Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Albums from your favourite artists that you don't dig  (Read 5545 times)

nimrod

Re: Albums from your favourite artists that you don't dig
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 11:07:11 PM »

Division Bell - Pink Floyd It's not like I hate it, but my $15 could have been spent on something a lot better.

agree emmi  ;D

The Division Hell and A Momentary Lapse Of Talent are THE worst Floyd albums, the lads tried their best without the writing talents of Roger waters, they even employed people to 'make it sound like a Floyd album' but the whole concept of the two and the meaningless covers came over as a giant cash in, I went to see PF post waters and I think I counted 6 session musicians on stage with David and Nick, for me that is NOT Pink Floyd. (ie not what it said on the ticket)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 11:53:59 PM »

agree emmi  ;D

The Division Hell and A Momentary Lapse Of Talent are THE worst Floyd albums, the lads tried their best without the writing talents of Roger waters, they even employed people to 'make it sound like a Floyd album' but the whole concept of the two and the meaningless covers came over as a giant cash in, I went to see PF post waters and I think I counted 6 session musicians on stage with David and Nick, for me that is NOT Pink Floyd. (ie not what it said on the ticket)

Yes, maybe Dave's intentions were good, but why the hell did he kept using the name of Pink Floyd when there were just 2 members left (talking about the Momentary Lapse years). It was really obvious that they were no longer a band anymore, so just get over it. At least, that's my opinion.

Roger's quote about "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason" :
"I think it's very facile, but a quite clever forgery ... The songs are poor in general; the lyrics I can't quite believe. Gilmour's lyrics are very third-rate."

And on "The Division Bell" :
"Just rubbish ... nonsense from beginning to end."

I enjoy about everything that Floyd did, from the childish pshychedelic Syd songs, to the weird music and sounds from "Ummagumma" and "Atom Heart Mother", to the majestic and sublime "Dark Side Of The Moon", "Wish You Were Here" and "Animals", where the band was still working together, where every one of them was at their best, to the obligatory typical Roger concept albums "The Wall" and "The Final Cut". I think every Floyd era is special in it's own way and their progress from 1969 to 1973 (Ummagumma-Dark Side) is simpy amazing. I could never really get into the Gilmour era though. It's not that bad, it's just not Floyd. It's just like themselves said in one of their songs :

"Where is the feeling gone?
Will I remember the songs?
The show must go on!"
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

nimrod

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 05:29:20 AM »

Yes, maybe Dave's intentions were good, but why the hell did he kept using the name of Pink Floyd when there were just 2 members left (talking about the Momentary Lapse years). It was really obvious that they were no longer a band anymore, so just get over it. At least, that's my opinion.

I like Dave, but........ he should have gone out as Dave Gilmour not Pink Floyd
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 40 queries.