Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Paul Super Bowl  (Read 24371 times)

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
Re: Paul Super Bowl
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2005, 03:19:25 AM »

nope itll be the Who

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2005, 03:24:14 AM »

the who wouldn't do it. would they?

besides, what's the who without entwistle and mooney. you're never going to have another entwistle and he can't be replaced.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2005, 03:26:02 AM »

That was an extraordinary halftime.  I got more into the halftime than the actual game.  Great dancing, great movement, great playing, GREAT singing, great fireworks on LALD.

I read somewhere that he was rehearsing Drive My Car, Get Back, Live And Let Die, and Hey Jude, and then POOF -- he does it in that order.

He was great.

Go McCartney!  :D 8) ;D :P ;) :)

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2005, 03:27:27 AM »

Quote from: lennonlemon
the who wouldn't do it. would they?

besides, what's the who without entwistle and mooney. you're never going to have another entwistle and he can't be replaced.

The WHo would do anything for money.  I saw one of their songs on a winshield wiper ad.  Winshield Wipers!  

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2005, 03:37:12 AM »

Even though the Who are giant sell-outs, they would put on such a awesome show you wouldn't even think about all those cheesy commercials. They always kick everybody elses ass. The Super Bowl is probably the ONE thing they wouldn't do though. That would figure.

Windshield Wipers? What song???

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2005, 03:49:20 AM »

Quote from: Frightwolf
That was an extraordinary halftime.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2005, 03:55:25 AM »

Thought you weren't watching. You know, not impressed by the whole she-bang?

;)

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2005, 04:39:26 AM »

Had to watch, so that I'd have a first-hand opinion!

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2005, 04:41:01 AM »

Quote from: Hey_Jules
SUPER BOWL SET LIST SPOILER!!!!

Paul rehearsed "Drive My Car," "Get Back," "Live and Let Die" and "Hey Jude." McCartney still may surprise fans on Sunday with his final set list. The band is playing live. No lip-synching! No tape delay.

Paul will wear a red shirt, black jeans and a black jacket (which he will remove after "Get Back"). "Live and Let Die" will be loaded with fireworks and special effects.

Macca has been flying in and out of the Jacksonville airport to a house he rented on the ocean.

Dandee was right, the exact same thing happened. Paul took off his jacked right after Get Back!

---powered by Moondogs®---

« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2005, 04:52:55 AM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn

Great dancing??? No.
Great movement??? No
GREAT singing?? It was good for a guy who now struggles with many notes.
Great playing? Adequate.
Great fireworks? Cliche for that song.

And that horribly insincere "You sound so sweet to me" during the na-nan-na-nas.

But give him his dues. He lives with straights who tell him that he was king. And his performance was royal enough for those straights.

I don't like swinging at these pitches in the dirt because nobody wins, but I've got to ask, if you think Paul is a washed up milquetoast who is past his prime and nothing he does now or in the future will meet with your approval, why are you posting this garbage? Ignore it. Write him a letter and set him straight, you've got all the answers apparantly. I don't understand the vitriol.  He is brilliant, his voice was stronger today than I have heard it in a long time, he had to jam as much material into a tight time slot, the band was tight. It was a good performance.  Try to imagine your father up there doing what he is at 62, in the mean time, let it go. Since Paul is a known quantity at this stage of his career, you have two choices: Ignore it altogether, or if you decide to listen to or watch it--shut up. Its not Paul's problem, its yours.

« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2005, 05:31:11 AM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
Okay, there's about 290 million people living in the United States. That leaves about 710 million watching from other countries. Well, actually more as NOT every American watches the Super Bowl. Now if you're going to be picky and count coutries that don't even have television sets or that do not get the game broadcast then fine. Most of them are NOT American. I'd guess there's a pretty big viewership in the UK though. And most other English speaking countries. I don't get what you're trying to prove here anyway. Is it a point you're trying to make about Americans being ethnocentric?

Well, the point being made IS a valid one...AMericans DO seem to act as if they are the center of the world, especially on the Internet.

But the point is not particularly valid in this case, or any case where a large portion of the world IS watching the American ceremonies.

« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2005, 05:39:34 AM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
Paul gets attacked no matter WHAT he does. With some people he just can't do anything right. If he were to save 1,000 people from a sinking ship he'd be criticized for the 2 he missed and then called a glory hog if someone gave him the slightest bit of credit. That's his curse for having the nerve to survive all these years.

You are spot on here.  In other boards including the main newsgroups Paul is both reviled, criticized and nailed for every little thing.  John worship is quite prevalent, but very little directed towards Paul.

The man was a Beatle!  One of four.  Whatever he does now has little bearing on who he was.  And he still does some good stuff, it's not like he totally shat himself out in 1969.

Sure, like anyone he is open to being criticized, especially being in the public as much as he wants to be.  But he gets a lot of petty and useless heat thrown at him.

While John gets a free pass pretty much all the time.  That's why Paul worries about his legacy.

« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2005, 05:41:02 AM »

No, the criticism would come when he gave interminable interviews about it, organized a benefit concert and sang Let It Be and Hey Jude and Yesterday ... and Junior's Farm to show that he has still got it.

He'd also attract criticism when he would claim that of the 2000 rescued, he personally 100% rescued a thousand, and of the remaining thousand that were saved by others, he had a hand in all of them - some as high as 90% rescued by himself!

Pretty ridiculous and fictional examples there.

« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2005, 05:48:17 AM »

Great dancing??? No.
Great movement??? No
GREAT singing?? It was good for a guy who now struggles with many notes.
Great playing? Adequate.
Great fireworks? Cliche for that song.

And that horribly insincere "You sound so sweet to me" during the na-nan-na-nas.

But give him his dues. He lives with straights who tell him that he was king. And his performance was royal enough for those straights.

Well, you clearly wear your prejudice against Paul right out front.

However, I do agree the half-time show was just typical Paul, nothing special about it.  I'm a bit surprised at the volumes of accolades...it's the same stuff Paul has been doing fro years (especially the Hey Jude schtik).

He's not ready for the pasture yet, as you seem to think, but he wasn't exactly starting fires either.  It was Paulie, doing what Paulie does.  And he does Paulie better than anyone else.

Mushmouth

• Getting Better
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2005, 07:22:27 AM »

I was impressed with the show. I thought 'Get Back' kind of lacked feeling, but hey it still ruled.

Another reason why Macca owns
I'd like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves, and I hope we pass the audition.

Paulsluv

• A Thousand Pages
  • Hold me tight, Paul!
    • My livejournal
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2005, 01:12:43 PM »

I LOVED THE HALFTIME!!!!!!!!!!!! PAUL ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE STILL LOOKS GOOD FOR HIS AGE. THE FIREWORKS WERE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.--Lilo and Stitch.
Beatles to battle!--Paul, Yellow Submarine movie
Listen. Do you want to know a secret?
Have you hugged your Paul Today?
Drop me a letter in my mailbox. :D

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2005, 01:52:24 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm

but I've got to ask, if you think Paul is a washed up milquetoast who is past his prime and nothing he does now or in the future will meet with your approval, why are you posting this garbage? Ignore it. Write him a letter and set him straight, you've got all the answers apparantly. you have two choices: Ignore it altogether, or if you decide to listen to or watch it--shut up. Its not Paul's problem, its yours.

AGREED !

I dont think ive ever seen a positive post from Ydoll... he just seems to come on here and slate and talk BS !  ::)

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2005, 02:17:40 PM »

Why all the Paul bashing, when John did more than his share of drivel.  Beef Jerky, anyone?

« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2005, 03:47:50 PM »

Quote from: lennonlemon
Willie Nelson or Neil Young?

Never gonna happen. Remember, the halftime show needs viewers and, nowadays, there aren't too many teens into wille or neil.

i wouldn't mind aerosmith doing another performance...or maybe van halen?

I wouldn't mind seeing van halen either... ;D

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2005, 04:38:05 PM »

Yeah, But Ive seen him do Get Back at Glastonbury, and he doesn't sing it like before..which is a shame :(
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Page created in 0.378 seconds with 87 queries.