Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Backwards Messages  (Read 12137 times)

Re: Backwards Messages
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2004, 03:23:22 AM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=songs,m=1094277891,s=39 date=1094526988]Right. I suppose. Their music so overanalyzed you can come up with just about anything. [/quote]

Sorry, I don't mean to depress you.  The *idea* of a planned Beatle conspiracy IS cool.  It just didn't happen.  They were as surprised as anyone over many of the stories attached to what was for them just songs.

It WAS a time where they seemed as if they might know more than the rest of us, they were so on the vanguard of everything.  There was NO ONE bigger than them in the 60's.  They WERE such a part of the times, musically as well as socialogically, that it is not at all surprising the urban legends and folklore and theories began...almost like a religion or something.  Only their very public and final dissolution stemmed the tide of new sects rising up.

I blther on far too much.  The backwards stuff is cool, a lot of it IS there, you can hear it.  Did they put it there on purpose?  According to them, no.  But it still gives me goosebumps when I head 'turn me on deadman'...it DOES say it, clearly, and how in the world anyone then, especially with that technology, could create that effect is impossible.  A creep coincidence.

Let me ask you this:  you seem a bit disappointed about my take on this (which is fine)...did you invest a lot of belief in these things?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2004, 03:31:40 AM »

No, it doesn't upset me or anything. I mean, when I said my knowledge on this stuff is limited I meant it! I've been a Bealte fan since I was 4, but I guess I never really got into all this other stuff. So it's more like I've heard the rumors and thought thought they had some validity. But It's interesting to talk to people who have more knowledge on this stuff just for clarification. I could never say I knew anything for certain because I haven't listened to the backwards stuff. But if so many people are hearing Turn me on dead man, how could that be there by sheer coincedence? I don't know. It's all very interesting though.

Mendips

• Getting Better
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2004, 03:53:55 AM »

About Beatles lyrics being analyzed, didn't John write 'I am the Walrus' because he'd heard that a teacher in his old school was taking apart Beatles lyrics with his students to see what they meant and John decided to write a bunch of nonsense to keep them guessing?
John: You're just a lonely old man from Liverpool.
Grandfather: But I'm clean!
John: Are ya?

Kiss My Bad Self

• A Beginning
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2004, 09:05:47 AM »

Alot of the beatles lyrics were just meaningless nonsence but naturally people wanted to explain the lyrics and they will put there own interpretations on them. Thats part of why the paul is dead rumour started and how the manson thing happened. But its also to do with Mansons twisted mind. Yeah i think i am the walrus was started cos of that, and then John an his friend remembered some old playground ryme they used to say at school that had something about yellow matter custard in it. Also lots of other people were analysing his lyrics and he thought it was a bit stupid so he wrote it to keep them guesing. But i reckon there's more to I am the walrus than it just being words thrown together.
You think your chocolate but your chewing gum.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2004, 11:56:11 AM »

The bit at the end of I'm So Tired is John doing a impersonation of a drunk

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2004, 07:17:37 PM »

Guys, try playing A Day In The Life backwards again.  This is what I've gotten ever since I saw that dreaded "Undeniable Proof that Paul McCartney was Replaced with a look-alike" site:

"Well Paul he died, he soon come back.  Well Paul he died, he soon come back."

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2004, 07:18:51 PM »

I really don't hear that. :)

Soft_Guitar60

• Getting Better
  • surrender to the void
    • Beatlemania
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2004, 02:28:42 PM »

[quote by=The_End link=Blah.pl?b=songs,m=1094277891,s=17 date=1094430763]I've uploaded it - now you can hear it forwards AND backwards... let the arguments commence!!! ;D

http://www.geocities.com/the_end_gb/dmforum/pepper.html[/quote]
Thanks! I agree with herecomesthesun:
"Will Paul come back as superman?"

"Will Paul be back as superman?"
It's the same thing!

I thought John said "How about another one, monsieur, monsieur, monsieur" at the end of 'I'm Only Sleeping'. We'll never know for sure...

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2004, 04:09:12 PM »

Don't ya mean I'm So Tired?

And it STILL sounds like "Well Paul he died, he soon come back."

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2004, 06:43:57 PM »

[quote by=Soft_Guitar60 link=Blah.pl?b=songs,m=1094277891,s=47 date=1094653722]
I thought John said "How about another one, monsieur, monsieur, monsieur" at the end of 'I'm Only Sleeping'. We'll never know for sure...
[/quote]

It's John playing drunk - linking in with getting up and fixing himself a drink (no, no no!). The whole song has a sort of drunken feel, don't ya think? :)

Mendips

• Getting Better
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2004, 06:48:02 PM »

The little Sgt Pepper thingy sounds (to me!) like Paul saying,
Never could see any other way.
heh heh
YIKES!  :P
John: You're just a lonely old man from Liverpool.
Grandfather: But I'm clean!
John: Are ya?

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2004, 06:52:09 PM »

[quote by=Mendips link=Blah.pl?b=songs,m=1094277891,s=50 date=1094669282]I'm only Sleeping?
[/quote]

I think soft_guitar60 meant I'm So Tired :)

Soft_Guitar60

• Getting Better
  • surrender to the void
    • Beatlemania
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2004, 10:47:58 AM »

Yeah, I mean "I'm SoTired". I confuse those songs...

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
  • once there was a way to get back home...
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2004, 10:49:58 PM »

the "we'll f-you like superman" thing is @ the end of a day in the life, with that weird voice. forwards it kinda sounds like "never could be any other one" but it's just a weird bunch of sounds really
Ashley*

one sweet dream, pick up the bags and get in the limousine. soon we'll be away from here. step on the gas and wipe that tear away. one sweet dream came true today...

[img]http://img122.exs.cx/img122/8264/jsj21oc.jpg[/img
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 70 queries.