Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New Beatles Trivial Pursuit Game  (Read 2265 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
New Beatles Trivial Pursuit Game
« on: March 29, 2009, 06:34:08 PM »

New Beatles Trivial Pursuit game spotted at NY/NJ Beatles Fest

http://www.beatlesnews.com/blog/the-beatles/200903271056/new-beatles-trivial-pursuit-game-spotted-at-beatles-fest.html

[Posted by Dave Haber on Friday, March 27, 2009]
Fans at the Fest For Beatles Fans which is happening now through Sunday at the Crowne Plaza Meadowlands Hotel in Secaucus, New Jersey, are reporting seeing something new and exciting.

Reportedly, Beatles author Bruce Spizer has for display on his table in the Marketplace room a copy of the new "Trivial Pursuit: The Beatles Collector's Edition" that is not yet available in stores, but is coming out soon.

Stay tuned to Beatles News, we are expecting to have an official report on this from Mr. Spizer, himself, direct from the fest, and we hear he has news of possibly other new Beatles-related products as well!

--I learned Beatles Trivial Pursuit is scheduled for an August release.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: New Beatles Trivial Pursuit Game
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 10:35:32 PM »

OMG I would totally buy that!
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 11:40:12 PM »

How many players are required for Trivial Pursuit?  If it's a Beatles trivia game, then the only person I can really play with is my husband.  None of my other friends are really big Beatles fans.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 12:17:00 AM »

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=USTP043190

Is this the correct game?  They listed the release date as April 2009, which is next month, not August.

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 09:56:50 PM »

I AM GOING TO GET THIS!!!!!!

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 04:14:36 AM »

First Monopoly, then Rock Band, now Trivial Persuit!

A special Beatles-themed edition of the board game Trivial Pursuit is to go on sale in August 2009.
Buy from Amazon

It is being manufactured by USAopoly, which in 2008 launched the successful Beatles Monopoly Game. It is being released under licence from Hasbro and Signature Network and is authorised by Apple Corps.

Trivial Pursuit The Beatles will feature 2,592 questions across six categories: history, songs, albums and singles, movies, America and solo. They will be evenly split over three difficulty levels.

An especially-designed game board features photography of the group, and a unique die features The Beatles' logo and other icons. The game board will have four special zones:

* Come Together Zone: should a player lands on a wedge area, anyone also in this area can enter a showdown with the player. The first person to answer correctly wins the wedge.
    * Get Back Zone: a player can move another to any other space on the board to hinder their progress.
    * All You Need Is Love Zone: should a player land here, he or she can choose an easy-grade question no matter what the die gives them.
    * Ticket To Ride Zone: players can take a free wedge of their choosing.

USAopoly have also announced a new Beatles-themed jigsaw puzzle, due in June. The 500-piece, 19"x19" puzzle features the cover artwork from the Revolver album.

The company has previously produced jigsaw puzzles featuring the Anthology artwork and a White Album theme.

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 12:25:02 PM »

USAopoly, the folks that brought you the The Beatles Monopoly Game: Collector's Edition, will give another well-known game brand a Fab Four twist in 2009 with The Beatles Trivial Pursuit: Collector's Edition, set to hit stores in August.

The new game, under license from Hasbro and Signatures Network and officially authorized by Apple Corps., will feature over 2,500 questions and test players' Beatle knowledge in six categories of questions, including music, movies and the group's invasion of America.

The completed "Revolver" puzzle

In addition, The Beatles: Trivial Pursuit will feature "a bonus track" on the game board with four additional zones:

* Come Together Zone: If a player lands on a wedge space, anyone with their pawn in this zone can declare a face-off with that player. The first player to answer correctly wins the matching colored wedge.
    * Get Back Zone: A player can move someone else’s wedge to any other space on the game board to slow their progress.
    * All You Need Is Love Zone: If a player lands on a wedge space here, that player can answer an easy question no matter the die roll.
    * Ticket To Ride Zone: Players can take a scoring wedge of their choice for free.

The game features custom trivia card holders with photos of the Beatles, three levels of questions and a custom Beatles die to indicate the difficulty level of the questions.

The
Beatles: Trivial Pursuit follows last year's The Beatles Monopoly Game: Collector's Edition, which a spokesman said was the top seller last season of all the company's 179 games,  calling it "our absolute top-selling game." Sixty-five of those were Monopoly games. These included several Monopoly variations also introduced last year, including those which featured "The Wizard of Oz," Disney villains, the "Peanuts" comic strip, James Bond and "The Chronicles of Narnia."

A second new USAopoly Beatle product this year is Beatles "Revolver" puzzle, due in June. The "Revolver" puzzle follows last year's Beatles "White Album" 40th Anniversary puzzle.

The new 500-piece puzzle, under license from Signature Networks, features a 19" by 19" inch replica of the cover drawn by Klaus Voormann.

"Revolver" is the fifth Beatles puzzle produced by USAopoly, following the White Album puzzle and the company's three Beatles "Anthology" puzzles.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 03:59:08 PM »

(Thanks, I thought there was a topic already started...)

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

cubanheel

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 08:13:42 AM »

The White Album jigsaw puzzle sounds a bit too hard for me!!!! ;D
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

Bobber

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 08:18:36 AM »

Quote from: 1389

yeah, I wondered about that too!

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 08:45:45 AM »

Quote from: 1389

Agreed.  That one would drive me insane.

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 11:36:22 AM »

Quote from: 1620
How many players are required for Trivial Pursuit?  If it's a Beatles trivia game, then the only person I can really play with is my husband.  None of my other friends are really big Beatles fans.

I have the same problem - except not even my girlfriend would want to play it. I would end up alone just reading the questions for the fun of it... Still, it looks really good.  
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 70 queries.