Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: So overrated?  (Read 17212 times)

Mrs JWL

• A Beginning
  • I love the Beatles so much. They are my life!!!!!!
    • Fab Mania
Re: So overrated?
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2005, 12:52:31 AM »

If it weren't for the Beatles, the music today wouldn't be the way it is. Because of the Beatles, they changed musical history forever. They inspired other people to go out and start a band, coming up with things more original of their own, which inspired more bands to do the same. Without the Beatles, music today would be much worse than it is today. Because of the Beatles, we have had several great bands out and other singers as well. If you like Nirvana, Ozzy, Marylin Manson, so many other rock singers, and I reckon, there were some rap singers inspired as well... You cannot go knocking the Beatles! If you have no respect for the Beatles, you simply do not have any respect for the rock music of today as seeing as, most of it has originated from the Beatles' ideas, inspiration and style. You do not have to like the Beatles, fine, but at least respect them. They have had a huge impact on people, not just through musical talent, but in life in general as well.

Quite frankly, I couldn't give a less if you like the Beatles or not. But to say that the are overrated and that they aren't cared about at all in today's society is only merely wrong. The Beatles have lasted so much longer than any band has ever, over 40 years. Even today, even though they're no longer a band, have such a huge impact on people. And the Beatles ARE today's music! They are still spoke about in the news, in magizenes, on the radio, on the streets, in schools and several other places. Their music is still played and enjoyed by many, even to this day... As you can tell, we're all fans here. If we weren't, do you think we'd be wasting so much time on here? No. And as matter of factly, I wouldn't so much calling this wasting my time either.

Instead of being so negitive, how about checking out a few CDs of the Beatles and trying out their music and see for yourself. You do not need other people to tell you how to feel or what to think. I a reckon you have a brain of your own. But if you refuse to open up to a whole new demention of music, other than your own, and you refuse to try out new things and music, such as the Beatles, you have absolutely no room to talk.

You should also go and try finding out as much Beatle facts as you possibly can. Even find out about each othe Beatles, about their life style and what they're about. You really don't have much of a say if you do not know these things about the Beatles.

That is all I will say, though there is so much more to be said. I just say to see for yourself. Do not allow others to tell you how to feel, or what to think. However, you do not have a say so, or an opinion for that matter, if you do not know what you're talking about and you allow others to speak and think for you. THINK FOR YOURSELF.

Tiff Lennon

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Page created in 0.37 seconds with 34 queries.