Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Anyone collect their vinyls?  (Read 59578 times)

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
Re: Anyone collect their vinyls?
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2011, 02:31:27 PM »

Ah no I don't mind at all ^^ probably better that way, haha :)
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

Bobber

« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2011, 08:58:56 AM »

What's that b-side mentioned on the single for A Hard Day's Night? Waitin' For You?

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2011, 12:20:40 PM »

What's that b-side mentioned on the single for A Hard Day's Night? Waitin' For You?

Must be a mis-print on the album sleeve. "Waiting For You" was a B-side by another Parlophone band, The Fourmost.
The correct b-side of Hard Days Night in Denmark was "Things We Said Today".

The original Hottest Hits album from Denmark is very rare as it was withdrawn soon after going on sale because the Beatles hadn't agreed to its release. There are, however, many modern reproductions of this album. The photo shows a repro because the original had a "flipback" sleeve, with the front cover folded over the back cover around the three closed edges. LIke this ....

It's a great album to own though, even if it isn't the original Danish release. I love the collection of singles and EP songs that they have used. And the cover photo of the band is fantastic!
Interesting to see that the reproduction has copied the same mis-print that was on the original release!

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2011, 12:35:10 PM »

Oh that' very cool, thanks for the info peterbell1! Didn't know all that :P
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

blackbird_

• A Beginning
  • I'm feelin' low, so get me high.
« Reply #184 on: January 28, 2011, 05:28:56 PM »

I got Red Rose Speedway for myself the other day, first record I've bought for myself, hoping to collect all the Beatles ones soon.

I'd love to turn you on.

real01

• Getting Better
« Reply #185 on: February 19, 2011, 11:07:26 PM »

Well, I bought the album "1" for 1.5 €, so I will listen to it - I'll skip
first ten songs and start enjoying Yesterday, We Can Work It Out and so on.

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
« Reply #186 on: February 20, 2011, 04:22:31 AM »

I got Red Rose Speedway for myself the other day, first record I've bought for myself, hoping to collect all the Beatles ones soon.

I bought Red Rose Speedway a couple of days ago as well!  ;D

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2011, 03:58:36 PM »

Just went to a vintage fair and bought five LPs for £10!  Pretty good huh?  I got 'Jazz' and 'Hot Space' by Queen, a Motown compilation, a Chuck Berry record, and Bill Haley's 'Rock Around The Clock', all originals too.   ;D

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #188 on: June 09, 2011, 04:32:46 AM »

Pretty good huh?

Very good!  You'll enjoy them.
I can stay till it's time to go

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #189 on: June 09, 2011, 03:45:24 PM »

Very good!  You'll enjoy them.

I'm sure I will!  I also went vinyl shopping again (oh dear, poor bank balance!) and got a couple of Queen originals for £5 each, and a Bing Crosby record for a whole £1!  I've fallen in love with Bing Crosby recently.  'Moonlight Becomes You' gives me shivers of the best kind.  I just love vinyl in general.  I mean this digital age where everything's in one little box is certainly convenient, but not exactly enjoyable...  not to me anyway.  I miss the days when I'd save up my money all week and then go down to the nearest music shop at the weekend and buy just one album, and every time, it would be magical - looking at the artwork, opening it up and scouring it until you knew every little detail, reading what the band had to say...  I miss that   :-[
Bloody hell, I sound like a real 'back-in-my-day' preacher...  I'm only 21!   ;D

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.

KelMar

« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2011, 02:04:18 AM »

Quote from: Jai Guru Deva
Bloody hell, I sound like a real 'back-in-my-day' preacher...  I'm only 21!

Nah...you just know what's good. I agree with you about Bing. I remember watching his TV specials with my parents when I was a kid. I think he passed away when I was about 12 or 13. 

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #191 on: June 14, 2011, 01:18:20 PM »

I wasn't even alive when Bing passed away, I wasn't born till '89.  My whole family, friends and uni tutors all constantly tell my I should have been born in the 30's or 40's, though.   :P

xxx

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #192 on: June 14, 2011, 04:41:58 PM »

I wasn't even alive when Bing passed away, I wasn't born till '89.  My whole family, friends and uni tutors all constantly tell my I should have been born in the 30's or 40's, though.   :P

xxx

Good for you on appreciating some really good music. There are a couple of "kids" out there that enjoy some good music, but many just don't get it.

I have got to the age when I am starting to be... "Back in my day", and I am only 45.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

KelMar

« Reply #193 on: June 14, 2011, 06:45:21 PM »

Quote from: Gary910
I have got to the age when I am starting to be... "Back in my day", and I am only 45.

I hear you on that Gary!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #194 on: June 14, 2011, 10:19:53 PM »

I hear you on that Gary!

Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

yerblues1234

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #195 on: June 29, 2011, 08:06:36 AM »

don't have vinyl just cd.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:06:57 AM by Bobber »

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #196 on: July 03, 2011, 05:54:51 PM »

From the Beatles, I only have Rubber Soul on vinyl, made in Australia. It sounds quite good. I also have several vinyls that my father bought, my favourite being Simon & Garfunkel's Greatest Hits, but sadly he didn't listen to the Beatles.
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #197 on: July 03, 2011, 11:44:37 PM »

Although I still own all of The Beatles UK LP/single/EP releases (and most American imports) on vinyl, and all the solo/post Beatles albums (plus a few singles) I no longer have the means to play them. In fact some have never been played, I bought them long after I had parted with my record deck (yes, I know....). They are currently filed away in protective dustsleeves at the back of a cupboard in chronological release order, much to my wife's bemusement. Once in a blue moon I fish out the Let It Be box just to leaf through the book, which is still in immaculate condition.

I was always useless with record players anyway. I never did understand how people played records "backwards" without breaking the machine. My turntable went in one direction at a choice of three speeds, 33 & 1/3, 45 or 78 rpm. I recall my mum having an old Connie Francis LP which was really heavy and the vinyl seemed way thicker than any of the other records.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #198 on: July 04, 2011, 12:06:48 AM »

I never did understand how people played records "backwards" without breaking the machine. My turntable went in one direction at a choice of three speeds, 33 & 1/3, 45 or 78 rpm.

I used to take off the belt on my belt-drive turntable and manually turn the record on the platter backward with my forefinger on the label portion of the record as close to 33 and 1/3 as I could.   ;D  Once you got it going, inertia would help keep the speed steady.

No harm done to the turntable, but who knows what was happening to the stylus and records.

Some of today's direct-drive turntables such as the Audio Technica AT-PL120 have built-in reverse capability and styli designed for forward and reverse play.

nimrod

« Reply #199 on: July 04, 2011, 11:06:43 PM »

Im about to sell about 250 rock albums, I never play them and were sick of moving them everytime we build, dont know whether to sell as a whole or one by one on ebay, trouble with that is posting them all  ha2ha
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Page created in 0.693 seconds with 82 queries.