Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Olympic Ticket To Ride: Survivng Beatles to Perform @ 2012 London Olympics?  (Read 908 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM

Olympic Ticket To Ride: Survivng Beatles to Perform @ 2012 London Olympics?

by Gordon Smart, The Sun Showbiz Editor

Monday, July 11, 2011

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3687944/Paul-McCartney-set-to-play-Olympics.html

IT will take something special to outshine the women's beach volleyball at the London Olympics.
Which is why organisers want to reform the remaining BEATLES to play at the opening ceremony.

PAUL McCARTNEY has been asked to perform and has given the strongest indication yet that he's up for the gig.

During a US TV show he nodded when questioned over whether he will appear at the London games.

After quickly realising he'd given away too much, Macca added: "I met the guy who knows the guy who's going to ask somebody about it soon.

"I hear there's a rumour that I might be involved."

Referring to The Beatles, he added: "I hear they're planning this sort of music."

The bass hero may be being vague about the details but he's now nailed on to play at either the closing or opening ceremony in Stratford.

Organisers have been desperate to have him in the stadium come summer 2012 and are also keen to get the only other surviving member of the Fab Four, RINGO STARR on board too.

An insider said: "Macca was just being coy about the details.

"He has been speaking to organisers and has said he'd love to be involved with the games in some way.

"The organisers want The Beatles legend to appear alongside other big British acts.

"And they want Ringo on stage as well to make it extra special.

"There's also the possibility that GEORGE HARRISON and JOHN LENNON could be represented by their kids.

"The Beatles are loved all over the world so it's a no-brainer that they should be represented at the Olympics."

And having a member of The Beatles saying "groovy, man" at the London Olympics is exactly what people the world over will expect from Britain...

Page created in 0.385 seconds with 36 queries.