Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sessions  (Read 1731 times)

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Sessions
« on: May 01, 2004, 05:13:49 PM »

This CD is based on the aborted "Sessions" album, planned for release in 1981 - the project was permanently shelved after John Lennon was killed. Most of these tracks finally saw the light of day (officially!) on the Anthology albums.

Parlophone (fake), 064 2402701,
1 LP, Total Playing Time: 40:43.

This bootleg was released under the fake label of Parlophone, with the "Factory sample not for sale" printed on the back cover.

Available to download from "Unreleased Beatles.com"

Track Listing (track timing is the one from the original LP):

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
Re: Sessions
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 06:19:00 PM »

i have a boot of this album.the recording of 1 after 909 is a recording from 1963 but the cover is different.its in black and white and its on ime records.its a boot from the real one [supposedly]which was shelved by emi as john had just died when emi was considering another commerical beatles release and they did not want to appear to be cashing in on his death and scrapped the idea.this is where the sleeve of leave my kitten alone came from.there were supposedly 2,000 45 sleeves printed up by capitol [emi sister corporation]and they were swiped from the capitol vaults.leave my kitten alone was the intended 45 release.a good throaty vocal by john.
the albums a gate fold cover and has openings on both sides so i am sure it lacks a poster or some literature.the back photo is a picture of their beatle boots paired up with their signatures inside.inside are the vital statistics on the songs.
it was an intended commerical release considered by emi in both countries evidently.1985 is the release date and all songs were made from emi recordings.

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 09:25:58 PM »

The cover shown above is the proposed cover of the release that was scheduled for 1985.

There have been many variations of this album, on vinyl and CD. On my vinyl copy, Ob La Di is not there: and was not scheduled to be there on the official release. I believe it was held off the album, with the intention of forming a non-album B-side to Leave My Kitten Alone.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 09:41:15 PM »

that does sound like an emi type move..you're impressing me again ria....it is not on mine now that i look

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2004, 10:58:47 PM »

In the mid 80's I was idly thumbing thru a Capitol station ordering guide that had just come into the radio station mail, and of course went right to Beatles.  There was Sessions!  I IMMEDIATELY put in an order for a boatload of Beatle vinyl (three bucks a piece, what the heck) AND Sessions.  I anxiously awaited the package, and a month or so later I got it...sans Sessions.  Seems it had been "deleted".  Arg!

Took another ten years before I got around to owning a boot of it.

Wayne L.

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 08:24:42 PM »

I plan on listening to all the Beatles bootlegs when I get the chance while I would " personally " like to hear the White Album, Abbey Road & the most famous bootlegs from Let It Be as in Sweet Apple Trax!

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 09:53:42 PM »

have you made this come into fruition yet wayne???

Page created in 0.349 seconds with 46 queries.