Beatles forums > Songs

'A Day In The Life' cello players

<< < (8/8)

Xose:
McCartney used the bow by those days. Brian Kehew - Kevin Ryan, Recording The Beatles, Houston, Curvebender, 2008, p. 394, a note in George Martin's hand for the 20 February session reads:

"...That Means a Lot
Track 1: George on Spanish acoustic
John on Fender
Drums + bass

Track 2: Paul bowing bass guitar
Ringo tom tom (w/echo)
And beginning only John on Fender..."

IMHO an orchestra was at Abbey Road (=probably Studio 1) by those days, but...., which one??

Xosé

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Xose on February 17, 2011, 09:40:12 AM ---IMHO an orchestra was at Abbey Road (=probably Studio 1) by those days, but...., which one??

--- End quote ---

Xose, as I mentioned a couple of months ago in your "The beginnings of Paul McCartney's bass playing" thread, The George Martin Orchestra was recording this album at Abbey Road Studios at that time...

Xose:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on February 17, 2011, 09:22:35 PM ---Xose, as I mentioned a couple of months ago in your "The beginnings of Paul McCartney's bass playing" thread, The George Martin Orchestra was recording this album at Abbey Road Studios at that time...

--- End quote ---

Oh yes... I forgot... Sorry abo' tha'...  >:(

So, if George Martin Orchestra was recording that álbum at that time, then I should find who were the Double Bass players...

Thank you very much!!  ;)

Xosé

thoms:
The MU holds residuals for the next of kin of "Yesterday" cellist Francisco Gabarro.
We need to contact his son - P.A Gabarro I think - who seems to be in Elche, Spain according to earlier posts.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Peter Thoms
Sessions Official
pt1@themu.org
MU HQ
60 — 62 Clapham Road
London SW9 0JJ

T    020 7840 5559

http://www.theMU.org

soundmanjohn:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on November 29, 2010, 01:10:52 AM ---

Currently, Denis (Dennis) Vigay is with The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music in London.  He's pictured in the back row, third from the right.

--- End quote ---

You might like to know that the lady in the grey skirt in the centre of the back row is the 'cellist Andrea Hess, daughter of the violinist Jürgen Hess. She's also a session musician and a respected chamber music player and soloist.

Regards

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version