Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Good Ol' Freda  (Read 20631 times)

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
Re: Good Ol' Freda
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2013, 12:56:16 PM »

Just now watched. Freda is certainly very likable, and what a story to tell. A well made film. Of course, it can't be as revelatory as Anthology or Living In The Material World, but it doesn't aspire to be. Nice that her story got told.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2013, 08:51:38 PM »

I am actually still waiting to watch this, because for the last several weeks we've had no living room furniture. (I donated the old, ratty set, and it took awhile for the new couch and love seat to come in.) The new stuff is supposed to be here this Friday, and I am looking forward to watching the movie on a comfy sofa and without all the horrid deadline pressure I was under a couple of weeks ago.

KelMar

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2013, 05:19:00 PM »

I am actually still waiting to watch this, because for the last several weeks we've had no living room furniture. (I donated the old, ratty set, and it took awhile for the new couch and love seat to come in.) The new stuff is supposed to be here this Friday, and I am looking forward to watching the movie on a comfy sofa and without all the horrid deadline pressure I was under a couple of weeks ago.

New furniture! How exciting! I would have waited too.

Bobber

« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2013, 09:52:00 PM »

Managed to find an excellent download version. Something for the weekend to watch.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2013, 12:57:30 AM »

New furniture! How exciting! I would have waited too.

Yes, I can't wait! Then I can watch the movie in comfort. Plus, I was tired of sewing up the old couch cushions and trying to screw the legs back on the love seat.  ;D

suklpm

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2013, 07:01:25 PM »

How can I see this in the uk?

Bobber

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2013, 08:47:40 AM »

How can I see this in the uk?

Haven't got a clue. You can try and find a download. You can watch that wherever you like.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2013, 12:57:28 AM »

I'm so angry with myself -- I missed this! I waited too long, and last week I checked OnDemand, and it was GONE. Usually, movies stay in the queue longer than that; also, there's usually a tag that reads "Available until such-and-such a date," and I don't recall seeing that.

Grrrrrrrr.l...nobody to blame but myself.   >:(

KelMar

« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2013, 02:21:17 AM »

I'm so angry with myself -- I missed this! I waited too long, and last week I checked OnDemand, and it was GONE. Usually, movies stay in the queue longer than that; also, there's usually a tag that reads "Available until such-and-such a date," and I don't recall seeing that.

Grrrrrrrr.l...nobody to blame but myself.   >:(

It's on Netflix or try your library. If they don't have it they may be able to do an interlibrary loan.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2013, 02:30:14 AM »

It's on Netflix or try your library. If they don't have it they may be able to do an interlibrary loan.

Thanks, Kelley! I was just at the library today, but it never occurred to me to look for it. I'll go back. I'm tempted to try Netflix again, but now that they are an all-streaming service I'm worried that -- technophobe that I am -- I won't be able to figure it out.

KelMar

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2013, 02:44:39 AM »

Thanks, Kelley! I was just at the library today, but it never occurred to me to look for it. I'll go back. I'm tempted to try Netflix again, but now that they are an all-streaming service I'm worried that -- technophobe that I am -- I won't be able to figure it out.

They still do DVDs Kathy. Good Ol Frieda is only available that way.

nowhereman71

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2013, 09:12:58 PM »

Have just watched the film and have to say that Freda Kelly is another fine example of the great people who the fabs were lucky enough to have working for them.  She is lovely, with a strong personality who has clearly suffered much in her life and has a wisdom about life and fame and money.  I really warmed to her.  It was a nice touch that Apple have cleared it for original music to be used and Ringo's message at the end was lovely, albeit littered with "peace and love" thing.

KelMar

« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2013, 10:09:14 PM »

Have just watched the film and have to say that Freda Kelly is another fine example of the great people who the fabs were lucky enough to have working for them.  She is lovely, with a strong personality who has clearly suffered much in her life and has a wisdom about life and fame and money.  I really warmed to her.  It was a nice touch that Apple have cleared it for original music to be used and Ringo's message at the end was lovely, albeit littered with "peace and love" thing.

That sums it up well nowhereman! I love Freda and this film and there was only one thing that bothered me as I watched. When they were in the attic looking at her memorabilia I cringed because that stuff won't last being stored that way. I hope an archivist will see this and offer to help her preserve it properly. That's just the library archivist/genealogist in me talking! 

nowhereman71

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2013, 12:35:52 AM »

That sums it up well nowhereman! I love Freda and this film and there was only one thing that bothered me as I watched. When they were in the attic looking at her memorabilia I cringed because that stuff won't last being stored that way. I hope an archivist will see this and offer to help her preserve it properly. That's just the library archivist/genealogist in me talking!

I thought that too!  Funny, we buy these things and put it away now.  She should be offered help, I noticed the flexis which need looking after and there must be countless other things (paper goods) that should be preserved, if only for her grandson.  Apple should get in touch too and make sure that she doesn't have to continue working.  She's served the Beatles well, firstly when she worked for them and secondly by not telling all sorts of naughty stories - she clearly "knows" things  ;) .  I hope this happens anyway.

KelMar

« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2013, 12:42:26 AM »

She's served the Beatles well, firstly when she worked for them and secondly by not telling all sorts of naughty stories - she clearly "knows" things  ;)

That's probably what impressed me most about her, that she didn't tell tales. She could have made tons of money over the years but even when she finally agreed to talk she did it with so much grace.

nowhereman71

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2013, 03:29:58 AM »

It's the more unsavoury things about their story that I'm mildly concerned about reading in the Mark Lewisohn books.  You can forgive them for being young but I know that there's more than a few things that sort of destroy that nice image of the "lads".  That's what it was though, an image.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2013, 02:22:34 PM »

Netflix is releasing Good Ol' Frida on Dec.3
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2013, 05:28:03 PM »

Netflix is releasing Good Ol' Frida on Dec.3

Oops! I didn't read the fine print. Or click far enough. Maybe they will stream it.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2013, 05:44:16 PM »

Oops! I didn't read the fine print. Or click far enough. Maybe they will stream it.
I hope so!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.691 seconds with 72 queries.