Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Why I knew President Bush would win re-election.  (Read 7597 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: Why I knew President Bush would win re-election.
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2004, 01:24:13 AM »

What's wrong with being proud to be American? Or British or anything else? We are all fortunate to live in countries we CAN be proud of. I wouldn't be so proud to be from a country that still engages in genicide or communism. But that's just me. Anyway, I think our country pumps us up. We learn from a very young age that our country is great and we should count ourselves lucky. Not saying other countries are not great, it's just wht we're told. And it makes you feel good. Being proud of where you're from is a positive thing. It brings people together. I'm also proud to be a New Yorker!! So what!!!

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2004, 11:21:33 AM »

[quote by=Herecomesyoursun link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1099484997,s=19 date=1100046616]maybe i should have phrased it as grateful to be an American.[/quote]

OK, that's a different thing.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2004, 11:26:10 AM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1099484997,s=20 date=1100049853]What's wrong with being proud to be American?[/quote]

There's not that much wrong with being proud of your nationality if you don't overreact it (even though I don't see the point of it, but that's just me), but I think that the second world war has taught us what too much nationalism and patriotism can lead to.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2004, 07:57:48 PM »

its called ethnocentrism and when it gets out of hand its a big problem.  The current situation in Eastern Europe is an example of this, and theytve been doing this since 1815

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2004, 08:50:46 PM »

My point is that nationalism can easily lead to a better-than-you and/or an us-vs.-them mentality. And that's dangerous.

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2004, 01:39:02 AM »

good thing kerry didnt win

Paul McCartney :)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2004, 04:28:01 PM »

[quote by=number14 link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1099484997,s=25 date=1100137142]good thing kerry didnt win[/quote]

If you want the apocalypse to happen within the next four years, then yes.

Wayne L.

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2004, 04:48:14 PM »

There's not going to be an apocalypse at all in the next 4 years because President Bush was re-elected even though the terrorists are scared to death.  If some in the U.S. want to leave the country until the next presidential election because they're idiots to begin with & don't believe in America or freedom of speech, who cares. 

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2004, 12:13:49 AM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1099484997,s=27 date=1100191694]There's not going to be an apocalypse at all in the next 4 years because President Bush was re-elected even though the terrorists are scared to death.

Whistler

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2004, 12:25:36 AM »

[quote by=Biscuit_Power link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1099484997,s=12 date=1099999327]

Nope. Bush is not quite the "give peace a chance" kind of guy.[/quote]

Bush is the College crowd, beer drinkers of today, not like yesterdays "Give Peace a Chance" crowd, becareful who you (College) vote for, watch if draft comes back as award for voting Bush..
And now my life has changed in oh so many ways,
My independence seems to vanish in the haze.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2004, 12:51:34 AM »

[quote by=Biscuit_Power link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1099484997,s=28 date=1100218429]

OK, this is my prediction of what's gonna happen in the next four years. And I'm giving you a guarantee that this will come true. I'd bet money on it.

George W. Bush will go on with killing an attacking innocent civilians in Muslim countries. This violence will breed more hatred towards the US in those countries. Every dead civilian in Iraq or Afghanistan is survived by dozens of friends and relatives, and many of them will hold the USA responsible for killing their friend or relative. Every single killing fuels the hatred towards the USA enourmously. With every killing people become more and more determined to destroy the USA. And Muslim fundamentalists will not sit back and let it happen, they're gonna get their revenge. So I can absolutely guarantee you that terrorists will strike again in the USA and thousands will die. Very sad, but true. If Bush goes on with what he has done for the last four years, I'm very sure that thousands of Americans will get killed by terrorists in the next four years.

And if you think the terrorists are scared now because you re-elected Bush, I can only say: dream on, dream on...[/quote]

So your answer is to sit back an accept the terrorist hits and turn the other cheek due to events that may happen? Sorry, but if somebody hits me in the jaw, my intentions would be to hit them back.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2004, 01:02:54 AM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1099484997,s=27 date=1100191694]There's not going to be an apocalypse at all in the next 4 years because President Bush was re-elected even though the terrorists are scared to death.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2004, 01:36:48 AM »

[quote by=pc31 link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1099484997,s=31 date=1100221374]
which goes to show you can fool some of the people some of the times.........
[/quote]

'And now 'have' you seen the light?'(afro)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2004, 02:25:02 AM »

never was lost.i am a devout democrat.i am a southern man.i dislike bush policies.

strutter84

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2004, 08:19:39 AM »

Ok Wayne, so you're saying that the terrorists are scared of Bush?  Yes, he's done so much to destroy them.  Osama Bin Laden sent us a video just 3 weeks ago, esentially saying "hey, I love this dick hole because it's been 3 years, and he's done nothing to stop me!"  You're blind if you think what we're doing now has anything to do with terrorism, Wayne.

George W. Bush, king of the uninformed.

And President Bush is still not my damn president.  I refuse to call him president until he goes back to the last election and beats Al Gore.  So Al Gore is my president, and will be until we get another democrat in the white house, which will for sure happen next time around.  Now Bush has a free ticket to do whatever he wants without personal consequence for the next 4 years.  You'll all see.  We're all really f***ed now.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2004, 08:26:43 AM »

[quote by=pc31 link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1099484997,s=33 date=1100226302]never was lost.i am a devout democrat.i am a southern man.i dislike bush policies.[/quote]

Sorry, that was one of those kinda questions to everyone, not you specifically PC. Was trying to lyric play on that great Marley number. ;)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2004, 04:45:33 PM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1099484997,s=30 date=1100220694]

So your answer is to sit back an accept the terrorist hits and turn the other cheek due to events that may happen?

[/quote]

No. It's only logical that the USA had to do SOMETHING, but bombing the sh*t out of several cities and killing tens of thousands of innocent civilians that never had anything to do with any kind of terrorist hardly seems like a decent sollution.

Try to look at everything that happened after 9-11 from the point of view of a resident of Baghdad... You can hardly blame these people for hating the USA.

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2004, 07:58:04 AM »

i'm not surpise he won he even said it himself several times.....sign....

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2004, 05:47:13 PM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1099484997,s=30 date=1100220694]

So your answer is to sit back an accept the terrorist hits and turn the other cheek due to events that may happen? Sorry, but if somebody hits me in the jaw, my intentions would be to hit them back.

[/quote]

I agree completely with Biscuit Powers predictions.  The war in Iraq has created such bad will in the Middle East, and we are only making it worse.  However youre remark about being hit is a seperate thing entirely.  The war in Afghanistan was a good idea, and has actually been more popular with Middle Easterners, many of whom hated the Taliban.  However at what point did Iraq hit us?  Never.  Yet we still invaded and killed unknown thousands of civilians.  This war is a very dangerous thing to America, and I only hope that Bush is as good at National Security as he claims to be, lest something tragic happens.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Wayne L.

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2004, 09:31:27 PM »

There's going to be war on terrorism after President Bush leaves office & another president of the U. S. is sworn in on Jan. 20, 2008 as well as after his or her term is over because what happened on 9/11 shouldn't have happened in the first place on American soil but blame for this tragedy is on both political parties along with the CIA & FBI.   The reason why George W. Bush won re-election easily against John Kerry wasn't because of the Bin Laden tape it was because Kerry had no plan for the war in Iraq or the war on terrorism except that he was a former Vietnam veteran, who became an anti-war activist, who once played in a garage band in the 60's & he wasn't GWB, the Democratic Party actually believed in their twisted minds they had another JFK.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.6 seconds with 83 queries.