Let It Be

Started by Tontini, Apr 24, 2005, 09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello Goodbye

I can stay till it's time to go

Bingo Bongo

Quote from: The End on Apr 27, 2005, 06:28 AM
This song is SO much better that The Long And Whining Bore, don't you think?

Funny you mention this. 

Every time I see a Beatles Tribute band, they always end with these 2 songs in the encore, and sure enough, this is when I make my exit!   icon_good
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

Normandie

I have a feeling this won't be news to most people here—it wasn't to me—but I found the specifics touching: Paul's description of the origins of Let It Be.

Explaining the origins of 'Let It Be' in Many Years From Now, McCartney said: "One night during this tense time I had a dream I saw my mum, who'd been dead ten years or so. And it was so great to see her because that's a wonderful thing about dreams: you actually are reunited with that person for a second; there they are and you appear to both be physically together again. It was so wonderful for me and she was very reassuring."

McCartney continued: "In the dream she said, 'It'll be all right.' I'm not sure if she used the words 'Let it be' but that was the gist of her advice, it was, 'Don't worry too much, it will turn out OK.' It was such a sweet dream I woke up thinking, Oh, it was really great to visit with her again. I felt very blessed to have that dream. So that got me writing the song 'Let It Be'." I literally started off 'Mother Mary', which was her name, 'When I find myself in times of trouble', which I certainly found myself in. The song was based on that dream."

Moogmodule

Paul had very productive dreams.

It is a touching story though.

Loco Mo

Seems mother Mary appeared at exactly the right time.  This also shows how deeply affected Paul was by the impending disbandment of the Beatles.  He was sad and really cared about them.  I think a lot of people have thought otherwise and saw Paul as cold-blooded and callous when he announced his "break with the Beatles."  Many still blame Paul for the break-up.

I'm surprised that Paul hadn't had a dream about his mother before that.  I've had numerous dreams in which my mom was present.  But I've never gotten a message from her like Paul did.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

nimrod

Quote from: Loco Mo on Jul 08, 2022, 09:34 AM
Seems mother Mary appeared at exactly the right time.  This also shows how deeply affected Paul was by the impending disbandment of the Beatles.  He was sad and really cared about them.  I think a lot of people have thought otherwise and saw Paul as cold-blooded and callous when he announced his "break with the Beatles."  Many still blame Paul for the break-up.

I think Paul made a mistake with that "interview" thing. John had quit at some meeting or other but John changed his mind like the wind.
Paul's statements when he released McCartney was pretty final. Even stating he could never see himself working with John.
Paul imo did put an end to The Beatles.

Just my opinion.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love