Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Where Were You?  (Read 82457 times)

Gloi

• One And One Is Two
Re: Where Were You?
« Reply #180 on: May 05, 2009, 02:34:32 PM »

I was in bed and my radio alarmclock came on just before 7am and it was playing a Beatles song which I was happy about. Then the 7 o'clock news came on and I was just in shock. I had to go to work and I remember not being able to face anyone and hiding in the toilet for the most of the day. I remember seeing the interview with Paul on the TV in the evening and being really angry with the interviewer and shouting at the TV to leave him alone.
I was 22 at the time and had been a Beatles fan since I started being interested in music. It took me a long time to get over it, I was depressed and angry at the world for a long time afterwards and in a way nothing's ever been the same since.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2009, 07:50:42 PM »

Gloi, what a story! Thank you...(I got emotional... :'( )

Gloi

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #182 on: May 06, 2009, 05:39:11 PM »

:( My friend had a hard time of it too. His 21st birthday was a week later and his parents had put on a big party for him. He had to go to this big celebration with all his relatives and friends and pretend to be having a good time when he was still traumatised from John's death.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #183 on: May 07, 2009, 04:20:43 PM »

I guess I didn't know it the night of. Don't know what I was watching or doing. I was 15 years old. The next day I remember it was all of the talk at school. Someone had made and put up a banner so that everyone could see it. I wasn't into the Beatles as much. It was ironic, because someone had put up a banner, just months before that had a happy 40th birthday to John.

I felt sad, but wasn't touched like I would be now. Or as I was when George died.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Bighead

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2009, 11:17:33 PM »

I was in the third grade when John died.  I remember sitting in cla** on Tuesday the 9th of Dec., when the teasher asked the cla** if someone had heard some thing in the news.  The girl sitting next to me, Nancy, raised her hand and stood up.  "The guy from the Beatles got shot yesterday", she said.  I sat there and wondered who she was talking about.  4 yrs. later it hit me like a brick when I remembered that.

Nelson_Wilbury

• A Beginning
« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2009, 12:00:02 AM »

I'm only 4 years old in this time, but I got some memories, like flashes, nothing concret
With our love we can save the world

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2009, 07:47:43 AM »

Hard to belive next year will be the 30th anniversary of his death and the release of Double Fantasy. I hope there will be a tribute night of him like a John Lennon Night like they did in 2000 on the 20th anniversary of John's Death.

Eliza

• Getting Better
  • You've got a new horizon It's ephemeral style
« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2009, 02:59:13 AM »

Well I was born in 96 so I was not even around at the time of death... 'deep sigh' I was born in the wrong decade
Put yer tongue away it looks digusting hanging out all pinked and naked!-George Harrison

Love forever, love is free Let's turn forever you and me Windmill, windmill for the land Is everybody in?

georgeharrisonluver

• A Thousand Pages
  • Here Comes the Sun
    • My Beatle's Tumblr!
« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2009, 03:19:00 AM »

I wasn't born yet, but my dad was twenty at that time. I remember him telling me about hearing it on the radio while driving home from work and being really shocked. He was a huge John fan at the time.

lucy~(-_-*...

• Getting Better
  • חחח...Rabbi Saul
« Reply #189 on: October 26, 2009, 05:18:32 PM »

In another world ....... Hihihihih!

POMPON!

• One And One Is Two
  • i'd rather live in the past.
« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2009, 10:55:02 AM »

i probly havnt died from my former life yet and probly too old to even hear a thing lol i'm so random :P but well i'm sad now! R.I.P John Love :'(
     JOHN LENNONPAUL McCARTNEYGEORGE HARRISONRINGO STARR
only four.no more.only four.no more.only four.no more.only four.no more.only four

Aline_Lucena

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #191 on: November 16, 2009, 11:27:05 PM »

I wasn't even born in 1980 :-\ So when I was a child I already knew he had been killed. But just when I grew up and became a fan that I started searching details about this tragedy. I bought some magazines and read articles in the internet. The more I read, the more I felt sad. I think I'll never get used to it, it seems like he's still alive, somewhere.

Lyrically_N_Gaged

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #192 on: December 09, 2009, 11:13:36 PM »

Perhaps I was somewhere, grieving in one of my previous lives.

HarriGirl_44

« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2009, 01:16:05 AM »

I didn't born in 1980! My grandma told me when i was a child and was sad.

dipper1967

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #194 on: January 11, 2010, 01:12:08 PM »

didnt find out until i woke up for school. i was 13, it was my dads birthday. he's not a big John Lennon fan but he even said "why the fook would any one want to shoot John Lennon?" i wasnt really a big Beatles fan until then. that night i watched all the tributes on tv, bought all the newspapers next day, kept them all but they're a bit worn and torn with years.

i hope they do show alot of tribute programmes on tv on the 30th anniversary,i'm gettin well p*ssed off with all this elvis sh*t on tv at the moment. no offence to any elvis admirers out there.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #195 on: January 12, 2010, 03:19:08 AM »

Funny, I was watching the newest VH1 100 shocking moments, and Michael Jackson's death was number one. The idiot who introduced the clip goes, "it was so tragic, most of us remember exactly where we were when we heard it." Umm, wasn't it just a couple of months ago?? I mean, really now.

What made me laugh at that though is that I actually cannot remember where I was when I heard it and again, it was only a couple of months ago. YET, I still remember the exact moment I heard about Lennon being shot. Still can picture it like it was yesterday. Not just that day either, but most of that week.

AngeloMysterioso

• A Beginning
« Reply #196 on: January 14, 2010, 08:49:06 PM »

I was living in Quebec City, in the fall of 1980, and I remember precisely listening to the College Radio, the morning after John’s assassination. I did not know yet what had happened, but it felt strange that the guy on radio spoke at lenght about John Lennon and such… I remember saying to myself something likethis is weird… must’ve happened something.

Then, the news fell… and that very moment, I got a phone call from a close friend in Montreal; we were both longtime fans of John… we were simply speechless over the phone.

A friend of mine drove down to NYC (a 6-7 hour drive), that day, and took pictures of the crowd facing the Dakota building. A few months later, I went to the there, during a short stay on Manhattan, and asked the doorman of the apartment building to show me were John had been shot.
 :'(
Music's all right John, but you'll never make a living out of it.

PetSitterDeb

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #197 on: February 21, 2010, 12:38:18 AM »

:(   I was 15 and in High School.  1980 me and only 2 other people in our class loved the Beatles.  Everyone was into Zeppelin, the Doors, Pink Floyd. 

2 classmates stopped me in the hall in the morning and asked if I heard about John Lennon?  I said, "no" what are you talking about?  They told me "he was shot and died last night".  I did not believe them and walked away.  Then 2 jerks in my first class in the morning were mocking John and kept teasing me!!!

When I got home from school that day and the news was all about John I just dropped to the floor!!!!  My father raised on the Beatles when I turned 10 in 1975.  He gave me Beatles records, merchandise, and always talked about when they appeared on Ed Sullivan.

Him and I cried and cried all night.  The next day when I went back to school, my 2 classmates were shocked and could not speak!!!!

This is the day the music died for me!!

There will never be another group like the Beatles or a man like John.

PetSitterDebbie

Bubby Gnome

« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2010, 02:56:53 AM »

I was born in '96 so I hadn't been born yet but I have a hunch I would have been really upset 4ac :'(

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2010, 12:18:22 AM »

Here are the newspapers my uncle gave me for Christmas few years ago so precious to me I keep them save

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Page created in 0.293 seconds with 88 queries.