Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Yoko Ono  (Read 25019 times)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Yoko Ono
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 04:11:03 AM »

I agree. When I hear her music I don't want it to stop because she may have broken up the Beatles; I want it to stop because I can't stand it.
They need an avatar with it's fingers in it's ears just for her!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 04:17:43 AM »

I can listen to Voice Piece For Soprano and Wish Tree over and over again...

Yoko Ono Screaming at Art Show! (Original)

I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 10:45:17 PM »

I can listen to Voice Piece For Soprano and Wish Tree over and over again...

I guess someone has to do it!

JimDep

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2014, 09:36:45 AM »

Yoko OH NO.......should be doing life in prison for murdering Johnny B. Goode on the Mike Douglas show.

Remember the look on Chuck Berry's face when she started going " YYEEEEOOOWW MUIIEEEE YAAAAAHHHHHA OWOWWWWWEEEE"
during the chorus?  Oh yeah....that fits in nicley....  Nails on a chalkboard would sound angelic by comparison.

John Lennon had some serious issues that really hit the fan after the Beatlemania thing started getting monotonous.  I don't envy his childhood. That probably would have screwed most people up, and unfortunately he was a perfect target for a predator like Ono. Never-mind that John was married with child..right?   

No excuse for stalking a married man, not that he was innocent by any stretch.  Just like Julian said, that John sang about world peace but threw his own real family under the bus.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2014, 03:13:19 PM »

Yoko OH NO.......should be doing life in prison for murdering Johnny B. Goode on the Mike Douglas show.

Uh oh...I haven't seen that clip. I'm pretty sure I don't want to look it up! Will take your word for it.    ;)

KelMar

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2014, 07:30:20 PM »

Uh oh...I haven't seen that clip. I'm pretty sure I don't want to look it up! Will take your word for it.    ;)

Oh Kathy, you've got to watch it. It will make you laugh when you see Chuck Berry's reaction to Yoko's initial outburst and then how Yoko was dealt with in the second song, which starts at 7:30. Just watch her carefully and you'll see what I mean. It is a shame though that John's chance to perform with his idol didn't turn out better. Yoko aside, it was a pretty lack-luster affair.

http://youtu.be/495VEzYjABg

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2014, 01:10:26 AM »

...he was a perfect target for a predator like Ono.

It looks like she's planning on getting married again.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2014, 04:48:56 PM »

Oh Kathy, you've got to watch it. It will make you laugh when you see Chuck Berry's reaction to Yoko's initial outburst and then how Yoko was dealt with in the second song, which starts at 7:30. Just watch her carefully and you'll see what I mean. It is a shame though that John's chance to perform with his idol didn't turn out better. Yoko aside, it was a pretty lack-luster affair.

Thanks for posting that, Kelley. I also laughed at the way she is banging angrily on that bongo.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2014, 03:39:52 AM »

It looks like she's planning on getting married again.

ha2ha  What is her deal with ladders anyway??

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2014, 05:26:57 AM »

ha2ha  What is her deal with ladders anyway??

I guess she figures she can pull that off again.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2014, 02:17:53 PM »

I guess she figures she can pull that off again.

I'm shaking my head. Maybe I'm just a clod, but I do NOT get all that strange conceptual art stuff (especially Yoko's!). I never really cared for that sort of music, either, like the composer (Philip Glass? John Cage? I'm blanking out) whose musical piece was to have a person sit at a piano the entire time and do nothing, and the "music" was considered the audience's foot-shuffling, whispers, coughs, etc.

KelMar

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2014, 05:24:31 PM »

I'm shaking my head. Maybe I'm just a clod, but I do NOT get all that strange conceptual art stuff (especially Yoko's!).

The other library, where I used to work, has an art gallery and there used to be some interesting exhibits at times. The funniest one was the dust bunny art. It was literally big globs of artfully(?) arranged dirt. Then there was one that involved a container of some kind that had water with some sort of substance in it. I don't remember the details but it started to rot and stink before the exhibit was over. The arts guy kept calling the lady to come and take care of it but he had a hard time locating her. so, yeah, I can't figure out that sort of thing either.

KelMar

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2014, 07:51:18 AM »

I just had a message from a friend of mine who posted earlier on Facebook, expressing surprise that he saw a Yoko Ono retrospective at the Guggenheim. He didn't realize that she was still active. I asked him if it involved a ladder and of course it does!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 05:38:09 PM by In My Life »

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2014, 12:37:56 PM »

With art like that I can understand why we have gardens! Odd stuff works much better.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2014, 07:22:25 PM »

Everyone knocks Yoko. Not without reason.  But maybe John was so messed up that perhaps simply they deserved each other.

nimrod

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2014, 10:25:00 PM »

Everyone knocks Yoko. Not without reason.  But maybe John was so messed up that perhaps simply they deserved each other.

Ive always thought that, imo she was a gold digger and she did go all out to snare John but hey, John had lost it by then with his drug intake which could've killed him earlier OR he could've ended up like Syd Barrett or Peter Green, maybe she extended his life...his love for her was incredibly deep and probably the only woman (besides his mother) that he ever loved.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2014, 11:50:42 PM »

One of our female worship singers (the best one we have *sigh*) is moving back to Michigan. I called her Yoko at practice because she's breaking up the band and I got the deer in the headlights look. She's in her 20's and i'm not sure she even knows who Yoko is. Sucks getting old.

nimrod

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2014, 12:13:09 AM »

Sucks getting old.

but its better than the alternative Todd     :-[

KelMar

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2014, 03:34:08 AM »

One of our female worship singers (the best one we have *sigh*) is moving back to Michigan. I called her Yoko at practice because she's breaking up the band and I got the deer in the headlights look. She's in her 20's and i'm not sure she even knows who Yoko is. Sucks getting old.

Well, it was funny anyway Todd!

Casbah

• A Beginning
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2014, 02:01:24 AM »

Once again, it's George to the rescue, getting right down to the point and telling it like it is.

His most poignant comments come around the 7:30 mark. 

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQkMuHU9huM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQkMuHU9huM</a>
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.875 seconds with 82 queries.