A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Yesterday at 11:24:43 PM 
Started by Ovi - Last post by Moogmodule
After some practise I can now read books on my phone, which has a 5.1" screen, I use an app called UB reader, it works very well.

Its great because if Im waiting anywhere, like Doctors etc I can read, I have about 400 books on my phone's SD card so need never be bored again haha

Yep. People knock tech sometimes but I love that part of it. iPhones and kindles and things have taken the pain out of waiting. I wonder if their existence reduces frustration and complaints for people stuck in line for things.

on: Yesterday at 11:11:34 PM 
Started by Ovi - Last post by nimrod
After some practise I can now read books on my phone, which has a 5.1" screen, I use an app called UB reader, it works very well.

Its great because if Im waiting anywhere, like Doctors etc I can read, I have about 400 books on my phone's SD card so need never be bored again haha

on: Yesterday at 11:07:15 PM 
Started by Joost - Last post by nimrod
Against my better judgement, I was persuaded to watch the new cinema release of "IT". In my opinion they missed the "SH" off the beginning of the film's title. What a load of garbage. That clown - supposed to be so frightening - reminded me of The Grinch in white makeup. The jumpy bits you could pre-empt a mile off and the scariest bit of the whole experience for me was the 2017 price of popcorn on the way in.

Haha, yeah there are so many lousy films made

My last cinema visit was to watch Dunkirk, which I thought was a fabulous film.

on: Yesterday at 10:18:21 PM 
Started by Joost - Last post by Mr Mustard
Against my better judgement, I was persuaded to watch the new cinema release of "IT". In my opinion they missed the "SH" off the beginning of the film's title. What a load of garbage. That clown - supposed to be so frightening - reminded me of The Grinch in white makeup. The jumpy bits you could pre-empt a mile off and the scariest bit of the whole experience for me was the 2017 price of popcorn on the way in.

on: Yesterday at 10:02:12 AM 
Started by Walrus - Last post by Bobber
A great answer: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/sep/19/ringo-starr-great-drummer-the-beatles-genius?CMP=fb_gu

on: Yesterday at 08:44:07 AM 
Started by NotTheWalrus - Last post by Bobber
Love Ringo and have thoroughly enjoyed his last several studio albums..... but this one, pleasant as it is, feels a bit "samey" to me. The title track is more than a little reminiscent of "Never Without You" and the whole feel of the album has that "Y Not"/"Ringo 2012"/"Choose Love" smack about it. A winning formula to my ears, but Ringo sounds like he's become rather stuck in a groove and this growing habit of padding out the tracklist with back catalogue re-treads is wearing pretty thin now. Some catchy rockers though, as always; and aren't we all delighted the little bugger is still enjoying himself and looking so good at 77?

I haven't listened to it yet. But persuaded by tkitna I have listened to Ringo's albums of the last years and I did enjoy them enough. So I will most probably pick this one up as well. And yes, delighted that Ringo is still around and making music that is worth listening to.

on: Yesterday at 03:12:36 AM 
Started by Joost - Last post by In My Life
George would have appreciated today's commemoration.

<a href="https://youtu.be/_ACyZIXkHq0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://youtu.be/_ACyZIXkHq0</a>

on: Yesterday at 02:50:21 AM 
Started by Sondra - Last post by Hello Goodbye
Don't believe him HG. We really are upside down here and it's HELL  2ch

Right, Moog.  It's very clear that the universe has a top and a bottom...

And I feel bad for you...

Doesn't the blood rush to your head?

on: Yesterday at 01:35:03 AM 
Started by Joost - Last post by Moogmodule
Quite timely, there matey, being Talk Like a Pirate a day and all.  icon_good

Aaarrrr. So it be.

on: Yesterday at 12:54:50 AM 
Started by Sondra - Last post by Moogmodule
actually thats not strictly true Baz

when you think about the universe there is no right way up, only our perception of it, there is no top or bottom of the universe.

Only our perception.

Don't believe him HG. We really are upside down here and it's HELL  2ch

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.677 seconds with 15 queries.