Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: people from dingle are called???  (Read 2489 times)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
people from dingle are called???
« on: June 07, 2006, 03:07:00 AM »

dinglings?
dinglanders?
dingalings??
i don't know do you???

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: people from dingle are called???
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 05:39:20 AM »

Berries!

Kate

• A Thousand Pages
  • Don't take it from the top
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 06:00:44 AM »

Quote from: TheMasterOfGoingFaster
SCOUSE BASTERDS

poor Ringo  ;)

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 06:53:21 AM »

Dingo's.

Ringo the Dingo.

Cisco

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 07:18:08 PM »

8)I don't know what this is about, but is funny!

Bobber

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 07:57:30 AM »

Quote from: Cisco
   8)I don't know what this is about, but is funny!

Ringo was born in a part of Liverpool that's called Dingle.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 01:55:22 PM »

The Dingle is in Liverpool 8. That's where Billy Fury, Gerry Marsden, Billy Hatton etc all came from. In Park Lane, the main street going along the Dingle, Peter Kaye (there was no such person) had his studio and I commissioned him to take photos for me for Mersey Beat (Peter Kaye was a made-up name, Bill Connell ran it and Les Chadwick (not of the Pacemakers, but a school chum of mine) took the photos for me).As far as I know, the residents were only referred to as 'coming from the South end.' Dingle was one of the really run down areas, but then so was Tozteth, also in Liverpool 8. Our other part of Liverpool 8 was the creative one by the art college and Liverpool Institute - Hope Street (an appropriate name) which is the only street in the world with a cathedral at each end. Yes, you could say there are three faces of Liverpool 8. Residents of Toxteth were so fed up of their lot that they rioted and burnt down the Rialto Ballroom and Cinema where the Beatles had once played

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 04:15:36 PM »

Don't you think Ringo was right to say he wouldn't go back to live in Liverpool?
After all, the Dingle is still pretty run down and for him that's what Liverpool means.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 04:58:56 AM »

Quote from: 1062
Residents of Toxteth were so fed up of their lot that they rioted and burnt down the Rialto Ballroom and Cinema where the Beatles had once played
Oh, that's sad. Understandable, but still upsetting.

Quote from: 410
Don't you think Ringo was right to say he wouldn't go back to live in Liverpool?
Ringo can say whatever he wants. Since he's not a US citizen, he still retains his basic freedoms. *rim shot*

Was it wise for Ringo to say what he did? In retrospect, probably not. He sort of blasted the "nostalgic feel good" portion of his marketing program. On the other hand, he was honest about not wanting to move back there. I think he would have been wiser to play the PR game, but perhaps a cranky Ringo will be more successful than a goofy, happy Ringo. It's hard to say. I do want to know how it turns out!

All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 09:46:00 AM »

I don

BlueMeanie

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 10:13:15 AM »

I was born in West London, and have no desire to move back there. But that doesn't mean I hate it. As you grow up and become more solvent you have the opportunity to live in other places; sometimes nicer places. There's nothing wrong with that. None of my family live where we were brought up, and none of us want to go back, but we still refer to it with some fondness. I think sometimes some people are just jealous of others successes, and therefore resent the fact that they've moved on. All this 'you shouldn't forget your roots' crap is just that, crap!

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 59 queries.