Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles Theme Night on X Factor  (Read 2063 times)

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Beatles Theme Night on X Factor
« on: November 18, 2010, 10:29:44 PM »

Wagner will be doing the Hippy Hippy Shake, according to reports, after Simon Cowell set Beatles hits as this week's X Factor theme.

The energetic Brazilian performer will sing a mash-up of Get Back, Hippy Hippy Shake and Hey Jude, The Sun reports, as part of his hip-swinging show-stopper in tribute to the Fab Four.

Katie Waissel, who has sung for survival on the show four times, will perform Help! while rap fan Cher Lloyd is to tackle John Lennon's classic Imagine.

Cheryl Cole's other act Rebecca Ferguson will show off her big voice with Paul McCartney's famous ballad Yesterday.

Paije Richardson will perform Let It Be and favourite Matt Cardle will tackle Come Together.

Mary Byrne is to sing Something and boyband One Direction will try to tug on to the heart strings of their female fans with All You Need Is Love.

The Beatles theme coincides with the week that it was announced that the Fab Four would be finally arriving on iTunes, in a reported £500 million deal.

The X Factor performances will be available to download after Saturday night's live show, which often boosts sales of the originals.

The Beatles already have 13 albums in the iTunes Top 20, with Abbey Road the highest at number six.

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

Re: Beatles Theme Night on X Factor
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 08:54:49 AM »

Wagner will be doing the Hippy Hippy Shake, according to reports, after Simon Cowell set Beatles hits as this week's X Factor theme.

The energetic Brazilian performer will sing a mash-up of Get Back, Hippy Hippy Shake and Hey Jude, The Sun reports, as part of his hip-swinging show-stopper in tribute to the Fab Four.

Katie Waissel, who has sung for survival on the show four times, will perform Help! while rap fan Cher Lloyd is to tackle John Lennon's classic Imagine.

Cheryl Cole's other act Rebecca Ferguson will show off her big voice with Paul McCartney's famous ballad Yesterday.

Paije Richardson will perform Let It Be and favourite Matt Cardle will tackle Come Together.

Mary Byrne is to sing Something and boyband One Direction will try to tug on to the heart strings of their female fans with All You Need Is Love.

The Beatles theme coincides with the week that it was announced that the Fab Four would be finally arriving on iTunes, in a reported £500 million deal.

The X Factor performances will be available to download after Saturday night's live show, which often boosts sales of the originals.

The Beatles already have 13 albums in the iTunes Top 20, with Abbey Road the highest at number six.

Hippy Hippy Shake wasn't really a Beatles hit. They didn't even record it officially, but played it on the BBC Sessions.

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 11:05:10 AM »

every single one of these songs will be haunting the people who sing them on this stupid program-because they are gonna be murdering them.i have no time for talentless warbling singers who would have no idea how to write any kind of song themselves.lets' invent a talent program for singer/songwriters,eh?fix fix fix-and now they bring the beatles into it.............. :'( 2ch :'(
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 11:53:59 AM »

every single one of these songs will be haunting the people who sing them on this stupid program-because they are gonna be murdering them.i have no time for talentless warbling singers who would have no idea how to write any kind of song themselves.lets' invent a talent program for singer/songwriters,eh?fix fix fix-and now they bring the beatles into it.............. :'( 2ch :'(

Apparently Cowell was quoted as saying popular music has got very bland lately, which is a bit like Hitler complaining about a lack of synagogues.
I used to quite enjoy X Factor, but I haven't watched it this year. It is very clever television that is making many people LOTS of money. It really has little to do with music. Cowell isn't looking for a pop star, he's looking for advertising revenue. I just don't want them to be able to add me in to their viewing figures.
Someone recently called it The Collesium of Kareoke, which sums it up nicely. It's musical gladiators. And damn people like watching it. Cowell said the secret to his success is never having been a snob - he gives the public exactly what they want. EVERYONE I work with watch it religiously.
don't follow leaders

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 10:00:29 PM »

They all did really well Matt let me down Cher was fantastic (even though it wasnt a Beatles song lol) One Direction wasnt bad Mary outstanding Rebecca was okish Paige okish too though i cud of done without the choir wagner TERRIBLE katie wasnt bad.

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 11:53:53 AM »

Apparently Cowell was quoted as saying popular music has got very bland lately, which is a bit like Hitler complaining about a lack of synagogues.
I used to quite enjoy X Factor, but I haven't watched it this year. It is very clever television that is making many people LOTS of money. It really has little to do with music. Cowell isn't looking for a pop star, he's looking for advertising revenue. I just don't want them to be able to add me in to their viewing figures.
Someone recently called it The Collesium of Kareoke, which sums it up nicely. It's musical gladiators. And damn people like watching it. Cowell said the secret to his success is never having been a snob - he gives the public exactly what they want. EVERYONE I work with watch it religiously.
absolutely no doubt at all that it is a very popular program.i could really get on my high horse here but i won't.20 million viewers a week cannot be wrong.....can they?it's saturday night entertainment for all of the family!!what happened to 3-2-1?paul daniels magic show?little and large?cannon and ball?all looked upon now as being rubbish i suppose.....but 30 years ago they were cutting edge sat.night viewing!wonder if we'll look back on x-factor like this?
i quite like simon cowell to be honest with you-very good businessman.i am from the school where as a musician,or a vocalist or whatever you want to call them,you pay your dues as a performer.these people have instant success with this show.....very,very lucky.and popular for very average talents.
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

Page created in 0.406 seconds with 45 queries.