Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

Eric Clapton

<< < (2/31) > >>

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:
I love Eric Clapton. I think his best work during all his career was with Cream. His early guitar playing with the Yardbirds was also important and Layla deserves attention. But I don't know why Clapton reached that "God" status while his replacement in the Yardbirds, Jeff Beck, is almost an obscure cult figure. While Clapton played generic blues with John Mayall & the Blues Breakers, Beck invented Heavy Rock guitar with the Yardbirds. I think Beck was the best and most innovative pre-Hendrix guitarist and his work on Having A Rave Up (1965) is more important than anything Clapton ever did.

BeatlesForever:

--- Quote from: Hombre_de_ningun_lugar on November 17, 2011, 04:42:12 PM ---I love Eric Clapton. I think his best work during all his career was with Cream. His early guitar playing with the Yardbirds was also important and Layla deserves attention. But I don't know why Clapton reached that "God" status while his replacement in the Yardbirds, Jeff Beck, is almost an obscure cult figure. While Clapton played generic blues with John Mayall & the Blues Breakers, Beck invented Heavy Rock guitar with the Yardbirds. I think Beck was the best and most innovative pre-Hendrix guitarist and his work on Having A Rave Up (1965) is more important than anything Clapton ever did.

--- End quote ---

What's happening Hombre_de_ningun_lugar! I like your points, you know your music too my friend! JEFF BECK invented the Heavy Rock guitar sound with THE YARDBIRDS, JIMMY PAGE finished it and would take it into THE NEW YARDBIRDS whose name would soon be changed to the mighty LED ZEPPELIN. Take care.

nimrod:
I think him and Hendrix will go down as the 2 major rock guitar players of all time.....he's not the fastest or most intricate by any means but he has got such a feel and fluidity and he has got a major presence on stage...
I love a lot of whet he's done but some Im not keen on, like his post Cream stuff with Delaney & Bonny and Derek & The D's, I think also some of his solo albums were non entities..

Amazingly, Ive never seen him play a bad note, he's played thousands of songs and just seems to hit it right every time, even the 24 night thing at the Albert Hall where he did Rock nights and Blues nights..

I absolutely love Cream and unlike Bobber one of the stand out things on the white album is his work on WMGGW, after I bought it (when it was released) for years I thought it was George because in a way it sounded like George, for me it makes what is a pretty ordinary dour song..

I love Ocean Blvd LP and his From The Cradle album from 91 is what everyone at the Blues Association Im a member off think of as the blueprint for how blues should be played, a monumental blues standards album that would be very very hard to beat ..

heres the virtuoso at his best in 2005.. (wish oh wish I could play slow stuff like this solo at the end)

Cream - Stormy Monday (2005) Live At Royal Albert Hall (HQ)

Hello Goodbye:
I dunno.  I studied blues guitar.  I like Eric Clapton...

Blues Before Sunrise

Blues Before Sunrise

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: nimrod on November 17, 2011, 11:32:18 PM ---I think him and Hendrix will go down as the 2 major rock guitar players of all time.....he's not the fastest or most intricate by any means but he has got such a feel and fluidity and he has got a major presence on stage...
I love a lot of whet he's done but some Im not keen on, like his post Cream stuff with Delaney & Bonny and Derek & The D's, I think also some of his solo albums were non entities..

Amazingly, Ive never seen him play a bad note, he's played thousands of songs and just seems to hit it right every time, even the 24 night thing at the Albert Hall where he did Rock nights and Blues nights..

I absolutely love Cream and unlike Bobber one of the stand out things on the white album is his work on WMGGW, after I bought it (when it was released) for years I thought it was George because in a way it sounded like George, for me it makes what is a pretty ordinary dour song..

I love Ocean Blvd LP and his From The Cradle album from 91 is what everyone at the Blues Association Im a member off think of as the blueprint for how blues should be played, a monumental blues standards album that would be very very hard to beat ..

heres the virtuoso at his best in 2005.. (wish oh wish I could play slow stuff like this solo at the end)

Cream - Stormy Monday (2005) Live At Royal Albert Hall (HQ)

--- End quote ---

I was searching for that video of Blues Before Sunrise when you were posting that, Kevin.  I was fortunate to be at The Cream Reunion Concert at Madison Square Garden on 25 October, 2005.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version