Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Billy Preston recovering after 'catastrophic' infe  (Read 1673 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
Billy Preston recovering after 'catastrophic' infe
« on: January 13, 2006, 09:03:27 PM »

Billy Preston recovering after 'catastrophic' infection

Associated Press
Jan. 12, 2006 05:21 PM

Singer-songwriter and keyboardist Billy Preston is recovering from a recent bout with a serious infection of the sac encasing in his heart.

"Billy had a very catastrophic incident happen to him, but he is doing considerably better," his manager, Joyce Moore, told the Associated Press on Thursday.

Preston, 59, is best known for his work with the Beatles, playing the organ on their song "Get Back." He also toured with the Rolling Stones and was a regular member of Eric Clapton's band. His hits include "Nothing From Nothing Leaves Nothing," "Will It Go Round in Circles?" and "You Are So Beautiful To Me."

He has suffered from chronic kidney failure brought on by uncontrolled high blood pressure since 2001, Moore said. He had a kidney transplant in 2002, but the kidney failed and he has been on thrice-weekly dialysis treatments ever since.

Moore said that while Preston isn't "brain dead" as some reports suggested, he remains seriously ill and is not up and walking around. He cannot speak because he has a tracheotomy.

He moved to Scottsdale from Los Angeles about a year and a half ago, Moore said, because he believed he could get better medical treatment in Arizona, home to a branch of the Mayo Clinic.

Moore said he's not hospitalized at the clinic, but is in a facility where he can receive physical therapy and other medical treatment.

Preston is not contemplating another kidney transplant, she said.

"He just decided that he could not go through that again," Moore said.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Re: Billy Preston recovering after 'catastrophic' infe
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 05:20:12 AM »

That's horrible news. His system is so compromised to begin with, I can't imagine how his body can handle something like this. I think Bob Dylan had a similar infection some years back, but Billy is so fragile, I hope he pulls through alright. Last I knew, he was working on an Eric Clapton project and his Beatles tribute CD.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 11:06:44 AM »

That sure is a downer. Hope he gets strong again. He does need to finish that CD.
All the best Billy.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 05:29:05 PM »

I hope Billy gets well soon.
All You Need Is LOVE!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 11:35:16 AM »

billy you gotta win man......

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 48 queries.