Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cage Fighting  (Read 5358 times)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
Cage Fighting
« on: April 17, 2008, 11:15:45 AM »

I was in the pub last night and a friend of mine asked me if i wanted to go see a cage fight , not knowing what he was on about i asked him what he ment by a cage fight .
Apparently it's an ilegal fight between two men , who basically kick hell out of each other , and is really popular in the North of England ,as anyone else heard of this sick sport ?

BlueMeanie

Re: Cage Fighting
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 11:20:16 AM »

Like bare knuckle fighting, cock fighting, dog fighting, you'd be amazed at what passes for fun in some places.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 11:36:33 AM »

I thought my local pub was a quite little place , but apparently pubs are now at the forefront of this growing underground sport and although i knew about dog fighting , human cage fighting was a new one on me , i think it just shows how sick society is getting .

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 11:50:38 AM »

Quote from: 971
I thought my local pub was a quite little place , but apparently pubs are now at the forefront of this growing underground sport and although i knew about dog fighting , human cage fighting was a new one on me , i think it just shows how sick society is getting .

I'm not surprised that it's the pubs that are behind it, I expect they're desperate for money. Apparently 4 pubs a day close down in England.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 11:57:42 AM »

Drinks are up again, the breweries muck the landlords around who then muck us around...no smoking....What is a pub for nowadays other than if your on the pull or you ain't got Sky tv?

Oh yeah, darts, bridge, pool...ummm...It's in a bad way is the pub game, which in turn is bad for performing musicians. :-/
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 12:33:17 PM »

Well after last night and what i heard about cage fighting , i think the humble pub might be doomed if this is how they are druming up business , some fights take place in pub cellors and other's are in secreat locations according to my m8 , the cage fight he went to was a blood bath .
Think i'm going to take up Dominoes and get a flat cap and Whippet .

Sgt. Pepper 45822

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 02:35:50 AM »

Those fights can be pretty tough to watch. I have to look away sometimes :-(
[face=Geneva][size=18]Looking through the bent backed tulips <br />to see how the other half lives.[/size][/face]<br /><br />[img]http://www.beatles.com/hub/gfx/articles/yeloSub/The%20Beatles%20in%20Yellow%20Submarine

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 10:47:03 AM »

i think it just shows how sick society is getting .

Oh, I think society has always had it's dark under side. Gladiators, dog fights, progressive dinners....
don't follow leaders

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 12:42:15 PM »

There's a lot of this on US cable, too, but of the staged yell-and-scream in a football arena variety. It's dire and silly. But the sad fact is you've always been able to make money by throwing two or more animals/birds/fish/humans into a ring and charging money to see them fight. One of the nastier human impulses, I suppose. :-/

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 08:02:08 PM »

i think it just shows how sick society is getting .

What about the Roman Empire then, where gladiator fight was the entertainment and burning people on a bonfire supplied streetlight? Where they crucified people including Jesus? What about the middle ages and the crusade? What about Stalin, Hitler, the holocaust of jews/indians/armenians? The civil war in Rwanda? Society has been sick for a while...  ??) ??) ??) ??)

About the cage fight - I've heard about it, and it must be tough as I imagine.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 02:14:28 PM »

Quote from: 356

What about the Roman Empire then, where gladiator fight was the entertainment and burning people on a bonfire supplied streetlight? Where they crucified people including Jesus? What about the middle ages and the crusade? What about Stalin, Hitler, the holocaust of jews/indians/armenians? The civil war in Rwanda? Society has been sick for a while...  ??) ??) ??) ??)

About the cage fight - I've heard about it, and it must be tough as I imagine.

Ave Caesar!  Morituri te salutamus!  

Credo nos in fluctu eodem esse.
I can stay till it's time to go

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 09:24:47 PM »

Quote from: 185

Oh, I think society has always had it's dark under side. Gladiators, dog fights, progressive dinners....

Is John Cleese in the room?

I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 04:54:15 PM »

I was in the pub last night and a friend of mine asked me if i wanted to go see a cage fight , not knowing what he was on about i asked him what he ment by a cage fight .
Apparently it's an ilegal fight between two men , who basically kick hell out of each other , and is really popular in the North of England ,as anyone else heard of this sick sport ?

I had a colleague who participated in (legal) cage fights a couple of times (and by participating I mean he was one of the fighters) and he said he enjoyed it. The legal version of cage fighting is basically just some kind of mixed martial arts challenge. They'll, for instance, let a boxer fight against someone who does karate or something like that. And even though it is pretty tough, there are rules and there is a referee. But since the cage fighting you're talking about is apparantly illegal it could of course be a whole different thing.

But I would certainly never consider going to see a cage fight... I don't even like to watch boxing...

MemorialAddress

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 12:15:54 AM »

At first when I saw this, I thought it said "Cape Fighting" and I was like "Hmmm what's that?!"
But now I see that it says CAGE :P

I think cage fighting is gross :(

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 12:24:22 AM »

"I will cut you with my cape!"

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 12:52:45 PM »

Quote from: 1031
At first when I saw this, I thought it said "Cape Fighting" and I was like "Hmmm what's that?!"

Batman vs. Superman?  :)

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 01:10:36 PM »

will this be on HBO or PPV?

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 82 queries.