Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Yoko Ono  (Read 25396 times)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: Yoko Ono
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2016, 04:35:56 PM »

Sean Lennon responds to haters who slam pic of Yoko with Kim Kardashian

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/sean-lennon-defends-mom-yoko-ono-over-pic-with-kim-kardashian/ar-AAiFnra?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U218DHP

Way to keep it classy, Sean. Profanity always works.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2016, 10:54:33 PM »

You know what? People trashed his mother on his FB page. In the first place, I'd say the "profanity" was relatively mild, considering. Next, I think that in the real world many people do use profanity to one extent or another. His dad sure did. Why should Sean be held to some saintly standard? Anyway, use of strong language is a personal choice for everyone, and I personally appreciate those who speak honestly from the heart. In light of what was happening on his FB account, I think he handled it pretty well. Very well, in fact. Just my opinion.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2016, 11:31:31 PM »

I was taking him seriously till he described Kanye West as an artist
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2016, 01:10:10 AM »

True. That's another matter altogether.

:-\

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2016, 03:06:12 AM »

You know what? People trashed his mother on his FB page. In the first place, I'd say the "profanity" was relatively mild, considering. Next, I think that in the real world many people do use profanity to one extent or another. His dad sure did. Why should Sean be held to some saintly standard? Anyway, use of strong language is a personal choice for everyone, and I personally appreciate those who speak honestly from the heart. In light of what was happening on his FB account, I think he handled it pretty well. Very well, in fact. Just my opinion.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree, Jim.  :) I'm certainly not holding Sean to some "saintly standard." In my opinion, a message has more impact if it's not littered with expletives. Personally, when I hear (or read of) a person using uncouth language I automatically lose a bit of respect for him or her, and that includes myself.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2016, 04:08:24 AM »

In my opinion, a message has more impact if it's not littered with expletives.

I agree.  There's an art to it.
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2016, 04:11:46 AM »

Now, who are Kim Kardashian and Kanye West?

KelMar

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2016, 05:33:01 AM »

Personally, when I hear (or read of) a person using uncouth language I automatically lose a bit of respect for him or her, and that includes myself.

I agree, Kathy. I think certain words should be reserved for when I run my leg into the corner of the coffee table, which just happened. I understand why Sean was angry but public pages on Facebook are nasty places frequented by trolls and I'm sure he knows that. I found that out when I became an administrator on a Beatles photo page. I thought it would be fun to share my pictures but it mostly wasn't. LOL

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2016, 07:29:00 AM »

I can understand Sean going off. It's his mum and I've found people can be total pigs on social media. Especially when anonymous.

Equally I can understand people not liking profanity.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2016, 09:44:45 AM »

OK, we all have our individual tolerance levels for coarse language, but going back to the article I only see two instances cited. I wouldn't consider it being "littered with expletives." Just honest responses. Emotional perhaps, but he's entitled to that. Parenthetically, I've seen trolling of Yoko on his FB page and Twitter account before. It comes and goes non-stop. I don't blame the guy for getting P.O.'d. I would say that reacting emotionally may just fuel the flames and feed trolls' egos. It would probably be best to avoid that. But again, I appreciate his honest and firm response, expletives or not.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2016, 01:27:50 PM »

Personally, when I hear (or read of) a person using uncouth language I automatically lose a bit of respect for him or her, and that includes myself.

I've been thinking about this. I've known or heard of plenty of reprehensible - and even downright evil - people who never utter an expletive, but I wouldn't trust them to watch my bike for me. You know what I mean. For me, earning or losing respect has more to do with the bigger things one does in life, not so much a little rough language. Just saying.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2016, 02:58:25 PM »

Kim Kardashian got the short end of that straw. 

Also, I apologize to everybody because I probably use worse language on this board than anybody. 

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2016, 05:49:08 PM »

Todd, I don't think you need to apologize; I haven't noticed much bad language on this board by anyone. I guess to me it's an apples-and-oranges kind of thing: This is a more casual forum, and Sean -- who I guess I am holding to a higher standard -- was posting on a very public forum. That was what I took issue with, given that he's a public figure (I think). (Or is he? Yoko certainly is. Is Julian?)

But as Moogmodule pointed out, they were attacking his mother, which would likely strike a nerve with anyone. It sure would with me.

And for what it's worth, I remember a certain trip to St. Paul I took with the kids last summer during which I said the "F" word about 60 times in 20 minutes because of a huge construction project and mislabeled exits.   ;)

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2016, 07:12:14 PM »

Public forum? I don't know. It's his personal FB page, although I guess he uses it to promote his musical projects. Anyway, a bunch of folks got on there and trashed his mom, so I still cut him slack for being honest and speaking up for her. It's his right to do as he pleases on his own page, especially since it's left open for all kinds of trolling like this.

Like I said before, I've seen this kind of thing going on in the past and he's been pretty restrained. I don't blame him for losing it once in awhile.

Done. Just slap me if I need to shut up now.

:P

KelMar

« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2016, 10:42:11 PM »

For me, earning or losing respect has more to do with the bigger things one does in life, not so much a little rough language. Just saying. :)

This discussion makes me think of George Carlin, who I've always really liked. (Go figure!) He had a routine about words being just words. But when it comes to profanity I guess I am sort of inconsistent. Sometimes it makes me laugh but sometimes it makes me feel like I'm about to get my feelings really hurt. I guess it's all about the context.

Quote from: tkitna
Also, I apologize to everybody because I probably use worse language on this board than anybody.

You're fine Todd.

Now, who are Kim Kardashian and Kanye West?

They are an entity known as Kimya, apparently! Similar to Johnyo, Plinda, Georgttie and Rinmo. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:59:28 PM by In My Life »

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2016, 10:44:23 PM »

Just coincidently I was looking at my Twitter feed and Sean seems to have got into a fruitless argument  over the term "mansplaining". I don't follow him on Twitter but clearly he's everywhere on social media at the moment. He's being polite I should add.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2016, 10:50:03 PM »

They are an entity known as Kimya, apparently! Similar to Johnyo, Plinda, Georgttie and Rinmo. 

Wha?   ???    Must be some boy band, I reckon.

KelMar

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2016, 11:02:50 PM »

Wha?   ???    Must be some boy band, I reckon.

Something like that.  :)

Now I must go write 50 times "I will preview my messages before posting them."

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2016, 03:10:13 AM »

I was able to dissect it out Kelley.  ;)

Uh oh!  I see I used the term boy band.  Now we're in for it!

KelMar

« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2016, 06:38:06 AM »

I was able to dissect it out Kelley.  ;)

Very good, Barry! It's amazing how much havoc one forgotten bracket can cause.

Uh oh!  I see I used the term boy band.  Now we're in for it!

You're in for it! All I did is quote the term.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.645 seconds with 80 queries.