Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: John Lennons money  (Read 2933 times)

nimrod

John Lennons money
« on: September 28, 2012, 11:54:07 PM »

no, not the song..
Im reading Fred Seamans book, I cant help but notice the money that John & Yoko seems to lavish on just about everything, boats, cars, houses, staff, they were spending a fortune on living and Im wondering where all that cash came from, the author mentions theyre worth 150 million but since the Beatles I just dont see where John was earning big, yes he mad a few albums but he did no touring (where the big bucks are) and presumably theyd spent big since the break up.
We are always told how the Beatles were ripped of by EMI and they didnt tour after Candlestick Park so does anyone have an idea where John huge income kept coming from to maintain his (Yoko's) very expensive lifestyle ?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 02:36:36 AM by nimrod »

Yeshelloitsmehereagain

• Getting Better
Re: John Lennons money
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 12:19:07 AM »

I think it mentions them selling a prize winnng Cow for $50 million. Then the rest maybe the taxes they accrued from the people of Nutopia?

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 10:11:24 AM »

no, not the song..
Im reading Fred Seamans book, I cant help but notice the money that John & Yoko seems to lavish on just about everything, boats, cars, houses, staff, they were spending a fortune on living and Im wondering where all that cash came from, the author mentions theyre worth 150 million but since the Beatles I just dont see where John was earning big, yes he mad a few albums but he did no touring (where the big bucks are) and presumably theyd spent big since the break up.
We are always told how the Beatles were ripped of by EMI and they didnt tour after Candlestick Park so does anyone have an idea where John huge income kept coming from to maintain his very expensive lifestyle ?
150 million in $ is about 92 million in £ which doesn't seem too far fetched. The royalites from album sales,radio plays and songwriting covers would have kept on coming in at quite a considerable rate. The Red & Blue albums both flew off the shelfs around the world. I bet they got the best part of  $100,000 each or more just from the sales of the Carpenters covering Ticket to ride, Help and Carpenters and that was just a fraction of money coming in from people covering their songs. Plus interest from the banks.
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

nimrod

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 02:37:27 AM »

150 million in $ is about 92 million in £ which doesn't seem too far fetched. The royalites from album sales,radio plays and songwriting covers would have kept on coming in at quite a considerable rate. The Red & Blue albums both flew off the shelfs around the world. I bet they got the best part of  $100,000 each or more just from the sales of the Carpenters covering Ticket to ride, Help and Carpenters and that was just a fraction of money coming in from people covering their songs. Plus interest from the banks.

Im assuming though that half his income went in tax in the USA ?

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 41 queries.