Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 204

Author Topic: What's the weather like in your country or state?  (Read 337618 times)

Euan Buchan, Moogmodule and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Re: What's the weather like in your country or state?
« Reply #1980 on: January 29, 2014, 05:03:31 AM »

Well?...
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

« Reply #1981 on: January 29, 2014, 07:15:27 AM »

We say it a bit differently in New Jersey.

I'm almost afraid to ask how you say it in Jersey.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1982 on: February 05, 2014, 03:40:41 AM »

Here we go! A foot of snow tomorrow and up to 2 feet on Sunday! We'll see what happens!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #1983 on: February 05, 2014, 04:30:19 AM »

Here we go! A foot of snow tomorrow and up to 2 feet on Sunday! We'll see what happens!

Who's saying that about Sunday, Dave?  The elements for that storm are still out in the Pacific.  But The Weather Channel says a chance of snow showers here in New Jersey on Sunday.  They got these American and European Models.  I'm not sure why Europe is so interested in United States weather.
I can stay till it's time to go

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1984 on: February 05, 2014, 12:08:02 PM »

Who's saying that about Sunday, Dave?  The elements for that storm are still out in the Pacific.  But The Weather Channel says a chance of snow showers here in New Jersey on Sunday.  They got these American and European Models.  I'm not sure why Europe is so interested in United States weather.
One of the local weathercasters said it. I'm  counting on the "up to" quote. Usually it's up to 8" of fear factor but... up here it's supposed to be substantial. We'll see

I was watching the weather this am and on the accumulation map there's one purple dot right over my town for 14" today!!!

I didn't know Europe watched our weather that much. Probably because what we get they get next!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 12:59:57 PM by Dcazz »
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #1985 on: February 05, 2014, 05:07:52 PM »

One minute I look out and it's barely snowing and the next I can't see anything but snow. I'm not happy because I have to go to an appointment in a little bit. It's about a 15 minute drive, normally. I guess I just have to keep telling myself that I have really good tires, traction control and that most everyone else will stay home!

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #1986 on: February 05, 2014, 11:23:48 PM »

One minute I look out and it's barely snowing and the next I can't see anything but snow. I'm not happy because I have to go to an appointment in a little bit. It's about a 15 minute drive, normally. I guess I just have to keep telling myself that I have really good tires, traction control and that most everyone else will stay home!
Or just tell yourself you need to visit KE and soak up in the sun :)

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1987 on: February 06, 2014, 03:52:53 AM »

So far the weathermen are right on. We got around 12" so far and flurries are still coming down.
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1988 on: February 12, 2014, 06:10:27 PM »

Another 12-15" expected from this Atlanta storm when it gets here tomorrow! Bring it on! What else can you do!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1989 on: February 12, 2014, 11:26:36 PM »

Another 12-15" expected from this Atlanta storm when it gets here tomorrow! Bring it on! What else can you do!

Seems like the East coast is really getting slammed this winter, from bottom to top! I feel a little sorry for the South.

nimrod

« Reply #1990 on: February 12, 2014, 11:31:31 PM »

the usual here....warm & sunny  :)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1991 on: February 13, 2014, 03:41:14 AM »

Seems like the East coast is really getting slammed this winter, from bottom to top! I feel a little sorry for the South.
I have several friends from Atlanta area and I guess everyone stayed home and inside today! They sent me photos of the snow and I wouldn't even bother to shovel it up here but it closed down the whole region down there. Kids there get a rare treat !
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #1992 on: February 15, 2014, 01:36:42 AM »

I have several friends from Atlanta area and I guess everyone stayed home and inside today! They sent me photos of the snow and I wouldn't even bother to shovel it up here but it closed down the whole region down there. Kids there get a rare treat !

Two inches of snow crippled Atlanta! 

Wooses.   ;D
I can stay till it's time to go

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1993 on: February 15, 2014, 12:48:45 PM »

When I lived there I used to stay home because of the drivers, not the snow!

We got over a foot yesterday and are expecting another 8" tonight!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 01:22:56 PM by Dcazz »
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1994 on: February 15, 2014, 05:13:21 PM »

I have several friends from Atlanta area and I guess everyone stayed home and inside today! They sent me photos of the snow and I wouldn't even bother to shovel it up here but it closed down the whole region down there.

I have to say, I know it's mean, but I've been snickering at Atlanta. I understand people in the South aren't used to snow, but....really. Get a grip. And it's not like it hadn't been forecast well ahead of time.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1995 on: February 15, 2014, 05:16:32 PM »

Kids there get a rare treat !

At my son's school (K thru 6th grade) they go out for recess unless the wind chill drops to 24 below 0 (F). Seriously!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1996 on: February 15, 2014, 06:24:43 PM »

I have to say, I know it's mean, but I've been snickering at Atlanta. I understand people in the South aren't used to snow, but....really. Get a grip. And it's not like it hadn't been forecast well ahead of time.
I found the roads down there have a slightly steeper angle to handle rain runoff and the ditches are very deep! When someone starts to skid the tendency is to slide with the road angle and they end up in ditches (usually upside down) easier! Plus there's a tendency to have more fun when you drive in the snow with some unfortunate results.
There is no sand/salt for the roads and I never saw a plow the 3 years I was there! You just stay home!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1997 on: February 15, 2014, 07:03:29 PM »

Tempting!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #1998 on: February 15, 2014, 07:24:48 PM »

Aww...that's nice of you to invite me.  :) It is tempting, for sure! We are supposed to have a warm up next week but then more of this cold stuff is predicted. People are saying that this is really a normal winter but that we had so many unusually mild ones before so we aren't used to it. I don't know...I'd like to see that stats to back up that claim!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1999 on: February 15, 2014, 07:28:50 PM »

One of my friends told me that during the first storm last week it took him 9+ hours to get home from work! 40 miles!
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 204

Page created in 0.777 seconds with 78 queries.