Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Who Will You Vote For?  (Read 10091 times)

strutter84

Re: Who Will You Vote For?
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2004, 06:44:27 AM »

Oh man, that's too bad.  I'm really sorry.

Anyhow, I won't want to vote Kerry out 4 years from now.  My 2 best friends in the world got back from Iraq exactly one week ago from tomorrow.  They've been there over 6 months longer than they were legally allowed before Bush changed the laws.  And they're National Guardsmen, so they weren't even supposed to be there in the first place.  They run the risk of getting sent back within a year if Kerry doesn't get elected, and that would be too much for me!  I can't lose my friends over a f***in oil rig.  Kerry said tonight that he would not use the National Guard as a "backdoor draft" like Bush did.  So he'll keep all the Guardsmen, and the reserves in the country, where their job descriptions say they belong. 

Vote Kerry/Edwards 2004!

« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2004, 04:49:48 PM »

[quote by=Joe_Karlosi link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1088807857,s=55 date=1091155606]It's always the same bull. Everyone wants to oust the old president and vote for the "new guy," thinking that's going to make such a big difference. And when it doesn't - as usual - then what? Believe me, all the Kerryites will be voting him out too in a few years.

No wonder I've never voted... [/quote]

Some administrations do more damage than others.  This one has attacked America from within, anyone with half a brain should want to get rid of these criminals.

As far as not voting, Joe, that's not something to be proud of (like doing drugs is.) :D

Janice

• A Beginning
  • Hey, it's a thingy! A fiendish thingy!
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2004, 07:28:46 PM »

^ lol!

I'm gonna vote for Kerry mainly because I do not want Bush for another 4 years.  :P
"I see the sun again, I ain't ever lookin' back,
All the dreams are comin' true as I think of you,
Now there's nothing in the way to stop me heading for the light."

« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2004, 08:13:08 PM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1088807857,s=61 date=1091292588]

Some administrations do more damage than others.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2004, 02:50:01 AM »

nope Charlie you had it right the first time

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2004, 03:08:35 AM »

[quote by=Herecomesyoursun link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1088807857,s=64 date=1091328601]nope Charlie you had it right the first time[/quote]

Only because you agree with me.  If you didn't, then I'd be King Mixer.

Rocky Raccoon

• A Beginning
  • Help with good Rocky's revival!
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2004, 04:34:16 AM »

Watch this pic closely. The other guy's name is also John, can you guess his last name?
In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2004, 01:37:58 PM »

Some administrations do more damage than others.

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2004, 01:47:59 PM »

Bush or Kerry.

Although its not my Country thats in Discussion, America has a great deal of power over the world..Like it or not.

I feel Elections in the states are an absolute joke. It boils down to who has the most money, and who can afford the biggest batch of balloons.
Although this opinion is obviously generalised, the truth is not far off!

Although Bush and Kerry may have a natural Flair for politics..(well..Bush can be excused) Pumping millions into the election campaigns only proves one thing..how big their Bank Balances are.

I feel Bush has had his chance, But Kerry...the advertisments make me laugh.
 Video Clips showing him Snowboarding, Playing the acoustic Guitar, riding his bike...can people not see through this shameless ploy?...so he was a veteran of Vietnam, his biggest selling point..crumbles into nostalgic overblowjng which has little relevance on todays global politics (Vietnam/Iraq)..with no real comparisons..except for them being wars.
If Kerry doesnt win, then the right-Wing Bush Administraion is untouchable.
God help us.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2004, 03:16:21 PM »

[quote by=Joe_Karlosi link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1088807857,s=67 date=1091367478]

I'm not ashamed of not voting. Give me someone worth voting for, whom I believe is good for the job, and I will vote. I'm very proud of not just voting to say I've voted, even when I didn't like either candidate. Then everyone whines about the votes not being counted fairly anyway.[/quote]

Well I do agree that voting for the better of two evils is getting tiring...

Your opening statement here is a popular one, but it's not one I agree with. Take a look at the beheading videos over at certain websites (I won't divulge them here because we have too many young viewers) and find out who the REAL enemy is. It's our own people here like Moore who are against us -- you never hear anything about those animals in Iraq beheading Americans,

You DON'T??  What news channels are YOU watching Joe?

but Michael Moore would love to make everyone believe we're doing so much harm to those innocent little Iraqi's.

No, Moore is offering a different take on the admin's news spin.  They tried controlling every outlet (and succeeeded initially) with heavy-handed tactics designed to squash ANY dissent.  THAT is not America, Joe.  It's not even Lithuania.  :)

Where's all the furor over what they're doing on those videos? oooooh -- that's right -- we also put panties on their soldiers' heads. How comparable!

Well, as with the drug issue I feel you are speaking far more from an emotional space than a fact-based one.  I supose we all do that at times but really...I haven't heard about our prisoner abuse scandal for at least a month, maybe two.  The beheadings are still daily news around these parts. 

Gah!  MORE conversation that will never resolve anything!!!!  I am about to start a thread about religion called 'The Pope, the Jews, and You'.  Hope to see you there!  :D

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2004, 04:00:05 PM »

Joe, Michael Moore is not whining about the amount of "little Iraqis getting hurt", he is outraged at the number of American soldiers being killed.  Listen to what he's actually saying, don't just genaralize.  Also, anyone proud of not voting should have their citizenship revoked.  We live in the greatest country in the world with the best Democratic system (yes, it has it's flaws but what doesn't).  Real American patriots died a long time ago, so that you could have a say in your government.  And now you're saying you don't want it?

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2004, 08:03:39 PM »

Joe, Michael Moore is not whining about the amount of "little Iraqis getting hurt", he is outraged at the number of American soldiers being killed.

American soldiers who - God Bless them - volunteered. This wasn't a draft situation. Now, this doesn't mean that I want our people being killed or even injured, but I'm just saying it was their decision and I applaud them for their courage. It's a courage that enables Moore's freedom to make films like he does in the first place.  Also, in Moore's film, he at least partly portrays U.S. soldiers as "whooping it up" and looking like trigger-happy partygoers, listening to rock music and all of that ...... Well, Moore can't have it both ways --- first making our boys portrayed as appearing to be "having fun" doing the bombing in his film, but then whining that they're getting killed as victims. Either they're content being there or they aren't. Which is it?

Also, anyone proud of not voting should have their citizenship revoked. 

Guess mine should be revoked then. However, I've seriously been considering registering this year, honestly. But picking the "lesser of the evils" when they're both phony and frauds and you don't really have confidence in either .... well, that's just dumb, IMO.

Real American patriots died a long time ago, so that you could have a say in your government.  And now you're saying you don't want it?

I never said that. I most certainly DO want it, and I am glad to have the opportunity - for whenever I deem it worth using on some future election. :)

strutter84

« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2004, 07:51:23 AM »

You're wrong, because Bush did use a "draft".  A very sneaky, underhanded draft involving the National Guard.  No where in their job description does it say they're supposed to go overseas as soldiers in wars like this.  When they're called up, they're supposed to stay here and guard our country.  Hence the name "National Guard". 

And what Michael Moore is doing is exposing what is really going on; the lies and the scandals and saying: "Hey, people....look at what's really going on!  This has to be changed!"  And he's right.  He is absolutely right.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2004, 08:01:59 AM »

Anyone see Moore on the O' Reilly show? I missed it.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2004, 02:20:23 PM »

He actually went on O'Reilly? That's crazy.

EDIT: I just read the transcript....search for Moore and O'Reilly and you can find it.....interesting to say the least....Moore brings up some good points that O'Reilly continually sidesteps around...

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

strutter84

« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2004, 06:09:30 PM »

That's because Bill O'Reilly is a moron.  He never lets any of his guests express their views on anything.  All he does is put them down and try to make them feel stupid.  I love it when it backfires in his face.  Basically everything he says is but to say: "Though you've proven me wrong, I still say I'm right and you're a big poopey head!"

« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2004, 06:13:56 PM »

And what Michael Moore is doing is exposing what is really going on; the lies and the scandals and saying: "Hey, people....look at what's really going on!

« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2004, 06:16:26 PM »

A very sneaky, underhanded draft involving the National Guard.

Oh, really? So then I guess you'd say our men are unhappy being over there figthing the War on Terrorism? Let me ask you this -- if it's so "sneaky and underhanded" and if our men were "forced" into war -- why does Moore portray them as trigger-happy and glad to be there blowing things up in his movie? ;)

PS - you should be glad they're over there destroying the evil ones before evil comes here and tries to change life as we know it in the U.S. -- and then we won't have the freedom to communicate freely like this on the internet at all, unless we get our heads sawed off! :)

« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2004, 07:38:25 PM »

[quote by=Joe_Karlosi link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1088807857,s=76 date=1091470436]

No, Moore is only using filmclips and presidential footage that he wants to use in order to show HIS agenda. There could be a completely opposite film constructed by any staunch conservative, using clips and scenarios that better fit his agenda. It's only ONE side, not the ONLY side.

And whether Moore is right or not, I don't like the fact that he puts all his time, money and effort into making a film about how foul our President is, and how bad "we" are.

« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2004, 07:43:29 PM »

[quote by=Joe_Karlosi link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1088807857,s=77 date=1091470586]

Oh, really? So then I guess you'd say our men are unhappy being over there figthing the War on Terrorism? Let me ask you this -- if it's so "sneaky and underhanded" and if our men were "forced" into war -- why does Moore portray them as trigger-happy and glad to be there blowing things up in his movie? ;)

PS - you should be glad they're over there destroying the evil ones before evil comes here and tries to change life as we know it in the U.S. -- and then we won't have the freedom to communicate freely like this on the internet at all, unless we get our heads sawed off! :) [/quote]

A bit alarmist, don't you think?  No one is coming over here to take over and saw heads off.  Really.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 83 queries.