Solo forums > Paul McCartney

Paul is Dead: Story & Clues

<< < (80/101) > >>

Dcazz:
Yes it was.

You know the reason why!

KelMar:

--- Quote from: Moogmodule on December 21, 2013, 02:05:56 AM ---I thought I'd heard all the clues til that one. That's a beauty

--- End quote ---

Really! And that's what I love about the Beatles; I'm always learning something new, especially with a little help from my friends.  ;)

Dcazz:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on December 21, 2013, 01:55:13 AM ---Well, here's another clue for you all...

That's American author Stephen Crane whose right hand appears over Paul's head.  Noted for his Civil War novel The Red Badge Of Courage, he also wrote the short story The Open Boat...

...a story about his experience of surviving a shipwreck off the coast of Florida in 1897 while traveling to Cuba to work as a newspaper correspondent.  The ship he was on, the SS Commodore, sank after hitting a sandbar.  He and three other men were forced to navigate their way to shore in a small boat.  One of the men, an oiler named Billie Higgins, drowned after the boat overturned.

Four men started the journey, but only three finished.

--- End quote ---
Hmmm, new to me too!

Hello Goodbye:
Well, here's another clue for you all...

Revolution 9 Backmask (backwards) by The Beatles

I wish I had this video when I was in college.  The only way we could play Revolution 9 backwards was to disconnect the drive belt on a turntable and spin the record in reverse with our fingers, as close as possible to 33 1/3 RPM.  It was hard to do for extended periods of time.

But here we have Revolution 9 at the correct speed in reverse along with a transcription.

Moogmodule:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on January 04, 2014, 06:22:11 AM ---Well, here's another clue for you all...

Revolution 9 Backmask (backwards) by The Beatles

I wish I had this video when I was in college.  The only way we could play Revolution 9 backwards was to disconnect the drive belt on a turntable and spin the record in reverse with our fingers, as close as possible to 33 1/3 RPM.  It was hard to do for extended periods of time.

But here we have Revolution 9 at the correct speed in reverse along with a transcription.

--- End quote ---

That's a handy resource. Thanks for that.

Rev 9 gets a lot of stick. Not surprisingly. But I do think that as a piece of aural art it's pretty effective. I find it a very disturbing track.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version