Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The End  (Read 4419 times)

BLEEN

• One And One Is Two
The End
« on: September 25, 2014, 01:28:49 AM »

Hey All,

I don't know if this has been discussed before, I tried searching the forum and came up with nothing.

I was listening to The End vocal track on Youtube and heard something interesting. The 'Love You' part after the drum solo, sounds as if it has other phrases in it, including 'leave you', 'lead you', 'believe you'. Also it sounds like some sped up vocals are in there. Anyone ever noticed this?

I can't paste the link, but if you type in Abbey Road Medley Only Vocals it'll be the first to come up.
The Greatest Band Of All Time

Bobber

Re: The End
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 07:35:34 AM »

These are the anomalies on 'What Goes On' that were mentioned for The End.

The End

0:29,0:31
    Someone whispers counts of "6" and "7" counting the measures of the drum solo. (0:19 "Night" being the start of bar one.)

1:29
    Compared to the guitars, the piano and end piece is about a fifth of a note sharper.

1:44
    No bass guitar after the "and in the end" part. Very probably intended, but often reported as a mixing error.

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 07:37:10 AM »

Hey All,

I don't know if this has been discussed before, I tried searching the forum and came up with nothing.

I was listening to The End vocal track on Youtube and heard something interesting. The 'Love You' part after the drum solo, sounds as if it has other phrases in it, including 'leave you', 'lead you', 'believe you'. Also it sounds like some sped up vocals are in there. Anyone ever noticed this?

I can't paste the link, but if you type in Abbey Road Medley Only Vocals it'll be the first to come up.

This is the link:
The Beatles - Abbey Road (Medley) [Only Vocals]

BLEEN

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 11:15:51 AM »

Thanks Bobber, appreciate you posting that!

The other phrases start to sound clearer around the 14:44 mark - I definitely hear 'leave you' at least, which turns into 'believe you' right towards the end - or maybe I'm just going mad  :P

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 12:19:44 PM »

I don't hear it. What I do hear is that it sounds as if a woman is singing along in the harmony. Or can Paul really sing that high?

BLEEN

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 01:34:25 PM »

Bobber yeah I agree it does sound like a female vocal in there, possibly along with some sped up stuff? Funny, my wife listened to it last night and she turned at 14:44 and said "There it is" lol. She loves The Beatles too.

Quick story about my wife: When we first started talking about bands we enjoyed, I mentioned them and she kind of curled her lip and went "yeah, they're ok I guess". When she found out all the various songs that she loved were the same band, she was truly shocked. The Beatles were her favorite band and she didn't even realize it  ;D

« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 02:19:13 PM by BLEEN »

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 10:48:47 PM »

Yet another one of those examples where I've always just "heard" it one particular way for decades, only to have it re-played to me (sincere thanks for that link Bobber) and prove me entirely wrong!!!

I always just accepted they were all repeatedly singing "Thank You" as "The End" closed in. Never even occurred to me to "hear" it otherwise.

Listening is easy with ears closed,
Misunderstanding all you hear...

As somebody once nearly sang   ;)

Bobber

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 08:54:23 AM »

We all recognize these things. There is a line in Yellow Submarine that sounds Dutch. Somebody on the Dutch Beatles Forum once said it possibly WAS Dutch, sung by one of the members of the then-present The Fool.
I know it isn't Dutch, but since somebody told me what it sounds like in Dutch, I can only hear those Dutch words whenever I listen to the song.

Does somebody understand this? Lol.

BLEEN

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 01:01:43 PM »

Bobber, I understand what you're saying, and that's happened to me before too.

Regarding The End, it's funny how it really jumped out at me, plain as day. When my wife listened to it, she didn't know where it comes in on the track. She pointed it out immediately.

Mr Mustard, thanks for the reply - it would be great if anyone else would kick in on this, even if it's just to say they don't hear it, I'm really curious about it now lol

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 10:33:44 PM »

I don't hear it. What I do hear is that it sounds as if a woman is singing along in the harmony. Or can Paul really sing that high?

I don't hear it either, just the "love yous."  Yeah, Paul can sing that high.  He did the ahhhhs too.   ;)
I can stay till it's time to go

nimrod

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 11:31:25 PM »

I don't hear it either, just the "love yous."  Yeah, Paul can sing that high.  He did the ahhhhs too.   ;)

its yoko  ha2ha

Page created in 0.346 seconds with 61 queries.