpool this week.
And, as is her custom, she had her people phone ahead to the Hope Street Hotel to install her there for the duration.
What they hadn’t reckoned with, though, was the small matter of uni graduations – plus a few thousand other cultural luminaries descending on the city for the museum launch.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-entertainment/echo-entertainment/2011/07/21/liverpool-s-hope-street-hotel-squeezes-yoko-ono-in-100252-29092220/

The New York Times
July 20, 2011
A Book Party for the Dead

The big names on the invitation for a book party at the St. Regis New York hotel were all dead. Salvador Dalí, Alfred Hitchcock and Diana Vreeland had once lived or lived it up here on East 55th Street, we were told. Had they been among the guests on Wednesday at a party for the release of “It Happened Here” by Lesley M. M. Blume, a book chronicling the St. Regis’s creative history, they would no doubt have reveled again.The dancers may have been sequestered for dinner (they reappeared later at a dance party), but at least we had Yoko Ono. She’s been dancing since she could walk and did a jig for us to demonstrate. “I’m not a stranger in the dance field,” she said. “The kind of dance that I really do is butoh.” (Reluctant to further reveal our plebeian roots, we decided to go home and look up whatever that was.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/16/nyregion/a-book-party-for-the-dead-and-a-muppet-mayor-nocturnalist.html
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:36:10 AM by peregrine9 »
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Page created in 0.414 seconds with 38 queries.