Solo forums > Ringo Starr

Ringo's Early Cars

(1/3) > >>

KelMar:
I know the first picture is the Standard Vanguard that Ringo bought from Johnny Hutchinson in 1959. Is that also the car in the second picture?

Bobber:

--- Quote from: In My Life on September 28, 2014, 07:08:36 PM ---I know the first picture is the Standard Vanguard that Ringo bought from Johnny Hutchinson in 1959. Is that also the car in the second picture?

--- End quote ---

No, it's not. Look at the windows in the back that are different. I know nothing about cars though, but I do know Ringo had a Zephyr Zodiac in the early days.

Hello Goodbye:
Cor's right.  That's Ringo with his black and white Standard Vanguard Phase Ia sedan with its small oval rear window.  The other car is an estate/station wagon.

I think Ringo's second car was the Ford Zephyr Zodiac.  He hit a dog and damaged the front while driving home after dropping George off to pick up his Ford Anglia.  Here's the bill for the repairs...

Moogmodule:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on September 29, 2014, 01:12:06 AM ---Cor's right.  That's Ringo with his black and white Standard Vanguard Phase Ia sedan with its small oval rear window.  The other car is an estate/station wagon.

I think Ringo's second car was the Ford Zephyr Zodiac.  He hit a dog and damaged the front while driving home after dropping George off to pick up his Ford Anglia.  Here's the bill for the repairs...

--- End quote ---

Cripes. £67 was a fair whack back in those days.

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Moogmodule on September 29, 2014, 02:19:05 AM ---Cripes. £67 was a fair whack back in those days.

--- End quote ---

I'm sure it was, Moog.

The car being pushed is a Ford Squire estate car.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version