Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Photos with nylon strung Spanish guitars  (Read 36946 times)

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
Re: Photos with nylon strung Spanish guitars
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2009, 10:39:16 PM »

It's pretty grainy, but
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2009, 11:33:22 PM »

Quote from: 1657
It's pretty grainy, but...

Thank you!! ;)

This photo is in Avenida Palace Hotel, Barcelona, 3 July 1965, with the guitar purchased the day before in Madrid...

Best!! ;)

Xose

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2009, 01:05:25 AM »

Xose, you're pretty good with dates and locations of pictures...do you know anything about the pictures without Spanish guitars?
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2009, 10:40:15 AM »

Quote from: 1657
Xose, you're pretty good with dates and locations of pictures...do you know anything about the pictures without Spanish guitars?

It does depend of which pictures are you referring at.

Best!! ;)

Xose

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2009, 06:48:36 AM »

Nice guitars.. Does someone here know what kind of guitars they used during live concerts?

Bobber

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2009, 10:27:13 AM »

Probably one of the And I Love Her session pics.

Bobber

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2009, 11:41:22 AM »

Reportedly from the Fool On The Hill session:

Most probably the first time that Yoko attended a Beatles studio session. September 25th, 1967

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2009, 12:53:02 PM »

Thanks once more Bob!! ;)

Yes. The 1st one is dated 26 or 27 February 1964. George is with his Ramirez, probably purchased end of July 1963 at Ivor Mairants music shop in London.

The 2nd ones are from the 'The Fool On THe Hill' rehearsals, and John is with his Spanish guitar purchased in Madrid 2 July 1965...

Best!! ;)

Xose

Bobber

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2009, 02:51:23 PM »

Quote from: 1785
- There are also at least two more songs when a nylon strung guitar is heard: 'Ill Be Back' (1-VI-64) and 'I've Just Seen a Face' (14-VI-65), and perhaps also in 'I Need You' (15-II-65). I think it's George's Ramirez. Have you ever come across with early takes from these songs??

It's, indeed, a NOT complete list. I would appreciate your comments and aditions to it...

Best!! ;)

Xose

There are early takes of I'll Be Back, but it's funny to hear that there's no Ramirez used in those early takes. There are snippets of later takes in which you can actually hear it. I've uploaded one of those snippets on 4share. Follow the link in my signature to d/load.  :)

Casbah

• A Beginning
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2009, 04:46:42 AM »

I believe "Yes It Is" as well.  Listening to the early takes and the final version, it certainly sounds like a nylon stringed guitar.
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2009, 09:10:29 AM »

Quote from: 63

There are early takes of I'll Be Back, but it's funny to hear that there's no Ramirez used in those early takes. There are snippets of later takes in which you can actually hear it. I've uploaded one of those snippets on 4share. Follow the link in my signature to d/load.  :)

Thank you Bobber!! ;)

Edit: I have found them

Very good!! ;)

Best!! ;)

Xose

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2009, 09:11:32 AM »

Quote from: 1687
I believe "Yes It Is" as well.  Listening to the early takes and the final version, it certainly sounds like a nylon stringed guitar.

Thank you!! ;)

And do you know how could I find those takes with a nylon stringed guitar??

Thanks in advance!! ;)

Xose

Bobber

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2009, 09:13:47 AM »

Thank you Bobber!! ;)

I'm not sure of what should I do to d/load them... Follow the link in your signature?? This puzzles me (=undoubtedly due to my horrible knowledge of English language...)

Best!! ;)

Xose

Yes, follow the link in my signature. You will see several files you can download. There's two version of I'll Be Back there. I will upload early takes of Yes It Is tomorrow there. I couldn't find any early takes of I've Just Seen A Face or I Need You.

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2009, 09:17:55 AM »

Yes, follow the link in my signature. You will see several files you can download. There's two version of I'll Be Back there. I will upload early takes of Yes It Is tomorrow there. I couldn't find any early takes of I've Just Seen A Face or I Need You.

Yes. I have found them. I edited my message but you are quicker than me... ;)

Thanks for the 'Yes It Is' early takes. The nylon stringed guitar heard there has to be John's one, i.e., the one purchased in Madrid 2 July 1965...

BTW: I have got 2 more photos from the 'And I LOve Her' sessions with George playing the Ramirez (=same sessions as the photo you u/loaded at the beginning of this thread). Do you know -by any chance- if there are more??

Best!! ;)

Xose

Bobber

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2009, 09:26:31 AM »

Thanks for the 'Yes It Is' early takes. The nylon stringed guitar heard there has to be John's one, i.e., the one purchased in Madrid 2 July 1965...

BTW: I have got 2 more photos from the 'And I LOve Her' sessions with George playing the Ramirez (=same sessions as the photo you u/loaded at the beginning of this thread). Do you know -by any chance- if there are more??

Best!! ;)

Xose

Yes It Is was recorded in February 1965...
I'll have a look around for those pics.

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2009, 12:38:08 PM »

Yes It Is was recorded in February 1965...
I'll have a look around for those pics.

Yes, you are right. That Spanish guitar has to be George's Ramirez then...

It's interesting to see that George used his Ramirez in February-March 1964, for AHDN sessiosn, and again in February-June 1965, for Help-Yes It Is sessions. But it seems he didn't use it for Beatles For Sale sessions at the end of 1964...

Thanks once more for trying to find those pics!! :)

Xose

Bobber

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2009, 11:08:55 PM »

I have not found a reference to a spanish guitar on Yes It Is, but I did found one on You've Got To Hide Your Love Away and I Need You. I also found one other picture of the And I Love Her sessions with George playing his Ramirez. There are more pictures from this session, but there's no guitar on these pics. And I also found some other pics of the Russian guitars, but you probably got those.

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2009, 09:44:52 AM »

I have not found a reference to a spanish guitar on Yes It Is, but I did found one on You've Got To Hide Your Love Away and I Need You. I also found one other picture of the And I Love Her sessions with George playing his Ramirez. There are more pictures from this session, but there's no guitar on these pics. And I also found some other pics of the Russian guitars, but you probably got those.

Good!! ;)

I supposse the one in 'You've Got To Hide Your Love Away' is the false start in a youtube link we dealt with some time ago..., isn't it?? Regarding 'I Need You' I found a reference at Walter Everett vol. I,Is it the same you are referring to??

As regards to 'And I Love Her' sessions..., are those pics the ones I placed a link to some time ago?? If not, I would love to have a look at it...

Best!! ;)

Xose

Bobber

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2009, 10:08:55 AM »

These pictures come from With The Beatles, pictures by Dezo Hoffmann.

No, the reference for I Need You was found in Brian Kehew's Recording The Beatles. I'll let you know about that later.

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2009, 11:13:54 AM »

These pictures come from With The Beatles, pictures by Dezo Hoffmann.

No, the reference for I Need You was found in Brian Kehew's Recording The Beatles. I'll let you know about that later.

Thanks Bobber!! ;)

That's one I didn't get before...

Do you know if there are more?? This one is the 4th. I have got from those sessions...

I always wondered why is Paul playing the piano at that session, judging that they are rehearsing 'And I Love Her'...

Best!! ;-)

Xose
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Page created in 0.46 seconds with 76 queries.