Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ringo, Moonie and Bonham  (Read 10354 times)

stevie

• Getting Better
Re: Ringo, Moonie and Bonham
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 12:59:39 AM »

I love Ringo's drumming, obviously, and Bonzo was great too, but i feel the best drumming on any song is Moonie on 'Won't Get Fooled Again'.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2009, 01:01:20 AM »

Moon is mesmerizing. And I hate that his antics have taken away from the fact that he was incredibly skilled, innovative, and just damn good.

Check him out at 18. And think of the time period.

FHifVZM2SAs

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2009, 12:07:38 AM »

My favorite from Moonie would be 'The Real Me'.

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2009, 12:18:24 AM »

Anyone read 'Dear boy'? it's probably the best bio of Keith. The Beatles get quite a good mention, naturally. John was the only person on earth Moonie was in total awe and fear of!
There's a great story of the Beatles drinking in the whisky or one of the london clubs. Keith comes up and says...'Can I join you'?  Yeah sure, the boys say, have a seat.  Keith: 'No, can I JOIN you'?   a silence before Ringo says...'we've already got a drummer'! after the beatles took the young Keith to heart and they got on well. This book is one of the best rock bios written. Well worth a read for any fan of music. Cheers

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2009, 12:26:37 AM »

Quote from: 2080
Anyone read 'Dear boy'? it's probably the best bio of Keith. The Beatles get quite a good mention, naturally. John was the only person on earth Moonie was in total awe and fear of!
There's a great story of the Beatles drinking in the whisky or one of the london clubs. Keith comes up and says...'Can I join you'?  Yeah sure, the boys say, have a seat.  Keith: 'No, can I JOIN you'?   a silence before Ringo says...'we've already got a drummer'! after the beatles took the young Keith to heart and they got on well. This book is one of the best rock bios written. Well worth a read for any fan of music. Cheers

I have excerpts from Dear Boy. Jimmy and his brother Jack are mentioned quite a bit in the book. Looks like a great read so I'll have to pick it up.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2009, 07:57:40 AM »

Quote from: 2080

I've read it a couple of times. Love it. Hate reading the ending though. Wish he could have gotten through his addictions.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2009, 02:44:30 PM »

Keith Moon's drumming was great until his last days. Just listen to "Who Are You". Wonderful.
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2009, 04:07:29 PM »

Quote from: 682

I have excerpts from Dear Boy. Jimmy and his brother Jack are mentioned quite a bit in the book. Looks like a great read so I'll have to pick it up.

I got very much interested! Will try to find the book. But not sure it is available here.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2009, 11:23:41 PM »

The drums as lead instrument. I mean, come on.
Z0EArPvTAsg

Bobber

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2009, 08:02:38 AM »

Quote from: 1393
I got very much interested! Will try to find the book. But not sure it is available here.

The internet is everywhere. Even in Russia.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 64 queries.