Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Beatles with Tony Sheridan: First Recordings 50th Anniversary Edition  (Read 629 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages

Blogcritics Music
November 12, 2011
Music Review: The Beatles - The Beatles with Tony Sheridan: First Recordings 50th Anniversary Edition

I admit, I’m very surprised to be so surprised by once again hearing the first tracks the Beatles laid down in Hamburg back in 1961 and '62. I can’t say how many times I’ve heard the eight songs produced by German bandleader Bert Kaempfert over the years, but I'd assumed I knew as much about them as any Beatles fan needed to know.I was dead wrong.It’s rather strange to report that while other countries have enjoyed full collections of variant versions of these records for decades, it took 50 years for U.S. listeners to get an “official” package of songs which were intended to launch the career of British singer and guitarist Tony Sheridan. True, a two-CD set with the same eight tracks repeated over and over in often very similar mixes is likely to interest only collectors, completists, and musicologists. But when it comes to the Fabs, there are plenty of us around even if we’re likely to give this collection serious attention just once before filing it away for archival purposes.

http://blogcritics.org/music/article/music-review-the-beatles-the-beatles/
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 39 queries.