Beatles forums > The Beatles

Who was the Beatles live sound engineer?

(1/17) > >>

REDD51:
Hi, new guy here.
I've done some searching to no avail (although I've not learned to squeeze everything out of the search engine yet) looking for any information on the chap or chaps that mixed the Beatles live shows.

It's actually the topic that brought me to the forum, although I see months of addiction here on one of my favorite topics :)

Was it Mal, Neil?.......or was it one of them just setting up the mixing console on the side of the stage and not doing any real mixing at all?

I've got "Recording the Beatles" and a few other Beatles tech books on the way to see if the information is contained within, but thought I'd drop a note here in the meantime.
I'm also hoping for details on the equipment used for their live shows.

To date, I've found very little information on the actual details of their live shows (other than where they were and what tunes they played).

I'm starting to wonder if the hired the gear locally in each town (in America, Britain, and Europe) and used whoever came with the gear to mix the show?
Cheers

REDD51:
Being new here, is there a better place to post this question?

Or is it information that's possibly not in the general database?

Thanks.

Penny Lane:
Hey, welcome to the board.  :)  

Sorry I can't help you out with this info, but maybe someone else knows.  I hope various books will be helpful to you too.

Bobber:
I don't think they ever had a live sound engineer.

fendertele:

--- Quote from: 63 ---I don't think they ever had a live sound engineer.
--- End quote ---

when they played the cavern and the likes of the small clubs they never miked up the drums and just played str8 from there amps ? leaving just vocals which where just easy to get levels without eqing or anything.

Bigger stadiums just str8 through the PA system quick check of levels but no Eqing or anything either ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version