Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: What you did and a little ranting on 9-11.  (Read 11709 times)

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
What you did and a little ranting on 9-11.
« on: September 13, 2004, 06:46:59 PM »

So its been three years since the twin towers were destroyed. (I understand for those not in the U.S. it might not make much of a difference in your life)

What p*sses me off to no end is that not only did we lose so many lives because of the towers collapsing but now we have to send people over to Iraq and more are losing lives still because of it.   I didn't lose anyone in the towers close to me but on 9-11 I hung out with 6 guys all going to Iraq on the 6th of October..... for two years.  Here I have been hanging out with friends for about 7 months, they have been there for me, visited me in the hospital, hell every single one of them sent me flowers.   And whats really sad is there is a good chance one might not even come back and Im extreamly close with one of them.   And what blows my mind is three are 18 two are 19 and one is 22.    It is just nutts thinking someone my age is going to possibly lose their life. But I guess war has always been like that.

Honestly I am being extreamly selfish. These boys signed up knowing what they were doing but wanting to  help their country and here I am complaining when they arn't.

Sorry, guess I had to rant just a little bit.   
Beatle Ssarah on the forum,
Everyday she posts some more on.
Sometimes triv and sometimes questions,
Chooses tracks and lists the best uns!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
Re: What you did and a little ranting on 9-11.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 11:39:10 PM »

You're friends are not in Iraq because of 9/11.  However i understand your frustration, I lost an older friend in Iraq myself.  War truly is a horrible thing.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 03:13:26 AM »

It would be easier to support the war if we were sure of the motives of us being over there. It's become unclear to many. Anyway, I think 911 affected the world. We're certainly not the only ones fighting over there.  You know, I never thought I'd see our county go to war in my lifetime. It shows just how safe we all felt. Boy were we wrong.

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 03:15:50 AM »

I may not be American but 9-11 did affect Canadians. Our soldiers were sent to Afghanistan. We had four of them killed in a friendly fire incident. One of those soldiers killed was the husband of one of my coworkers. I too think that 9-11 affected the world.

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 04:31:21 AM »

If it was my decision I would order our troops to go over there and take out every single government building, all the tv, radio towers etc and then tell them to elect a new leader and rebuild.

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 05:35:41 AM »

[quote by=Ssarah link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1095101219,s=4 date=1095136281]If it was my decision I would order our troops to go over there and take out every single government building, all the tv, radio towers etc and then tell them to elect a new leader and rebuild. [/quote]

LOL...you know, that just could work!

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 12:45:22 PM »

The American Way of thinking....nothing like it. :)
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 02:45:32 PM »

American Way of thinking?   Actually I have heard more people say things like....lets just Nuke um like we did Japan. etc.    But really...its not the peoples fault in Iraq its their government. 

strutter84

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 03:23:59 PM »

You're not being guilty for not wanting your friends sent to Iraq.  People in this country sign up for military service knowing they can be sent to war, but they do it under the promise that they won't be sent into combat unless it's absolutely necessary to protect OUR freedom.  And what are they doing to protect OUR freedom?  Absolutely nothing.  They're dying to secure the financial assets of the Bush family alone, and that's no reason for more than a thousand American soldiers to die. 

Vote Kerry 2004!!!

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004, 03:29:44 PM »

Bush isn't my favorite person but I think we do need to do something about Iraq's government. I think he is just doing it the wrong way perhaps your right---to secure the financial assets of the Bush family.    I think we could do it quicker and even if we do happen to kill some innocent people in Iraq...in the long run we will lose less then if we do what we are doing now.   

But I think if we warned them hey, we are going the bomb the hell out of your government buildings so stay in your house I dont think many innocent would die. I just can't see why they are being sent there for two years? Can anyone explain that to me? Does the Army really think this "War" will be going on that long?

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2004, 03:33:51 PM »

[quote by=Ssarah link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1095101219,s=0 date=1095101219]So its been three years since the twin towers were destroyed. (I understand for those not in the U.S. it might not make much of a difference in your life)  [/quote]

Wrong... I live in the Netherlands and after 9-11 I lost my job TWICE within a year. because 9-11 had a terrible effect on our economy as well.

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2004, 03:39:32 PM »

Yeah I understand it effected lots of people, I just didn't want anyone to feel obligated or feel like they had to care or act like they had to care. It's a touchy subject.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2004, 03:53:01 PM »

What really p*sses me off about the American attitude towards 9-11 and the war for oi... oops, I mean "war on terror" (which was to my opinion a direct result of 9-11), is that Americans only talk about the Americans that died on 9-11 and the Americans that died in Iraq, while they simply forget about the much higher number of INNOCENT citizens of Iraq and Afghanistan that got killed after 9-11... America just doesn't seem to care about that and that makes me sick.

I know not all Americans are like that though, and don't get me wrong, this is no personal attack on anyone here and I absolutely don't want to disrespect the victims of 9-11 and the war in Iraq...

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2004, 03:56:13 PM »

I think part of that is when we were attacked it was a cheap shot... we wern't really expecting it.    When we went into this "War" everyone knew innocent people were going to die.   But I agree that innocent people being killed no matter where they live is bad.  That's why I think we should bomb their government, TV, Radio stations etc and pull out and give them a chance to elect a better leader that wont get their innocent people killed and to rebuild.

Kiss My Bad Self

• A Beginning
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2004, 06:36:12 PM »

but surely there's a better way to help a contry than bomb it. if that happened they wouldnt go peacefully into a democratic election. it'd be marshall law an there would be chaos on the streets. chances are some other lunatic would get power. the war on terror's a good idea but terror is such an abstract concept. you can never get rid of it. some people would say israel is a terroist state. look wat happened in russia, america isnt getting involved in that. there's not really any al quada activity in iraq. most of them are based in the US.
You think your chocolate but your chewing gum.

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2004, 06:42:10 PM »

Well if that happened we'd have to just scare the hell out of them.  make them see that they better now bomb anyone else.   

We nuked Japan....they backed off...why? Because they were scared. We need to scare Iraq.   Survival of the fittest?

Kiss My Bad Self

• A Beginning
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2004, 08:05:34 PM »

maybe. but would you like to live in a world were everyone was scared of getting nuked?
You think your chocolate but your chewing gum.

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2004, 08:34:28 PM »

First and foremost let's not confuse 9-11 with the war in Iraq, they are completely diffrent. Little Bush went into office with an agenda and at the top of that agenda was Iraq, not al queerda. Memo's from the Clinton admin. talking about bin laden and the use of commercial airlines in terroism attacks on the USA Had been given to

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2004, 08:37:36 PM »

[quote by=Ssarah link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1095101219,s=15 date=1095187330]Well if that happened we'd have to just scare the hell out of them.

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2004, 08:49:23 PM »

[quote by=Kiss_My_Bad_Self link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1095101219,s=16 date=1095192334]maybe. but would you like to live in a world were everyone was scared of getting nuked?[/quote]

This is exactlty what the "W" admin. wants you to think. If your scared you will re-elect him, just as cheney said if bush was not re-elected we were due to be"hit" again by al queerda. Once again making you think bush is the only one that can scare off that middle eastern "boogie man osamabinforgotten". This was the same b.s. reagan used about Russia in the early to late 80s. When in fact Russia was just as scared of us. If reagan was not in office Russia would  bomb the hell out us, only at that time voters believed the hype. Hopefully we can see through that bunch of garbage this time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 83 queries.