Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Trips  (Read 6669 times)

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
Re: Trips
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2005, 02:57:27 AM »

The bad thing about illegal drugs is you don't know what you're getting.  Have you ever been in the kitchen of a restaurant and realized, oh crap, they actually make food in here!  

With drugs it's about a hundred times worse.  You don't know where this stuff was made, what toxic chemicals have been around.  

If you really find yourself needing to do drugs, see a shrink.  Get prescription drugs.  You just find that your "innocent" need to do drugs is in fact a chemical imbalance in your brain that can be treated.  

Otherwise you're just self-medicating, sometimes with drugs that can have serious longterm effects.  Even smoking pot can cause lung cancer.  

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2005, 03:02:02 AM »

I use to work in a kitchen, horrible conditions.

I think the worst thing of all is that tobacco and alcohol is legal.

Because

• A Beginning
  • asian girls are hot
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2005, 03:45:37 AM »

Quote from: lennonlemon
I've never tried drugs, but sometimes I just want to try it to see what it's all about.

Nowadays, it seems everbody has done a type of drug or another.

don't bother. ur really not missing anything, trust me ;)

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2005, 03:50:45 AM »

Anyone who says their not doing drugs for personal reasons or personal fulfillment are lying to theirselves and the people around them...

Drugs are not toys... They're heavy duty medicines... Enough to take our simple linear brains and twist and contort them into something else... Think of what chemicals and other terrible things are needed to do such a thing... And think of the effects that has on your brain... Hence, the loss of brain cells...

One reason why cigarettes are legal is because they don't alter your mind like drugs do... They can't really cause any serious problems on a general level...

The real reason why cigarettes and alcohol are still legal is because there is such a huge market for them...

Anyway, drugs seriously ruin lives... I know someone who was brilliant and gifted, and could've taken their life in any direction they wanted... growing up in the 60's and 70's, however, it became difficult for them to keep away from drugs... probably doing everything in the book, including alcohol, he now lives off of going to NA (narcotics anonymous, i would really suggest this over AA (alcoholics anonymous) for recover addicts, because it's more of a brotherhood than just a program) meetings once a week and 100's of different prescription pills and he ended up working for a company he never looked forward to and never wanted... Basically threw his life away...

And he's just like any other person here...

Drugs are cool once, but only once... Like others before me said, they can kill, and they definately ruin lives daily...

If you need to do something to fill a void or find fun, pick up a hobby or go out with straight friends... It isn't hard.

Because

• A Beginning
  • asian girls are hot
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2005, 03:58:42 AM »

well put

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2005, 04:02:45 AM »

its not their USE that is the real issue but their ABUSE.

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2005, 04:07:39 AM »

Quote from: Mrs_JWL
Why?

First step is admitting the problem: I am addicted to the Beatles, they make me happy and I love them to death. They are the best things that happened to me. But here is the big problem: I get down when people talk crap about them (worse than when someone talks crap about me), I am always depressed because I do not have John Lennon, and I am lonely without him. I do not want anybody else... *sighs*

Tiff Lennon

You do not know how amazing that post is at the moment right now, it's cool it really is, right on sister! Yeah!

Find me in my field of grass...

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2005, 06:20:36 AM »

Quote from: Mairi
But you guys are right though... I should think before I open my big mouth (or type something on the keyboard, as the case may be).
I pretty much have an addictive personality myself, very obsessive- sometimes in a scary way, which is one of the reasons I don't touch drugs.

Mairi, in NO way was my post directed to you. It was more a reaction to the Sock's extreme view points than anything else. Everyone knows drugs are a dangerous thing to get into, but I think experimentation is normal. Marijuana to me is different than other drugs but that's a whole other issue. I think the people who get in too deep with drugs are the people who already have issues. There are always going to be these kinds of people. Addicts I mean. And like I said, they can become addicted to almost anything. My dad was addicted to cigarettes and he could NOT quit even after the doctor told him he was going to die. Just couldn't do it. Yet my uncle who smoked for YEARS quit the second the doctor told him he was in trouble. People with addictive personalities SHOULD stay away from hard drugs. But then most people probably don't know they're that way.

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2005, 10:34:07 AM »

Yeah, I agree.
I always find dope is often titled with a'hard-image'..but in my country its now C class..I mean, its not gonna take ages for it to be legalised.
In my opinion, Drink is worse, but it gets away with it, because of tradition.
Liver Failure, Lung Failure....you choose. :)
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2005, 05:16:58 PM »

Quote from: IndicaWalrus
Yeah, I agree.
I always find dope is often titled with a'hard-image'..but in my country its now C class..I mean, its not gonna take ages for it to be legalised.
In my opinion, Drink is worse, but it gets away with it, because of tradition.
Liver Failure, Lung Failure....you choose. :)

That's why Prohibiton here in the states failed. Too many people already were addicted to alcohol and reliant on it. That's when bootlegging kicked in and arresting all these bootleggers and alcoholics were destroying the economy.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

Mrs JWL

• A Beginning
  • I love the Beatles so much. They are my life!!!!!!
    • Fab Mania
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2005, 01:49:20 AM »

no one has ever peer pressured me into doing drugs. i have been talked into trying cigarettes, but that's it. i tried them, and i hate them. they make me feel gross. i tried weed on my own will, i asked coz i was interested. i liked it. have i done it because i was depressed or upset? yes. the same with alcohol. and i am not saying it was a smart thing to do or the best thing to deal with my problems. normally i take my problems out the way they should be dealt with but sometimes, it's beyond your control. and that is the truth. do i still smoke pot every now and then, or drink alkie here and there? yes. i am not going to lie. and not coz i get depressed--not recently, no. and i am not ashamed to admit. if you don't like it, there isn't a thing i can do, nor there isn't a thing i am willing to do. ah well. i will not lose any sleep over it. it's my choice. i guess i have a brain imbalance. i've been to the doctor, because i felt i needed meds for it, and i did it by myself. i know how to help myself and know when to get help when i know it's needed. i am no idiot.

cigarettes are legal because you can get tax off of them. it's all about the money. the companies don't give a rat's ass about your health. that's how sad this world is. and not only that, they make sure they stick addicted substances in it so that they will continue to make more and more money.

and i refuse to put myself in a risky situation or a situation i do not feel comfortable with. i can make my own dicisions and i do not do anything i feel is wrong. i will never even try a hard drug like crack, cocain, heroin, or anything of that sort.

if you're going to do any drug, stick with weed. it's even better for you than cigarettes.

peace and love
tiff lennon

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2005, 03:12:49 AM »

Quote from: Mrs_JWL
no one has ever peer pressured me into doing drugs. i have been talked into trying cigarettes, but that's it. i tried them, and i hate them. they make me feel gross. i tried weed on my own will, i asked coz i was interested. i liked it. have i done it because i was depressed or upset? yes. the same with alcohol. and i am not saying it was a smart thing to do or the best thing to deal with my problems. normally i take my problems out the way they should be dealt with but sometimes, it's beyond your control. and that is the truth. do i still smoke pot every now and then, or drink alkie here and there? yes. i am not going to lie. and not coz i get depressed--not recently, no. and i am not ashamed to admit. if you don't like it, there isn't a thing i can do, nor there isn't a thing i am willing to do. ah well. i will not lose any sleep over it. it's my choice. i guess i have a brain imbalance. i've been to the doctor, because i felt i needed meds for it, and i did it by myself. i know how to help myself and know when to get help when i know it's needed. i am no idiot.

cigarettes are legal because you can get tax off of them. it's all about the money. the companies don't give a rat's ass about your health. that's how sad this world is. and not only that, they make sure they stick addicted substances in it so that they will continue to make more and more money.

and i refuse to put myself in a risky situation or a situation i do not feel comfortable with. i can make my own dicisions and i do not do anything i feel is wrong. i will never even try a hard drug like crack, cocain, heroin, or anything of that sort.

if you're going to do any drug, stick with weed. it's even better for you than cigarettes.

peace and love
tiff lennon

well spoken, tiff.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

Mrs JWL

• A Beginning
  • I love the Beatles so much. They are my life!!!!!!
    • Fab Mania
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2005, 04:24:54 PM »

Thank you. :)

Tiff Lennon
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.404 seconds with 67 queries.