Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mono or Stereo?  (Read 37535 times)

real01

• Getting Better
Re: Mono or Stereo?
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2016, 10:49:29 AM »

Well, some say mono albums, some say stereo, and some have both...  icon_cool

The only way to determine what you like better is to listen both versions of the album/songs.
You don't have to be an audio expert - just follow your taste.

Comparing the track 'Flying' - I'd say it sounds better in mono (it has more depth).
'Your Mother Should Know' - it sounds better in stereo because in mono, it is a bit 'artificial' sounding - and you don't have switching the vocals L/R like in stereo.

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2016, 07:29:41 PM »

Some of the earlier U.K. stuff in Stereo does suck on Headphones, but aren’t as bad on the Home Stereo.  If your listening the the early N.A. stereo on Headphones, it’s a little different, sometimes better, sometimes not.

Like I’ve mentioned before, if you like the true dexterized N.A. sound, you gotta get the 2004-06 Capitol CD Box sets Vol. 1 & 2. (In mono & Stereo).  The 2014 U.S. CD set does not give you that sound.

**** That’s why you should just have it all in Mono & Stereo, U.K. & N.A.  Problem solved......  icon_cool
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2016, 11:11:30 AM »

I never bought the mono set so I can't offer a good critique here.

I just about always listen on headphones because I've lived in apartments all my life so I can't risk disturbing my neighbors (because they're easily disturbed and disturbing).

I think I'm missing out because I don't even know what The Beatles sound like on speakers any more.  When I was a kid, I could play the music loud at home on speakers.  I miss that.

I was expecting a lot when I bought the stereo remasters but I was disappointed.  A lot of that separation didn't sound right to me.  It's like someone's doing it just because the technology enables it.  Maybe I need to re-listen to them and maybe I'll have a different opinion the next time around.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Fab4Fan

• Getting Better
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2016, 07:23:35 PM »

I was expecting a lot when I bought the stereo remasters but I was disappointed.  A lot of that separation didn't sound right to me.  It's like someone's doing it just because the technology enables it.  Maybe I need to re-listen to them and maybe I'll have a different opinion the next time around.

I agree with you regarding the stereo remasters. As some others have pointed out, some tracks still sound better in stereo but overall, I now much prefer the mono versions.

And, as Bingo has posted, the North American versions also sound good to me - both in mono and stereo. Most likely because those are the versions I grew up with. 
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2016, 02:05:09 PM »

Thanks, Fab.  I was disappointed particularly with "A Hard Day's Night."  The mono version definitely sounds better to me but I really thought the stereo would be even better.  So, yes, I was down, really down about it.  In fact, I asked the people around me:  "How can you laugh when you know I'm down?" 
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 50 queries.