Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Lennon's solo live appearances  (Read 5726 times)

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
Lennon's solo live appearances
« on: October 16, 2014, 04:20:53 PM »

Can we compile a list of every live show, tour, live appearance et al by Lennon? Couldn't find one on the 'net, a link would be appreciated if this was done before.
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

Re: Lennon's solo live appearances
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 08:23:29 AM »

Funny that this is listed nowhere. I suspect it isn't very much. I would have to research that, something for the Xmas Holidays.

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 03:18:21 PM »

Funny that this is listed nowhere. I suspect it isn't very much.

Yeah, I was thinking the same when I made the thread.

Here's some I've collected so far:

Varsity Stadium, Toronto - 13 September 1969 - with Yoko Ono, Eric Clapton, Klaus Voormann, Alan White.
Lyceum Ballroom, London - 15 December 1969 - with Yoko Ono, Eric Clapton, Delaney & Bonnie Bramlett, Alan White, Jim Gordon, Billy Preston, Klaus Voormann, George Harrison, Bobby Keys, Jim Price, Keith Moon, Nicky Hopkins.
Fillmore East, New York - 6 June 1971 - with Yoko Ono, Klaus Voorman and Frank Zappa and the Mothers.
Madison Square Garden, New York - 30 August 1972 - afternoon show - with Yoko Ono, John Ward, Jim Keltner and the Elephant's Memory Band.
Madison Square Garden, New York - 30 August 1972 - evening show - with Yoko Ono, John Ward, Jim Keltner and the Elephant's Memory Band.
Las Vegas (?) - 6 September 1972 - "Jerry Lewis MDA Labor Day Telethon" - with Yoko Ono, John Ward, Jim Keltner and the Elephant's Memory Band.*
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York - 18 April 1975 - "A Salute to Sir Lew Grade" - backed by BOMF (his last live appearance).

* Wikipedia says Elephant's Memory Band played a total of 4 shows with John and Yoko, so I'm missing one.

http://www.allmusic.com/album/the-mike-douglas-show-with-john-lennon-yoko-ono-mw0001072473

^link says John and Yoko were present at 5 Mike Douglas shows in '72, but I dunno how many of them feature actual musical performances.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:20:22 PM by Ovi »
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 04:06:29 PM »

There were at least two performances of "Instant Karma!" on BBC's Top Of The Pops (February 1970) and I'm pretty sure John sang live amidst the studio audience on one or both versions. Maybe his band mimed though? Not sure whether this counts?

nimrod

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 11:36:32 PM »

What about the 'Whatever Gets you through The Night'  duet with Elton John?

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 12:36:47 AM »

madison square garden with elton john.....in 74 or 75 they did philadelpia freedom,i wanna hold ur hand and lucy in the sky with diamonds...his appearance was to pay the wager off he had made with elton about whatever gets u thru the night...but u know the story so i wont bore u...
he may have been on stage with david essex as he and bowie both are on rock on...

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 12:44:12 AM »

he did a show called one also in canada...think it was in montreal...in toronto gene vincent was there and vinnie vincent and the spiders were genes band...vinnie was actually alice cooper...

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 12:49:56 AM »

Give Peace A Chance at the Bed-In on 1 June 1969.
I can stay till it's time to go

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 12:56:20 AM »

was the dirty mac band on rock and roll circus in front of an audience?

Fab4Fan

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 01:43:22 AM »

madison square garden with elton john.....in 74 or 75 they did philadelpia freedom,i wanna hold ur hand and lucy in the sky with diamonds...his appearance was to pay the wager off he had made with elton about whatever gets u thru the night...but u know the story so i wont bore u...
he may have been on stage with david essex as he and bowie both are on rock on...

This MSG event occurred on Thanksgiving Day, November 28, 1974. Lennon joined Elton for three songs: Whatever Gets You Through The Night, Lucy In The Sky w/ Diamonds, and they closed it out w/ I Saw Her Standing There. For me it was an awesome moment - and I've only witnessed it via sound recordings - I would have given my right nut to have been there!

Hearing that ovation when Elton introduces John always send chills up my spine and puts a smile on my face - totally awesome!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoupFtYQj8s&amp;feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoupFtYQj8s&amp;feature=player_detailpage</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGkqm2MkyF8&amp;feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGkqm2MkyF8&amp;feature=player_detailpage</a>

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 09:58:46 AM »

it was i saw her standin there ur correct....my minds fuzzy...he ishowever of philidelphia freedom too...

KEROUAC

• A Beginning
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 11:47:09 AM »

You could also add The Dick Cavett Show. I think he played live on at least one and maybe two appearances? I think it was two because wasn't one was with Chuck Berry?

Bobber

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 12:25:05 PM »

There is a performance with Chuck Berry. Great to watch on YouTube. When Yoko is joining Chuck and John and, ehm, vocals, Chucks face betrays his thoughts!

Mike Douglas Show. Is it a live appearance? In a way, yes.

Chuck Berry & (John Lennon and Yoko Ono) - Memphis Tennessee

Page created in 0.517 seconds with 68 queries.