Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New book PAUL MCCARTNEY. RECORDING SESSIONS (1969-2013) is out!  (Read 12075 times)

Bobber

Re: New book PAUL MCCARTNEY. RECORDING SESSIONS (1969-2013) is out!
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 08:44:27 AM »

Yes, a very enjoyable read. Luca, I wondered if you could be more precise on the dates and 'who played what', but I guess not.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

backseat

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 04:37:10 PM »

Yes, a very enjoyable read. Luca, I wondered if you could be more precise on the dates and 'who played what', but I guess not.

In the current reprint, 129 songs out of 383 (1/3 of the total) were given exact recording dates. The number has just increased with the latest info coming from the official VENUS AND MARS and SPEED OF SOUND dates, part of which were previously available on my book (a nice comparison could be done between my volume and Paul books). The exact recording dates songs from McCartney II were not registerred by Paul so it's impossible to know something more, and the same applies to the home recordings for McCartney.
I'm working on more exact dates...it's tough work and in progress :)
About the "who palyed what" section, it was a giant effort and I think roughly that 2/3 of the songs are given exact credits. Also in this case, official information are not always accurate and detailed. In the case of "Mull of Kintyre" and "Love Awake", the list of musicians offered in the book it's a premiere :)

Bobber

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 09:36:23 AM »

I know you have made great efforts, Luca! And well done of course. I just wondered how it could be possible that we know almost everything of the (older) Beatles recordings and who played what, and that these McCartney seems to be somewhat more obscure.
Keep up the good work!

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 09:57:44 AM »

Maybe we know more of The Beatles recordings-times,dates,locations,who-played-what etc due to the majority being recorded at Abbey Road 'officially',meaning engineers and the like had to officially note times,dates and the like.After the split,Paul goes off and starts recording at home by himself,and just doesn't bother writing these details down?Just a thought.
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

backseat

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2015, 02:36:29 PM »

Maybe we know more of The Beatles recordings-times,dates,locations,who-played-what etc due to the majority being recorded at Abbey Road 'officially',meaning engineers and the like had to officially note times,dates and the like.After the split,Paul goes off and starts recording at home by himself,and just doesn't bother writing these details down?Just a thought.

Sure, the fact that they recorded almost everything in one place helps a lot. I'm currently discovering more and more details about recording dates and musicians. Paul did not keep track of his private recordings in most cases. There's some dates I will have available soon (I hope) from various studios...Keep you updated :)
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.376 seconds with 44 queries.