Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Cynthia Lennon  (Read 16470 times)

Bobber

Re: Cynthia Lennon
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2005, 11:38:01 AM »

You're all welcome.

Julians foreword in the book:

Julian Lennon writes the poignant testimony of a neglected son

Growing up as John Lennon
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2005, 05:21:57 PM »

Thanks.

Another extract from Cynthia's book (this and Tony Bramwell's book promise to be good reads):
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2092-1774227_2,00.html

Bobber

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2005, 02:07:34 PM »

Cyn's book will be out on September 26th. I think she's doing a lot of interviews and signing-sessions in the UK to promote it.

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2005, 04:34:17 AM »

i got an email from lennon.net about this, i hope to buy and it read it one day >_>

Bobber

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2005, 02:53:30 PM »

Another excerpt.  

'Dad tells people to love each other, but he doesn't love me'
When John Lennon moved to America with Yoko Ono, Cynthia Lennon was frozen out and, she says, the effect on their son Julian was traumatic

Forty years ago, in a letter written on a Beatles tour of the United States, John told me of his love for our son Julian, who was then two.

Bobber

Bobber

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2005, 01:24:38 PM »

Just finished reading the book. She seems sincere. Yoko however is described as a snake. It's Cynthia's point of view of course. Did Yoko really remarry just a few months after John's death? And there's more trics from miss Ono. From Julian's eyewitness, John wasn't actually baking bread and looking after Sean in the late seventies. He was just sitting in his room and watched tv. Yoko looked after the business and spent most of her time apart from John. There seems to be strong rumours that their marriage wasn't really good. It wasn't until 1980 that John woke up a bit and started recording again.

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2005, 01:52:03 PM »

It seems that Ono damaged John's career in two ways; first, she pulled him away from The Beatles, secondly, she pulled him away from the recording studio in the mid-seventies. What a loss! Just so Yoko could control John and his life!
All You Need Is LOVE!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2005, 06:25:51 PM »

I' m . . . v e r y . . . s a d
  :(

P.S. Didn't know she was in Spain.

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2005, 12:46:39 AM »

She and Julian were collectively Humped and Dumped. I think she fell into alot of arms like so many scared, vulnerable people do. Talk about getting the rug being pulled from under your life. It seemed like she and Roberto Bassanini had a good thing. Julian even thanks him on the 'Valotte' credits for being his second Father.

Wayne L.

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2006, 09:12:50 PM »

I read John by Cynthia, which I got at the local library & thought it was great, taking you inside the relationship she had with Lennon.  He was a jerk the way he treated her & Julian sometimes & it's sad that some fans have been trying to turn him into an angel since his death.  I would recommend this book to any Beatles fan, but I never read her first one.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2007, 08:26:38 PM »

David Jensen Meets Cynthia Lennon

Listen to John Lennon's ex wife talk about life with the former Beatle, how fame changed their lives and why John remains such a much-loved figure.

"On whether being married to John caused a problem to the Beatles' image, getting to know John at art college and his early ambition to make it as a musician, John's cruel streak and how meeting Yoko Ono brought it out and the significance of the number nine.

"...During the marriage there was none of that cruelty, probably, mainly because (The Beatles) were away most of the time, you know, they were working, they were successful...that insecurity and that panic and that aggression always came out during our relationship before we got married. After we were married it was perfect.

"I mean, truly, it was a really, really good relationship....but when he went completely off the rails in terms of another relationship, which is Yoko, then I think the cruel streak came back again, because he was defending what he had done - he'd chosen Yoko; he'd abandoned his wife and child - he wasn't popular at that time - then the aggression came out again."

On her and John's wedding day, being married to John for 6 years, taking LSD and how John embraced the drug, on the truth behind the meaning of 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds', 'Hey Jude' and her relationship with son Julian Lennon.

"(On her wedding day) It was pouring down with rain, Paul (McCartney) and George (Harrison) arrived in black suits, John was in his black suit, Brian (Epstein) was in his pinstripe suit...and then (John) was whisked off to a concert that night and I moved into Brian's flat which he gave us very kindly for the time we needed it

"...Although it was a very, very serious time and although it had happened so quickly, you know, with me being pregnant, it was more of a joke - truly. The memory of that is great - I wouldn't have had a white wedding for anything. I'd much rather have memories of that."

On her stable marriage, why John couldn't be a good father, raising Julian, whether Yoko Ono broke up her marriage, realising it was the end of the marriage and life after the split.

"...I was totally cut off but thankfully I had a family who were very strong. I had a lot of friends outside the Beatles situation and they all supported me in many ways...I had one conversation with John in America when I took Julian there after 4 years to see him see him again. That was quite nice, that was very tranquil...we did have a very nice conversation which at least broke the ice so I did speak to him before he died."

On what made John Lennon special, his murder and her new husband.

"I think he was a genius - a genius in his creativity, a genius in his wit, a genius in so many different things but a flawed genius in many other ways so there's half of him is flawed and the other half is the exact opposite...he touched everybody's hearts..."

from here: http://www.capitalgold.com/article.asp?id=152205

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2007, 01:11:13 AM »

I also enjoyed the honesty of John. I highly recommend it for a mature view of the Lennons' family relationships.

Thanks for the article!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2007, 01:45:21 PM »

I read John by Cynthia 2 times!!
I found it very moving & did feel sorry for Julian at times.
Highly recommended book. good on Cyn!!

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2007, 12:48:16 PM »

It was really hard to reconcile those those excerpts with the feelings I had about John. I always knew he was flawed, as we all are, but the way he treated Julian and Cynthia was so wrong. I tend to believe Cynthia about all this, because in honesty it does seem believable. But wow, it's harder to admire someone after hearing that about them.
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2007, 01:08:59 PM »

Quote from: 63
Video interview with Cynthia here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/ifs_news/hi/nb_wm_fs.stm?checkedBandwidth=nb&nbram=1&checkedMedia=asx&news=1&nbwm=1&nol_storyid=4285152

Sometime soon after 15 or 16 min, Cynthia mentions something about "John's sisters" .... I didn't know he had any sisters ?????!
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Bobber

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2007, 01:20:09 PM »

Stepsisters. And some more. Interesting information and ditto links here: http://dmbeatles.com/forums/b-lennon/m-1096902059/

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2007, 01:28:03 PM »

I'm for anything that will deconstruct the Lennon Myth, though I don't think we'll know the complete truth until Yoko has left us.
Wait to see what comes crawling out of the woodwork then.
don't follow leaders

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2007, 04:03:58 PM »

Quote from: 568
But wow, it's harder to admire someone after hearing that about them.
I agree. People are not uniformly admirable; everyone has flaws and shortcomings. John surely gave his first family, certainly his oldest son, less attention and money than they deserved. (Compare his divorce settlement with Cynthia to Ringo's for Maureen--and Ringo was the poorest Beatle.) In cases like this I just try to apply extra compassion, for everyone involved. Life is full of challenges, and we don't always meet them with the grace or wisdom we would wish. Unfortunately, people under the public eye are just as prone to making mistakes as the rest of us. It doesn't take away what's good about them, but perhaps their example could help us choose more wisely in our own lives.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2007, 04:12:21 PM »

It does seem sometimes that eventually all heroes fall and all villians are repatriated.
And then we realize that all humans, when you scratch away the surface, are wriggling messes of insecurity and self doubt.
I think it's nice to know that the rest of the world (even your heroes) are just as screwed up as you (ie me ) are.
Makes it all much easier to bear (bare?)
don't follow leaders
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.436 seconds with 81 queries.