Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: UnreleasedBeatles.com  (Read 22745 times)

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: UnreleasedBeatles.com
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2004, 12:18:45 PM »

Another tiny bump! I LOVE that site!!!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2004, 02:21:49 PM »

wooow, I agree with Maria, we must find the guy's email and thank him, the website is awesome :D

---powered by Moondogs®---

jeanie

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2004, 10:51:35 PM »

That site is really great!!! I'm listening to Complete BBC Sessions Upgraded 1 right now, I love it!!!It's so exciting!!!It feels like I was right there!!! I can't wait to download the other ones! I'm downloading the Upgraded 2 now!
I also agree, we should find that guy's email and tell him how much thankful we are!!!

jeanie

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2004, 02:11:28 AM »

Oh my God!!! I'm kind of too upset!! I was downloading songs and suddenly it kicks me out saying that I need to pay if I want to continue downloading from that site..now that really turned me down :'( :'( :'( Could somebody please pay that money for me???Cos I'm cheap..or when you get your password could someone share it with me???Please???This is really sad, what he'd done... :'(I can't believe it...I'm down I'm really down I'm down Down on the ground :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2004, 02:22:28 AM »

It probably exeeded it's file transfer quota/band width or something like that!  It might be OK again tomorrow! ;D

bulldog_0909

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2004, 03:36:01 AM »

at another forum broad he said he was having problems will i went there and this is what he had to say 

Sorry Paolo,

I've got the disc space to leave them up, it's just the wanton bandwidth use that I'm trying to discourage...

I've got a tremendous amount of visitors that consume 300-400 MB's per session. I don't understand this since I've never even had more than a fraction of that up at once...

Must be that folks are just playing the songs all day over and over again from the site...

With 1k- 1500 visitors a day, this get's expensive, fast.

The more I have up there the more I seem to attract these folks...I want to make sure I've got enough bandwidth for everyone!

UB

that was a few days agian to tell you the turth i don't even know what bandwidth is all i know is you got to pay the guy now.

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2004, 04:24:57 AM »

I've got a feeling that this is a set up.

He goes to Beatlelinks (a very popular forum; I post there under another name), and advertizes his stuff. Hits start pouring in

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2004, 05:00:15 AM »

I agree with Maria, this site all of the sudden seems a lil bit fishy.

I knew this was going to eventually happen though, I mean, if you have unreleased material from the most popular music band in the world chances are that you're going to have a lot of traffic in your website, and yes, bandwitdh it's not free and it can become expensive.
But I think Maria made a good point; the guy running the site should offer only one album per week (he started that way, remember?) and of course, compressing the files will help save bandwith too.

Just look at the site, they have:

Complete BBC Sessions Upgraded 3
Complete BBC Sessions Upgraded 4
Get Back Journals II 1
Get Back Journals II 2
Lost Pepperland Reel
Complete BBC Sessions Upgraded 1
Complete BBC Sessions Upgraded 2
Strawberry Lane

that makes a total of eight albums full of tracks!!... no wonder the guy is having problems!!

I hope the guy running the site can solve the problem and maintain it free :(

---powered by Moondogs®---

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2004, 11:07:19 AM »

I truly hope this wasn't a scam! Perhaps offering all these goodies absolutely free really IS costing him money! It was good while it lasted and certainly saved me a lot of money, but now the the choice is ours - say thank you and goodnight or pay up and enjoy the rest of the downloads.

I must admit I am VERY tempted to pay, seeing as Beatles' bootleg CDs cost over ?15 in the UK (aprox $30)! I'll wait and see what his next move is though!!! ;D

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2004, 02:10:22 PM »

yeah, the idea of paying is very tempting but I'll wait too.
Luckily, I downloaded all the new stuff he posted yesterday before he made the site password-protected