Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Now And Then  (Read 16821 times)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Re: Now And Then
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2008, 03:36:41 AM »

Love the Travis story, Paul!

I think John's demos were often pretty rough, and the band would work on knocking them into shape. Unfortunately, I just don't see how this can happen when the John contribution is frozen in time on a bad recording. I do think Paul would be better off taking it as inspiration and creating something fresh from it. But what do I know?
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Paul Doherty

• A Beginning
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2008, 09:32:24 AM »

Hope he does one day

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2008, 07:24:46 PM »

The song is good, but sad. The way my mind interprets it though isn't the same intent John wrote the songs with. He wrote it for Yoko right? It makes me think of The Beatles, and John especially not being here, and stuff like that. Good song, but it makes me a little sad.

I want them to release it though, I want a big release. I WANT A NUMBER ONE HIT!!!!

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2008, 08:33:11 AM »

carnivals b-side?  ;D
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

Bobber

« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2008, 11:45:50 AM »

Quote from: 611
Sad days!

I know john was working on his next songs!!

Free as a bird ect were (not for the Beatles!)
I have the solo accustic he did & piano stuff!

John was not ready for the Beatles as --It as a the band--Did not allow
freedom of self!
This is why George left also!

John said it on one of his songs--
I don't beleave in Beatles--I beleave in me--Yoko & Me! I am John!

He just wanted to be seen for him & not as a beatles!That was a
product & could be sold!
Buttons-postes-socks-ect!!

Priceless!  ;D  Anyway, djinns last sentence made me wonder. He should pay a visit to the John Exploiting thread!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2008, 11:48:12 AM »

Quote from: 63

Priceless!  ;D  Anyway, djinns last sentence made me wonder. He should pay a visit to the John Exploiting thread!

That would make my year!!

NoNameR

• A Beginning
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2008, 05:09:53 PM »

That's some damn smart work. I'm certain that some clever bootlegger has touched up the Lennon demo (rather than having access to the Threetles' version), but that is bloody good. Nicely sampled Ringo drums and shimmery George backing. Brilliant stuff, indeed!

Quote from: 63
Is this the song as far as The Threetles made it?

tz5i2gjyxmM

dylanjohn

• A Beginning
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2009, 04:39:56 AM »

Here is the solution to release it.

It's all in the name.

Release it as a John Lennon song.  Which it is...
A Lennon song with help from Starr/McCartney...

If George recorded any parts during 1995 that Olivia wants used,
then use them.

Let's just hear the song, not as a Beatles song....but as it truly is.
A Lennon song with help from his friends.

I think that is the best solution.

dbone828

• A Beginning
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2009, 01:57:16 PM »

Remember how back in the '90s, Paul, George and Ringo "reunited" with John via recorded cassette, remixed a few songs, and released them as hit singles as a part of the Anthology series?

Well, the first single, "Free as a Bird" was included on Anthology 1, and its follow-up, "Real Love," opened Anthology 2.  There were plans on following this pattern by including a new song ("Now and Then") as an opening to Anthology 3, but for various reasons, the boys didn't feel like finishing the song, and thus the idea was scrapped.

On April 29, 2007, it was reported in the Daily Express that the song may be released to coincide with the Beatles catalogue being released for the first time via digital download. Additional reports circulated that same year that Paul McCartney was hoping to complete the song as a "Lennon/McCartney composition" by writing new verses, laying down a new drum track recorded by Ringo, and utilizing archival recordings of George Harrison's guitar work.

In January of 2008, a "fan remix" was made of "Now and Then," dubbed the "1995 Edit," and appeared on YouTube:
7G17A10TA2c

As far as I know, nobody ever came into the light as to who made this remix.  Since then, the video has been added as official videos to the following YouTube user accounts:
PaulMcCartney
Y0KOONO
RINGOSTARR

All three of these accounts seem to be the real deal, but I could be wrong.

I have two theories:

Theory #1: Paul McCartney, Yoko Ono, and Ringo loved this remix so much, that they promoted it to gauge a response.  See if it was popular enough to release the remix as an official digital download, or perhaps record their own version of it.

Theory #2: This is the real deal.  The one Paul was talking about releasing.  Yet it never became a huge YouTube phenomenon (the most viewed incarnation of this video is currently at 137,000 views, which is a lot, but not for a song by a popular recording artist).  Perhaps they want to wait until it gains in popularity before even considering releasing it as a single.

What are your thoughts?

Either way, I find it suspicious (yet promising) that this video has been added to Paul's official lineup.

What do I propose?

Spread this video like wildfire.  If this manages to get a million hits, we could be seeing the release of "Now and Then" as a digital download, and even speed up the process of releasing the Beatles' catalog on iTunes by cranking up the demand another notch.  Although I'm not sure which version of the video would benefit from more viewings.  The original has far more views.  But Paul would be more likely to notice any change in his own personal account.  And Ringo isn't nearly as popular as Paul for this to have such an effect.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2009, 06:54:42 PM »

It's not coming out. Full stop.

Whoeveriam

• A Beginning
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2009, 02:46:15 AM »

Nelson_Wilbury

• A Beginning
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2009, 03:09:30 AM »

Which is the problem if one or two of them wasn't in the tape? Many songs were recorded by three, two or one member and everybody knows that ARE Beatles songs

Release it with or without George. What can we lose?
With our love we can save the world

georgeharrisonluver

• A Thousand Pages
  • Here Comes the Sun
    • My Beatle's Tumblr!
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2009, 04:37:23 AM »

As far as I know, nobody ever came into the light as to who made this remix.  Since then, the video has been added as official videos to the following YouTube user accounts:
PaulMcCartney
Y0KOONO
RINGOSTARR

All three of these accounts seem to be the real deal, but I could be wrong.

PaulMcCartney is not Paul's offical channel...It's this one http://www.youtube.com/user/paulmccartney?blend=1&ob=4

the others seem legit though. I do hope Now and Then is released  :)

Tamara

• A Beginning
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2009, 01:58:43 PM »

Which is the problem if one or two of them wasn't in the tape? Many songs were recorded by three, two or one member and everybody knows that ARE Beatles songs

Release it with or without George. What can we lose?

Nothing. You are absolutely right. Let's have it!

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
NOW AND THEN Finished! New Beatle single!
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2009, 01:17:01 AM »

I saw this on the George Harrison Forum. Is this true?! Can anyone confirm this? Could this be the 45th and mystery song in The Beatles: Rock band game? From whobeatle on the GH Forum:

http://www.georgeharrison.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15612

by whobeatle on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:15 am

Numerous reports all over the world last week claimed the Beatle reunion song
NOW AND THEN based on a Lennon demo had been finished.

THat report is TRUE---All four Beatles appear on the track. George as I understand it
plays at least one guitar part and sings back up.

Ringo of course plays drums

JOhn Lennon plays piano and sings lead

Paul McCartney plays several instruments and sings harmony, possibly lead or colead
vocals in certain sections of the song...Possibly new sections were written by McCartney
to flesh out the song a little...Though it was originally a Lennon song...It is unclear whether
Paul actually wrote some additional lyrics or added a musical bridge or something.

ACCORDING TO MY SOURCES "The record sounds very BEATLEY"

NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER PAul McCartney went in for several recording , and editing sessions
over the last two or three years and finished the song... More work had been done in the nineties
by the THREETLES than had been acknowledged. The reports how the THREETLES had just messed around
with NOW AND THEN for an afternoon were totally misleading and false. Perhaps the other new song ALL FOR LOVE
was only worked on for a couple of days. Now and Then was worked on by George Paul and RIngo quite a bit...But
Paul still had to do a lot of additional work to get it releasable...McCartney wants the record out badly..Thats a fact

OKAY--The part how the song is about to see an imminent release--THAT Is FALSE so far as I know

I HOPE TO GOD THE SONG COMES OUT THIS YEAR AS PART OF THE BEATLE REMASTER PROGRAM
but no one has said that to me, that knows what they are talking about

SMART MONEY SAYS THE HOLD UP IS THAT THE BEATLES HAVE NOT INKED A DEAL FOR DOWNLOADS
WHEN WE SEE DOWNLOADS WE WILL SEE THE LAST NEW BEATLE SINGLE IN HISTORY
NO WONDER THE BEATLES ARE PLAYING HARDBALL WITH THE DOWNLOAD PROVIDERS! INCLUDED
IN THE DOWNLOAD DEAL IS A BRAND NEW BEATLE SONG HOLY SMOKES

THE MYSTERY IS WHEN CAN WE HEAR NOW AND THEN! ---THE MYSTERY IS NOT IS THEIR A FINISHED
BEATLE SONG IN THE CAN CALLED NOW AND THEN

It has been verified by the highest possible sources that its true NOW AND THEN IS FINISHED IN THE CAN

the damm mystery is why the heck don't they put out the freaking song!

My sources tell me it has been finished on the shelf since at least 2008.

Bobber

Re: NOW AND THEN Finished! New Beatle single!
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2009, 06:57:02 AM »

My sources tell me to wait and see for myself.

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2009, 10:48:49 AM »

I saw this on the George Harrison Forum. Is this true?! Can anyone confirm this? Could this be the 45th and mystery song in The Beatles: Rock band game? From whobeatle on the GH Forum:

http://www.georgeharrison.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15612

by whobeatle on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:15 am

Numerous reports all over the world last week claimed the Beatle reunion song
NOW AND THEN based on a Lennon demo had been finished.

THat report is TRUE---All four Beatles appear on the track. George as I understand it
plays at least one guitar part and sings back up.

Ringo of course plays drums

JOhn Lennon plays piano and sings lead

Paul McCartney plays several instruments and sings harmony, possibly lead or colead
vocals in certain sections of the song...Possibly new sections were written by McCartney
to flesh out the song a little...Though it was originally a Lennon song...It is unclear whether
Paul actually wrote some additional lyrics or added a musical bridge or something.

ACCORDING TO MY SOURCES "The record sounds very BEATLEY"

NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER PAul McCartney went in for several recording , and editing sessions
over the last two or three years and finished the song... More work had been done in the nineties
by the THREETLES than had been acknowledged. The reports how the THREETLES had just messed around
with NOW AND THEN for an afternoon were totally misleading and false. Perhaps the other new song ALL FOR LOVE
was only worked on for a couple of days. Now and Then was worked on by George Paul and RIngo quite a bit...But
Paul still had to do a lot of additional work to get it releasable...McCartney wants the record out badly..Thats a fact

OKAY--The part how the song is about to see an imminent release--THAT Is FALSE so far as I know

I HOPE TO GOD THE SONG COMES OUT THIS YEAR AS PART OF THE BEATLE REMASTER PROGRAM
but no one has said that to me, that knows what they are talking about

SMART MONEY SAYS THE HOLD UP IS THAT THE BEATLES HAVE NOT INKED A DEAL FOR DOWNLOADS
WHEN WE SEE DOWNLOADS WE WILL SEE THE LAST NEW BEATLE SINGLE IN HISTORY
NO WONDER THE BEATLES ARE PLAYING HARDBALL WITH THE DOWNLOAD PROVIDERS! INCLUDED
IN THE DOWNLOAD DEAL IS A BRAND NEW BEATLE SONG HOLY SMOKES

THE MYSTERY IS WHEN CAN WE HEAR NOW AND THEN! ---THE MYSTERY IS NOT IS THEIR A FINISHED
BEATLE SONG IN THE CAN CALLED NOW AND THEN

It has been verified by the highest possible sources that its true NOW AND THEN IS FINISHED IN THE CAN

the damm mystery is why the heck don't they put out the freaking song!

My sources tell me it has been finished on the shelf since at least 2008.

Well, this would be nice, wouldn't it!

That bit about George is intriguing ... why such a small contribution? If this were true, wouldn't he be all over the song as much as the other Lennon "cassette" songs (lots of rhythm, lead fills, etc.)?
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2009, 02:14:35 PM »

I find it strange that people are going "IT SOUNDS VERY BEATLEY!"

Duh?  ???
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 02:39:49 PM by JimmyMcCullochFan »

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2009, 09:12:03 PM »

This is exciting! I want to hear it.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

georgeharrisonluver

• A Thousand Pages
  • Here Comes the Sun
    • My Beatle's Tumblr!
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2009, 09:54:04 PM »

I hope so!!!! I swear I gasped when I saw this tread. I've fallin in love with this song after hearing the demo of it on YouTube.  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.54 seconds with 91 queries.