Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Quarrymen on Oz tv  (Read 1866 times)

Bobber

Quarrymen on Oz tv
« on: October 26, 2005, 12:40:27 PM »

Anyone from Papua New Guinea seen this?

Quarrymen re-unite for a breakfast spot on Australian TV Oct 25 2005

AUSTRALIA'S most popular breakfast programme, Today, was last night broadcast live from Liverpool's Albert Dock as part of a week-long celebration of all things British.

Weatherman and roving reporter Steve Jacobs was joined at the Beatles Story museum by original members of John Lennon's first band, the Quarrymen.

To get into the spirit of the occasion, Steve was dressed in a replica Sgt Pepper costume, and also wore the original jacket used by Lennon for the "Imagine" video..

The time difference meant that the show was filmed 9pm to 12 midnight our time, to be seen in Australia at its regular time slot of 6am to 9am the next day.

Steve, whose first visit to Liverpool this was, said the Beatles were still just as popular in his native Australia as they were in the rest of the world.

"It was quite a coup for us to get the Quarrymen to play for Australian TV, while the museum setting gives it a great interest for our viewers back home," said Steve.

"Usually I travel around Australia to bring weather reports from different parts of the country, and I am doing the same thing while in Britain."

Viewers in Australia, who are just about to enjoy their summer, would have been able to see autumnal weather arriving with a vengeance as the camera crew filmed yesterday.

"I think it would be a relatively easy job being a weatherman in England - just forecast rain!" said Steve..

The Today show is anchored throughout its week-long British run by regular hosts Tracy Grimshaw and Karl Stefanovic from London, with Steve Jacobs travelling to different locations around the country.

As well as being broadcast across the whole of Australia, the programme can be seen in New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 31 queries.